“Everything's just right”

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #8 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Everything's just right”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I am in the middle of a two week stay at the new Marriott Whitefield. Being a regular business visitor to Bangalore, this is the sixth hotel I have stayed in, in a quest to find the perfect one for me. I think I may have found it. Everything at the Marriott Whitefield is just how you want it. It's mainly the little things: inclusive wi-fi, plenty of free bottled water, a pool bigger than a postage stamp with a decent amount of sun (at least until mid-afternoon), a wide choice of good, healthy, tasty food that doesn't cost the earth, a well-equipped gym, a spa, direct access to a shopping centre, decent sized rooms which are well kitted out and attentive and friendly staff.

There are opportunities for improvement, as always, but nothing that will spoil my stay: the odd forgotten request at dinner, a cramped position of the toilet and the tv coming on whenever you enter the room. I would recommend a review of the spa prices, almost double the prices of some other 5 star hotels in the city, indeed, not far short of Western European prices, but that's about it.

I'll definitely be back next time I'm in town and have already recommended the Marriott Whitefield without reservation to colleagues and business associates visiting Bangalore.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of our property. It certainly warms our heart to see that our guests appreciate the hard work that has gone into preparing this hotel for opening. It inspires to be so much better. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Matthew Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I spent 3 nights at this property during our India kickoff meeting. The property was new has all amenities that a business traveler needs.

The brand, service along with the look and feel truly international.

The food was good in taste and has a decent spread.

Few Remarks:
1. The breakfast spread did not have dosa (south indian rice pan cake) even a single day (out of 3 days breakfast i had) which is quiet common in any buffet spread
2. No loofa available with housekeeping (unusual to know in a international star hotel)
3. Lobby is not as grand expected - Many Gateway hotels (budget hotels of taj group) have better lobby

overall the stay was good and had a good night sleep.

its a great hotel if you have work in and around whitefield.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Dear Readers,
I have been for 4 weeks in Bangalore (April 2013) as a business traveller. It was my first visit to India and due to the recent news and discussions around the topic safety/security for female travellers, I did a very intense research before selecting the final hotel to stay. Our company´s ofifce is located at Electronic City and I knew I would have to face 1 hour car drive (one way) every day to reach the office, but it was worth to do it!
Here the relevant criteria for selecting Marriott Whitefield:
- new 5 star-property
- excellent rating in food&beverage
- direct access to Inorbit shopping center (supermarket, ATM, Thomas Cook exchange office, food court, pizza hut), means also after my driver has dropped me at the hotel, I could safely go for shopping
- swimming pool (April is a very hot summer month :-))
- good company rating/package incl. airport transfers
- continuous tracking of guests feedback by responsible General Manager Matthew Cooper

Now to my personal rating after 4 weeks brilliant stay at this hotel...I am totally impressed by the high level of professionalism the staff has already reached only few weeks after the opening. They are extremely attentive and you can feel that they are driven by the motivation to reach highest customer satisfaction. The whole property offers all amenities and high hygienical standards a guest could wish.

I have experienced many highlights during my stay, here just some of them:
- My room at the 9th floor with this hugh glas window and the red beautiful sunrise everyday in the morning - at night the view to the illuminated pool side and to the flames/waterfall below was even better
- M Cafe (hugh variety of Indian, Asian and Continental/European food during breakfast and dinner buffet - my favourite: the different fresh juices in small bottles) - very friendly, dedicated and professional service staff & chefs!
- Try "Gungbao with fried egg rice" with the in-dining room service
- Atmosphere of outside area with artificial waterfall & flames
- Orange mojito (mocktail)
- Maccarons & banana bread & cappucino from Whitefield Bakery (if you are invited to a locals house, I can recommend to bring a selection of the bakery´s cake or M bakery present basket)
- Italian chef Alfonso ricota & spinach raviolo at Alto Vino restaurant
- Have a swim before or after work - the pool water quality is checked everyday - no worries!
- Body oil massage, steam sauna and whirlpool at a separate (ladies) area
- Sundays brunch buffett (take your time, otherwise you will not be able to try everything :-) it´s anyway a mission impossible...)
- Complimentary bottled water for drinking & toilet use (recommended for teeth brushing); all equipment & ingredients for tea/coffee available
- High level of security/newest standards with well trained people: Security check before entering the hotel grounds (bomb squad), again before entering the lobby (metal scanners) and at the elevator - access card + security cameras in all relevant hotel areas
- and in case you need any assistance, it doesn´t matter what, there are 2 persons I can recommend: Front Office Manager Glen Dsouza and Front Desk Manager Rohini Ahluwalia.
- there is also an "Executive Floor" which is exclusively reserved for guests who are willing to pay an extra fee or belong to Marriott Reward Program to enjoy a separate area with whole day food&beverage service (I personally have not use it)

