“Great hotel”

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #11 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was my second stay in Bangalore, and while the Marriott was a big improvement from the last hotel I stayed at, there are still a few things missing from me being able to give a 5 star review.

Great things about the Marriott:

The staff is very friendly, very polite and eager to please. They make you feel welcome and they remember little things about you, eventhough they have a full hotel...very impressive :)

The rooms are well laid out, there is enough room and the beds are comfortable. The towel animals is a story of its own, and the house cleaner is such an artist :) it was a nice surprise to come back to a new animal every day :)

The bathroom is nice, but the toilet was in my room placed in a small corner which could have been designed. The shower has a nice size and the tub is a nice thing to have.

I used the laundry service many times and it was a treat everytime my clothes came back, beautifully folded.

The restaurant has a wonderful buffet, the Indian dishes are fantastic, however the Italian and European dishes should probably not be mixed in as the chefs are fantastic Indian chefs but not so much for the Italian dishes.

The pool area seems to be a nice little oasis from the busy streets down below.

The location next to the mall makes access very easy, however the sopping centre is not really something to write home aout.

What is needed for a five star review?

While the rooms are cleaned everyday and everything looks really nice, the floor, especially in the bathroom, could do with a vacuumcleaning and a wash. The hotel I stayed in at my first visit also had issues with the level of cleaning, though the Mariott is MUCH better. But still, I would expect the floors to be cleaned much better at this type of hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Christine S R
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our new hotel. I would really like to speak to you about the specifics of cleanliness you mentioned as we only want to improve. What you please email me on matthew.cooper@marriott.com and I will connect with you offline. I really appreciate you helping us get up to 5 stars!!

Matthew Cooper

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was one of the best hotel in Whitefield area after comparing it to SPG Properties that I have stayed previously in Bengaluru with in terms of appearance and service. I used to stay with Starwoods hotels even thhough they are 45 min from my work but as soon as the Marriott opened up near the IT City I canceled my Starwoods reservations and booked my stay in Whitefield Marriott as it was very close to my Accenture Bang6 (5 min drive.)

The staff was very welcoming and was always their to help. Upon arrival I was not given the room of my choice but next day when I met Matthew Cooper, General Manager of the hotel at the executive longue and told him about my room and expectation, he with in no time upgraded me to a suite. Thanks to Matthew that due to his upgrade I was able to invite few of my freinds over to my suite for a drink. They all were impressed by the hotel and my suite. The staff hired by Matthew is very professional and alwalys went an extra mile to help me with food or with my questions about the local area. The ambiance of the hotel and the room was very nice and the quality of the bed and pillows was better than other Marriott's that I have stayed previously. The bathroom was very spacious and featured everthing that you can imagine to be in your bathroom. The only one word to describe is PERFECT!!!

Now lets go the the restaurant for breakfast that was complementry to me as a Platinum member. I met Executive Chef Rahil, Chef Vivek and Varun they asked me to tell any food that I like and they will prepare it for me, even if it's not on the menu. Vivek was always responsive and reached to me in the club longue and at the restaurant. He did prepare for me some very good dishes. Thanks to Vivek for all you good food specially the aloo ka paratha, puris and paneer tikka.
There was a very wide selection of the food, fruits and drinks. My favorite was butter milk and sweet lassi....
Club longue was very good and also offter a decent selection of the food and drinks. Eveyone at the club lounge was checking with me and other guests for any drinks and food. Thanks to all Club Lounge Stewarts and your willingness to help.
The people at the front desk Vinni and others were always reaching out for asssistance...great example of customer service...
FYI..There is a shopping mall attached to the hotel and if you erer feel like walikng and shopping you can go directly from the hotel.
At the end I would like to say If I am in Bangalore my first choice will be Whitefield Marriott and my company associates after my recommendation will be staying with Whitefield Marriott too!!!

Regards,
Tanveer Husain

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Tanveer H
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

A Suite upgrade is the least I could have done for you. The manner in which you engaged with my associates wanted them to look after you so much more. It is guests like you that make our job so enjoyable!!!! We are so looking forward to seeing you again soon. Please email me before you come back matthew.cooper@marriott.com.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I just returned from a ten day stay. This is the second hotel I've chosen in the Whitefield area. Airport pickup was flawless. As usual, our party was met just outside the terminal exit and wisked away to the hotel. One suggestion for Marriott would be to provide a bottle of water in the car. Its a long trip and it would be appreciated from folks who just got off a 9-10 hr flight.

