“Lost in the National Gallery”

National Gallery of Modern Art
Ranked #52 of 326 things to do in Bengaluru
Sitges, Spain
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lost in the National Gallery”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Used to European museums I have to admit that I was a bit lost during my visit. Don't expect any explanations, but be ready to let your imagination fly. Worth a visit just for a change and new experiences.

Visited September 2013

Jaipur, India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“collection of old & new paintings”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had lot of free time . I had a lot of interest in paintings during my school days. So i decided to visit this National gallery of modern art.
i was very enthusiastic to see the paintings. There was a lot of collection of modern paintings by many known and unknown artists.

Visited June 2014
Bengaluru, India
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“National Gallery”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have gone through couple of times. Its a best place to spend your free time.Go with enough time so you will have enough to spend time together and love to see n read there.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank satdean
Hyderabad, India
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Not into art and paintings, still worth spending some time here...........”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Not someone who understands the details of art, I was not very sure when my husband was driving us to the Gallery. My 11 year old son was just curious as he was not sure of what to expect.

All our inhibitions just vanished and as we entered the mansion which houses the Art Gallery, we got lost in the paintings. The place is so well organised, maintained and managed that we were in awe of it. The team of security personnel on duty for instance very respectfully guided people from one chamber to another unlike many other museums we have seen where the attendants almost shoo people away.

The paintings on display on ground level are of various artists ranging from Raja Ravi Varma to Rabindranath Tagore and some recent artists as well.

The mansion is surrounded by really old trees which adds to its beauty. We happened to be visiting at a time when they were displaying paintings of Amrita Sher-Gil restored by Art Historian and Curator Yashodhara Dalmia.

Families with young children might want to practice discretion in letting children watch all the paintings, as some of them might not seem age appropriate depending on the artist whose work is on display.

Clicking photographs inside the gallery is not permitted, you can however click to your heart's content outside the gallery in the lush green surroundings.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank DeepaMHyb
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best place for art lovers”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a nice place to be. They have a small cafe, sit out, galleries. You can also buy prints and books here. In short a good place to spend your time if you love art.

Visited April 2014