I want to thank again all associates of the Marriott Whitefield, specially:
- Front Desk: Glen, Rohini, Nutan
- M-Cafe: Vivek, Santu, Needhu, Ritushree, Shalini, Rohan, Awadesh, Ravi (Room-Service)
- Alto Vino: Dirakar, Ganesh, Manisha, Rohan, Alfonso
- Whitefield Bakery: Vineeth and Mousumi
- Room-Service: Izrahel

And finally Matthew & his management team (specially Vivin F&B Manager) - you all made my stay brilliantly & truly memorable experience!

Room Tip: Pool side and higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for very detailed review of our new hotel. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates and hosts that we are on the right track.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on matthew.cooper@marriott.com.

Kindest regards.

Mumbai
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The property is definitely new and swanky. This shows in the clean rooms and shining lobbies and lifts. But the just-opened status reflects in the service standards. I am a little more unforgiving in my feedback because this a reputed chain of hotels and being a newly opened one is not a fair excuse for lapse in services.

Check-in was smooth. Even though the room was in my husband's name but I was the first one to arrive, they let me check in and go to my room.

My husband was there on a business meeting and his entire team was staying there. The dinner was delayed endlessly during the team dinner on the first night. One of our lady team member actually left without main course because her veg starter went wrong and she had to wait while they got her a fresh one. (She was a vegetarian and couldn't eat non-veg meanwhile). We all were so tired of waiting and it was late at night, that we couldn't wait for the dinner to be over! First impressions last longer!

The staff do their best but often kept forgetting to complete their work during breakfast. They remembered our choice of beverages but would forget to give milk at our table of the sugar would be missing. They would even conveniently forget requests for getting us something from the buffet. For me, this is unacceptable anywhere, leave alone at Marriott!

The room cleaning staff is courteous but can be better trained. Understanding English is also an effort for them. Their routine was change linen of the bed, dusting around and clean the loo. I don't think they ever used a vacuum cleaner to clean the carpet. And a clean carpet is important to me. Because I know through the day there's food crumbs, human hair etc that dirty the place. I'd be happy to see it vacuumed even once during my entire stay, which was a long one! There was a dead baby cockroach lying on the window pane of my room for more than 5 days and the cleaning staff never noticed it!

The Spa service was exceptional. But when I enquired about services available at the reception, the lady had no clue. I told her to get the spa call me back at my room, which never happened. So I went down to the spa to check it out personally. They dint have anyone for manicure etc. The Spa has great potential. Hope the service standards don't mar it.

The hotel is great with a great location- connected internally to the mall. Finesse in service standards should hopefully come with time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review and I will certainly take your feedback on board. I look forward to hearing about your next stay in the hotel to see if we have been able to change your perception about some of the less stellar aspects of your stay. Once again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This is a very new hotel (opened February 2013). Excellent service provided by the multitudes of staff. The restaurant always presented a I've and varied spread for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The pool area is very nice as well as the fitness center which has everything you could expect in a full-service gym. The room was large and open with a comfortable bed and a large bath with separate shower and tub. I really can't say enough about the helpful and accommodating staff.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

What a great way to start the day to see such an outstanding review. I am so glad we were able to host you brilliantly!!

Bangalore
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We tried the M Cafe dinner buffet last week. It has a very soothing decor with options to be inside and al fresco seating. The staff very courteous and well trained. They explained the buffet layout and also offered us an option do healthy starters with our drinks. The buffet has a nice spread with a mix of Indian, continental and Asian sections. Some live counters too. Dessert section too had a wide choice of both Indian and western options.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JItTravelDiaries
Dear Reviwer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. I have taken your constructive advice on board and will certainly work with the team to to get 5 stars next time. See you soon in M Cafe and by the way our Italian restaurant Alto Vino opens next week. You must come and experience this amazing restaurant.

Kind regards
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I haven't stayed at the hotel but have used the restaurant a couple of times & I can recommend it.
The buffet is better value than ordering from the menu & the food from the buffet is of no lesser quality.
The Indian food included in the buffet is better than the "continental" offer. Although this does not apply to the desserts which are all great.
The meeting rooms in the business centre are also excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ExpatBangalore
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the great response. It certainly makes the team feel great about the hard work they do in the hotel. I do remember meeting you but I have to say my job is so much easier as I am supported by 300 of Bangalore's best associates. I hope we get to meet again on your next stay.