“Front office need to improve”

Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #74 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spacious suites with well appointed living area and kitchenette...but small and tight bed room ...the window opens to the atrium of the ground floor mall...breakfast buffet was elaborate... efficient House keeping and restaurant staff ...but bad experience while checking out....Front Office kept us waiting for 20 minutes....God knows why...three different persons, including a lady were involved...still such avoidable delay....even though they were alerted earlier to keep the bills ready...obviously they were new and lacked expertise in check out process.... communication was also poor.... not expected from a Sarovar hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with window opening in to the atrium
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Asfiya s, Manager at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Greetings form Davanam Sarovra Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!!

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We would like to thank you for having chosen Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites as your preferred accommodation in Bengaluru.

It is disappointing to hear that you faced problem with the service, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are certain that your feedback has been shared with our staff. A follow up with the staff has been be done through the trainings and new recruitments as to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We have reviewed for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guests in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is very close to Silk Board and thus very convenient for business travelers. The suite we booked was spacious with a big living room and kitchenette, however, the room was really small. The bed was crammed in a corner such that one needed to climb the bed to go to the far end side, with the TV sticking out in between! Internet, TV, aircon, hot water, etc worked well.

Breakfast is mostly an Indian spread, and not suitable for visitors from abroad. The waiters are most helpful but the food was mostly luke-warm/cold. The front desk really needs improvement. Check-in as well as check-out takes a long time. If you do not check your bills, chances are you will be charged for things you have already paid for. The front desk staff need training in hospitality, they never smile or greet and are almost unhelpful. They look confused when asked simple questions.

To sum, it can be a good hotel for its spacious rooms and location if staff present themselves better.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Davanam Sarovra Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!!

The Suites are designed in 22 different style and guest will have options to opt for the same. On your next visit we take a previlage to assigne the city view facing.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Arrived at an odd hour (3:00 AM); once I was able to find the reception on the 4th floor it went smooth. The suites are very spacious and well equipped which make your stay comfortable.

The A/C was working very good kept the room nice and cold. As others have mentioned, the rooms are a little dark & challenging to understand the lighting system since there are numerous switches. My main observation in regards to the rooms is, if you have two TVs both should be functioning with cable service. Out of the two TVs in my room only one was working, the TV which was in front of my bed didn't have a signal.. I was told that I could request in reception for them to bring up a second cable box, that the practice was to have only one. Then why have two TVs??

I found that the breakfast buffet was limited and what I did try my first day was not so tasty, to the point that I skipped it for the rest of my stay. Unfortunately for the dinner service I cant say much as the hotel restaurant had a private event and was fully booked. Had to have dinner at the mall next door.

As I had an early flight, the night before my checking out I had asked the reception to have my bill ready early in the morning to assure no delays; even though they had confirmed that it would be ready at the agreed time; when I went down to check-out I had to wait approximately 20 minutes to have my bill for food & drinks as the room was pre-paid.

If possible, arrange your own airport transfer to the hotel, the service provided to me was below standard, the car was not the greatest, the driver didn't speak a word of English and what made it worst was the price almost double; so if you are going to get bad service and dodgy car better get it on your own for half the price..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Asfiya s, Manager at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Greetings from Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!

Thank you for staying at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites. Such comments coming from you, is indeed of real value to us!

We were a bit concerned on your feedback on & would be looking at the issue on high priority; it is & will always remain our endeavor to give comfortable Stay to our guest. At time of checkout the inconvenience caused due to the last moment request of airport transportation and the same bill to split among your team members.

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible "Memorable Experience" while in our care.

We would be very happy and very proud indeed to welcome you again at Davanam sarovar portico suites whenever the next opportunity arises.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I had two rooms at Davanam for three days. Although we had a rocky start, our stay was very comfortable. While checking in, the receptionist questioned my Indian visa stamped on my U.S. passport. He retained my passport to show it to his supervisor. Who knew that a hotel receptionist would double as an Indian immigration agent! I was ready to storm out, however, as we were late for an outside function, we checked in. Except for this initial problem, everything else was very good. One of our rooms was upgraded. Suites are modern, spacious, clean, and practical. Lighting was a bit too dim. The almost transparent glass door from the bathroom to the dressing area creates somewhat of a privacy issue, especially if you are sharing the bedroom with a non-spouse. The fourth floor reception was different from the usual. Parking was rather difficult. On the positive side, the restaurant was excellent. The breakfast buffet was elaborate. The service was excellent. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Message to the hotel - Trust the Indian immigration officers to do their jobs! You are not immigration! Do not make your guests feel unwelcome by questioning their visas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita826

Greetings from Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!

We were a bit concerned on your feedback on & would be looking at the issue on high priority; it is & will always remain our endeavor to give comfortable Stay to our guests.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I arrived at this hotel on 25th June evening, and checked out on 27th June morning.

The hotel reception is on the 4th floor. The hotel is part of the Total Superstore mall at Madiwala in Bangalore.

Check in: The check in was very efficient. I was allocated a room on the 5th floor (532). The bell boy escorted me to the room. The corridor leading to the room was well carpeted and hence very quite.

The Suite: The suite is like a studio apartment. At the entry, there is a kitchenette with a couple of chairs for dining. There is also a sofa set for relaxing. The bedroom has a large bed. My only grouse is the lighting in the dressing area. It is too dark and the lights are not placed over the dressing mirror to see anything. Also the décor is very dark and so there is no brightness. You have to invariably open the curtain to light up the room, but that window overlooks the upper floors of the mall. Not a very good idea!

Breakfast/Dinner: It is served in the restaurant on the 4th floor. The spread is good with couple of continental dishes, a few Indian dishes and the usual stuff.

Business Services: I was conducting a workshop there for 2 days, and the only complaint I have is that the power supply kept going off on day 2 repeatedly. I asked for UPS power to the projector but it was provided only at 4 PM on day 2, just 2 hrs before closing.

Special Mention: Mr. Prasoon who was assigned to us as the coordinator took very good care of all our requirements. The breaks happened at the stipulated time. During lunch also, he was there to ensure our needs were taken care of! Good job done, Prasoon!

Overall Impression: Very good suite, good business services, if only they could get the lighting in the bedroom arranged, it would be 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Meghdoot1107

Greetings from Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!

Thanks fro the suggestion as we are in the process of increasing the lighting in our guests rooms, which can ease our valued guest stay a comfortable one.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is my regular hotel on trips to Bangalore. Beautiful rooms and quality service. Food is good as well.
The entrance and lobby are a let down but only hides the better parts.
Especially want to congratulate Sarovar on the good service, this is the third sarovar property I have been to and it has consistently been good

• Stayed: June 2014

Greetings from Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!

I Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites hopefully in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here on two separate occasions and found the experience very satisfying.Rooms are spacious and clean.The reception was manned by very efficient lady who seemed to be over worked. The WIFI was very good . The breakfast buffet spread was excellent. The lunch buffet albeit being on the costlier side was good. The management needs to improve the following two aspects to make the stay more memorable:

1. The 4 veg and 3 non veg dishes which are prepared and served fresh in the buffet needs to be served quickly and the guests should be briefed about this or the same should be mentioned in the menu card.On the two occasions I and my son opted for the buffet we missed these accompaniments.The waiters themselves were complaining of the delay by the kitchen.

2. More efficient coordination between the front desk and the car rental manager.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru!!

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible “Memorable Experience" while in our care.we implemented your suggestions and the staff has been trained to brief the guests about the table services.

Regards,