Checkin was extremely quick, everything was ready. I would add that the staff is friendly, polite, and extremely eager to please.

The Room: The room is extremely well done. It had a King Size bed, a desk with comfortable chair, two night stands, wardrobe, mini-bar, bag bench, safe. The bed itself was extremely comfortable and the linen high quality. I really liked the iHome alarm clock with iPod/iPad dock(old one), and a USB port for a second device. Electrical Outlets are universal ( any US, European plug will work without converters ). The room has a safe for valuables, but its not large enough for electronics, like a large laptop or in my case a CPAP. Closet space is good, drawer space good enough. Mini-Bar was well stocked, and I found the prices very reasonable. Room temps were generally good, but got a little hot with my south facing room ("facing the pool"). The A/C did not keep up mid-day Saturday/Sunday even with the curtain closed. Cleaning staff did a nice job, I even got a towel flower my first day on bed "just like Disney World". The desk was good for working, except for the fact its glass. My wireless mouse was a bit unhappy. There is a wood set of drawers under the glass were I was able to position my mouse, but it was awkward If Marriott were to provide a desk cover/blotter, that would be an improvement. Nice flatscreen TV with about 60+ channels of movies. Hope you like Cricket

The bathroom is very nice with a separate tub and shower. The shower has a choice of a waterfall or hand sprayer, and has a nice bench, and a good place for the soaps and shampoos. It one of the better done showers I've had in a hotel. They provided a robe, slipper, and a high quality set of towels.

Laundry: I used the service as I had two pieces included each day. It was fast efficient, and everything came back nicer than it was sent. I just left my bag each morning, and it was generally returned by evening.

Food: I ate in the multi-cusine restaurant, the bar, and the coffee shop. First, the coffee shop is what every Bangalore hotel is generally missing. Its a place you can go for a quick, lighter bite, or just a cappuccino. One evening I had a piece of quiche and coffee for dinner which was great. It also is a place to grab a soft drink, or small sweet. They could use some additional items like chips, but I really loved having this.

The multi-cusine restaurant (M-Cafe) was very good. Breakfast was well done. The buffet choices were smaller than other Bangalore Hotels I've stayed at in food selection, though the quality was generally higher. They had a omelet station, but if you ask were willing to make Pancakes, French Toast and Waffles, and I did take them up on this. They should advertise this better. They had a larger selection of juices, than any hotel I've visited, most put out 2-3, Marriott had like 6-7. There were lots of fresh fruits and I really enjoyed the smoked salmon. I was full everyday when leaving. I ate dinner at M-Cafe 4 nights. The food was well prepared. The buffet was good, but a little repetitive. It could use some theme nights to change it up a bit more. The hotel's Italian restaurant is not yet open which leads to some of the repetition for dinner, and the menu's Western choices are not large.

M-Bar was nice. We had drinks and a light dinner there one evening. I had a club sandwich that was well prepared. Bar-tenders were very attentive. I also did room service twice, once for lunch/once for dinner. Food was brought up in the promised time and the quality was good.

The Pool is beautiful and big enough for lap swim. It had opened by the time I arrived. The pool was in bright sun until about 2pm, and then generally is in shade of the tower the rest of the day. It was pretty hot until two. The shaded lounges were good, but some additional shade areas would be nice.

I was told by co-workers that the gym was nice, but did not try it.

The hotel is attached to the InOrbit mall. I walked around one evening. You reach it through the business centre on the first floor. Typically mall, with a food court and some sit down food options. Mostly Western/European goods. There is a "drug store" if you've forgotten anything. I bought some sun screen.

Staff: Overall, they tried very hard to please and were polite and friendly. There were some minor mistakes at dinner one night, but I'd say that is just likely due to how new the hotel was, and how recently it opened and the staff still a little "green". In general the staff was friendly and willing do to anything to please.

Overall: Its another extremely competitive choice when staying in Bangalore, and due to the fact that I'm a frequent Marriott guest in the US, this one will probably will get the majority of my business in my future trips. The coffee shop is probably my favorite part, but a big nice pool that I could lap swim in was certainly a close second. I look forward to returning in the future.

