“Absolutely outstanding”

Ranked #8 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Absolutely outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I am one of the group of IBMers who stayed at the hotel for its first few weeks of operation. While there were some very minor new building / start-up problems, overall, it was the best hotel stay of my life.

The hotel is beautiful, my room was superb, and the food was excellent. But what was best was the outstanding staff. Perhaps some of it is Indian culture, but I think the hotel has hired the best and set a high level of expectation for good service. No one on the staff was ever less than friendly and completely helpful. I have never before been treated so well.

(Let me comment that I have no status with Marriott at all - I had always stayed at a competing chain, but the Marriott's close proximity to IBM was too good to ignore.)

At the risk of missing many names (I think all deserve praise), I wanted to cite a few: (1) Housekeeping: Ashok and Balvinder have done an outstanding job of tending my room. The room was always "brand new" - and on several occasions they left nice little touches for me (flowers, or decorative animals made from fresh towels). (2) Restaurant: It was always a pleasure to be greeted by the cheery face of Needhu. The servers (usually Diljit or Santu) were very attentive to all my wants. The chefs (particularly Vivekananda, who prepared some special food for me, and also Rohan) did a fabulous job. (3) Arijit Bose and Prashant L. was amazing - they make feel like a royal guest. I'd also like to thank Navin - and there's one more young man whose name I didn't recall (looks a bit like "TinTin" in the old French story books - very cheerful, hair "sticks up" a bit in front). (4) In addition to general manager Matthew Cooper, all the managers were fabulously helpful. I'd like to thank in particular Front Office Manger Glen Dsouza for his great assistance every day, Varun Pandit from the restaurant, and many others whose names I have forgotten or never learned.

(The Front Desk was great too - unfortunately I didn't learn their names. The Security team at the front door and the gate were friendly and helpful as well.)

Once again, my congratulations on the opening - I hope and expect that the hotel will be a great success - and my thanks for to all your staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rlindau
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Mr Lindauer,

What a simply stellar way to start the day. It really inspires my people to greatness to hear such amazing feedback from our guests. I am sure my competition will be coming after the associates you mentioned to get them to come and work for them! I cant wait for you to come back and I will ensure that Marriott is your choice not simply from a location perspective. Once again THANK YOU!

Matthew Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Great hotel with a wonderful service! Food was great. Staff is doing everything to make it a fantastic stay. I found the pool only ony last day... Looks nice.
I will definitively come back on my next business visit to Bangalore

• Stayed March 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I know our Hosts loved having you here. Please let me know when you next come back and I would love to arrange a lunch or dinner by the pool for you. It is simply amazing up there.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I had buffet lunch @ Marriot Whitefield ,Bangalore last wk.It started recently and lucky to have team lunch.The conference hall was so big with all facilities.Hotel interior is luxurious and excellent.Lunch buffet was so good with melting mutton curry ,hats off to chef!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank my fly trips
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

You certainly know how to brighten a chefs day!!!! Thank you so much for the time you took to write this review. My team and I are so excited to read your lovely words and thank you so much for posting about your experience of our amazing breakfast buffet. I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch and we cannot wait to "host you brilliantly" again soon.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed at the Bengaluru Marriott a couple of weeks after it had been opened. Overall (as expected) the hotel was in perfect shape. My room was clean and comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. I had dinner in the buffet restaurant, food quality and selection was good. The only minus comes from automatically interpreting an order of water in the restaurant to mean "imported and very expensive European water". Hotel has also excellent cars available for transportation. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

2 Thank AirlineElite
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

It mean so much to my team to read such outstanding commendations about the work they have done to get ready for our guests. I thank you for taking the time to write about us. I will have my Director of Food and Beverage retrain our team in regards to the water service and I hope you will accept my apology for this. I also hope you contact me before your next stay at matthew.cooper@marriott.com soii may look after you further.

We are looking forward to hosting you brilliantly again soon.

Kind regards

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was in the hotel on day5 of its opening so you can imagine, just BRAND NEW. I had a good view of the pool from my room, good floor area within the room and the best was the bathroom see thru glass window (Huge, but can be closed)- totally new concept for sure. the food was excellent all across 3 day. The staff was very energetic and were keen to assist and take care. The best part was the hotel GM Mr Matt took personal time to introduce himself and had a ice breaker session with us, rare to see GMs doing that nowadays (impressed).

1 Thank Prashy21
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write this review. My team and I are so excited to read your kind words and thank you so much for mentioning the opening activity I did for your event. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we cannot wait to "host you brilliantly" again soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I was one of the first guests of the hotel, which had in fact open one day before.
My room was very nice, with view on the pool. Very spacious, two beds and a glass that makes you look through the bathroom (there's a curtain for privacy). The bathroom itself is quite big, with bath and shower and a good quality (finally!) hairdrier.
The food was fantastic, never had indian food of this standard. Both breakfast and dinner buffet were humongous in their variety.
The swimming pool had not opened yet, but looked very good indeed.
The hotel location is good if you are visiting one of the local companies (like I was), but it's a bit far from the city centre.
But the best of all was the staff. Their enthusiasm was over the moon but it wasn't lame at all. They really do care about their guests and genuinely want to do the best for them. And this is true for all of the staff, including the manager, the front desk, waiters, drivers, trainers and cleaners. Most of them seemed to even know my name.
I've never been pampered like this before.

Room Tip: Rooms with view over the pool are better than the ones on the other side (street view)
2 Thank Bimbettocavallo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write this review. My team and I are so excited to read your lovely words and Thank you so much for posting the pictures of our amazing breakfast buffet. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we cannot wait to "host you brilliantly" again soon.

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I happened to be among the first ones to lodge in this hotel since its opening at the beginning of February.
While there are still a few things to be finished, e.g. the lounge opens today for the first time, this is a little jewel of a place in Bangalore.
The staff is very enthusiastic, friendly and loves seeing for their customer's well-being.
The hotel is situated on a nice property and the amenities are very nicely made. The food is exquisite at reasonable prices. If you go there, you have to try the dinner buffet with Indian foods.

2 Thank tbuehlma
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

What a wonderful way for us to start our Tripadvisor profile. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. This type of feedback certainly encourages our associates to keep working so hard. It is gratifying after so much hard work to open the hotel to be appreciated so early on. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bangalore Marriott Whitefield and please feel free to contact me on matthew.cooper@marriott.com when you make your next reservation.