3  Thank jonbier
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Reviewer,

A truly exhaustive and detailed review of the hotel. I would love to meet you on your next visit to solicit your feedback as to how we will achieve 5 stars in your next review. Thank you so much for taking time to look into all elements of the stay. When our guests are as passionate about our hotel as we are it makes us realize why we chose this profession.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Bangalore Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Please follow us on twitter @BLRMarriott

Reviewed 27 March 2013

While in Bangalore for business, the Marriot in Whitefield, Bangalore is a great hotel that will make your stay much more enjoyable. Connected to a shopping mall that has multiple places to eat. Very nice swimming pool and the best fitness facility I've encountered in a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

What a great review!!! Thank you so much for this fabulous feedback. It makes our morning meetings so much more enjoyable when we have great feedback to share. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bangalore soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Great hotel for service, as part of a recent conference - I was impressed by the staff personal service. We held a large number of events and would be keen to recommend the hotel for such events.
We had lovely food although it was a little 'samey' over 7 days and will continue to encourage some diversity for the chefs to bring to an international audience.
We have to recognise that the overall hotel was only opened in February and we were impressed how the team worked together,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the review. I know the exact event you mentioned and we too loved having you here. We have worked very hard on the service within the hotel and I appreciate the feedback to let us know we are on the right track.

I look forward to seeing you in the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Well, Whitefield is adding hotels at a rapid rate. The Marriott Whitefield is the latest addition to this eastern IT suburb for India’s best known IT city. Also, well, Whitefield is actually quite a distance from central Bangalore, so someone choosing this hotel should have work in this area. Whitefield is quite a way from the airport as well, and has been underserved all these years, but is catching up now with top end brands. Marriott brings its international format to the area.

The rooms are typical Marriott – fairly spacious, well lit naturally, comfortably furnished. The double bed is okay, the colour scheme is cream, with a beige white carpet. Room aesthetics are minimal – there is just a framed pattern. All the usual amenities are fine – shelves, tv, phones, charging points, alarm clocks etc. The desk is modernist oval glass thing, and somehow I think a square shaped one is better to work on. The washroom is fine – has a shower and a bath, satisfactory but not great. The shower needs another ceiling light – one corner is dark. Toiletries disappointing. As is the woodwork in the room. The Wifi is satisfactory.

The lobby is airy and welcoming. Check in speed – okay. It’s a new hotel, so not all parts are complete/ open. There is going to be a pool. There isn’t much of a garden, but there is a drive, not easily seen in new hotels. The hotel is also in the same building as Inorbit Mall, and has entry points from within the hotel. The hotel has ample conference and business facilities on offer. The staff are quite enthusiastic and welcoming.

For me, the best part of the hotel was M Café. Spacious, this all day diner, a Marriott standard, is very good. It has extensive buffet choices, right from continental to local delicacies. Take time to linger and sample different dishes. Huge dessert selection here, and also across the lobby at Whitefield Baking Company, another group standard. Looks great, as it does everywhere. The Italian restaurant, Alto Vino, looks inviting, but didn’t experience. There is an M Bar too, in a pleasant pink scheme.

There are teething issues in the beginning, as everywhere, and that will sort out to make this a standard Marriott. It is in a business location, but just that it feels too much like a business 4 star hotel, not 5!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view. Suites definitely better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your great review. I look forward to seeing you in the hotel again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have been staying in the Whitefield area for a few years now and have been eagerly waiting for a quality hotel to open this side of town. I was very excited when I heard the Marriotts was coming up and had high hopes after experiencing different Marriotts around the world. Finally when it opened I was not disappointed because of the memorable experiences I had both the times i visited the property.

The first time I went was 02 Sundays ago for their Sunday brunch. The food on offer was exquisite, my wife especially loved the Thai curry made by chef. I instantly became a fan of the Asian skewers that were on offer on that day. One bit of advise, SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT. Apart from the food & the service another point that contributed to my experience was the kids entertainment they had on offer. My 06 year old spent the entire time at the activity zone which included various activities to keep her occupied while I enjoyed my brunch with my wife.

The second time I visited the hotel was when Kate Bracks was there on Saturday. My wife has been following the series ever since it started and was very excited to learn Masterchef Kate Bracks will conducting a cooking class at Marriotts. We immediately signed up for the class and had a wonderful Saturday afternoon in the hotel. They had these muffins which were served during the show which were so delicious. Apart from the great food I would also like to make a mention of the always smiling and cheerful staff they have. I hope they organise many more similar events in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ramesh R
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am so glad you have enjoyed your experiences and I am so happy to read how much you enjoyed seeing Masterchef Australia Winner Kate Bracks conducting a masterclass. She is fantastic and I just informed her of your review and she was chuffed to say the least. In answer to your question we will definitely do more of this type of event and I am currently working on the next one. Please come into the hotel and fill out out our Opt In form to be added to the mailing list so we can let you know as these events come up.

Please say hello to me next time you are in the hotel as I would be delighted to meet you.