“Classy, elegant and up to speed...in India...good internet is priceless!”

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #11 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Had a wonderful stay a few months back, my favorite hotel in Bangalore, India. The hotel is brand new and elegantly styled. It features a great Italian restaurant, Alto Vino..amazing bar and patio area, and it's own fresh bakery. I live in Whitefield and currently this is THE PLACE to go in town for good food, fun happy hour and to get fresh breads, yummy coffee, etc at the bakery where everything is always baked fresh. My husband's favorite feature of the rooms is their very techno savy safes.as well as the fast speed internet which really delivers for business purposes. The rooms are comfy with good utilization of space. Best of all management and staff see to every detail quickly and with pleasant attitudes. Marriott Whitefield is a haven, a little piece of heaven in this very chaotic city. Love it!

Room Tip: Check out the patio bar area. Wonderful scenery as well as excellent cocktails. Smoothies at the bak...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CynSpecht
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed here couple of months back and it was more than pleasant. The breakfast here was one of the best I have seen all around the world; very extensive that I bet you cant taste all the items. The hotel is pretty new and very clean. The hotel is located right next to the Inorbit mall in whitefield.

I stayed in the executive floor and the room was pretty good with a pool view.

If your visit to Bengaluru is focussed near whitefield then look no further than Mariott. I am very pleased and would stay again if I visit Bangalore.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this new Marriott. Great to see how my favorite chain sees the latest in room design and facilities. What they have come up with is excellent. I enjoyed a very spacious room with contemporary bathroom, amazing bed and pleasant glass desk. As for facilities, the breakfast buffet is relaxed with a wonderful selection, the Alto Vino Italian Restaurant has a pleasant vibe and excellent food and the lobby coffe shop (Whiefield Bakery) top notch coffee and very fresh pastries. All staff are happy and greet you with a smile. Overall a very pleasant experience

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for very detailed review of our new hotel. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates and hosts that we are on the right track.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on matthew.cooper@marriott.com.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

From airport pick up to drop off a week later I cannot fault this hotel for the level of service and commitment of the staff to delvier. It was not 100% smooth, on one occasion a car picknig me up went to the wrong place, but the effort put in by the staff to rectify it and mae me happy afterward was top-notch.

The hotel is new and feels it, with a comfortable bar area, good range of drinks and two restaurants - only one of which I ate in. The club luonge is relaxed (although they did paly Christmas music one day in there which was a tad bizarre!) with good range of food and adequate drinks, served with a smile.

My room was on the 12th floor, with good view of the city and toward the nearby lake, large comfortable bed, similar lfat screen TV and DVD player, cable films and TV plus a good side work desk and very good working internet. Remote access to work was excellent from the room. Good size bathroom and great shower.

Breakfast was a treat - good range of local and western foods.

There's a Mall available next door for shopping although this is also new it has decent cofee shops, supermakret, and a lot of clothes outlets.

Overall a very good experience and my hotel of choice for future stays in Bangalore.

1  Thank Stephen_Lloyd
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Recently I stayed in Marriott – Bangalore for nearly 3 and half weeks for my official work. I am very pleased to write this review because most of the staffs went extra miles to make my stay very pleasant.

On the day I landed one of my baggage was missing and did not made it on-time. The staffs who helped me to check-in, took care of all the process and collected my missing baggage from Airport. During my stay I found all the staffs in the restaurant including housekeeping and front desk very pleasant and attentive.

I have stayed in Marriot all over the world, but I felt Marriott – Bangalore is very special. I found the true meaning for hospitality, though it is their job and it is a business, almost all my encounters are very special.

Breakfast buffet is awesome and service is excellent. I found all the staffs trying their best to meet guest needs. I really enjoyed Executive lounge. Even they have invited me for their Associate recognizing celebration, it was a big honor to me.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

Regards
Dr. Singara Vadivel
USA

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of our property. It certainly warms our heart to see that our guests appreciate the hard work that has gone into preparing this hotel for opening. It inspires to be so much better. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Have been here several times before and the service and food were below average. Complaint to the GM fixed the service issue during the last visit. However the food quality is still below average. I think the focus here is on have quanity/variety rather than quality. The buffet spread is gigantic but when it comes to taste, any decent Indian Restaurant such as Copper Chimney would do a lot better. I suggest that they get some taste tests done so that the Chefs can get some feedback or else they will continue to make what they are making.

2  Thank ajay60
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately we did not live up to your or my expectations on this occasion but I promise we will do better next time. I have sent you an offline email asking for specific feedback and would love to touch base with you to see how we can go from average to excellent in your opinion. I am sure you have seen the glowing reviews of many others so you will see that this was surely an anomaly and we can repair our reputation in your eyes with another chance. Please email me on matthew.cooper@marriott.com as I would very much like to speak to you.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We held a 2 day meet here recently for 200 guests, so we had a lot of rooms booked for a night stay as well as used the conference hall.
In one word the experience was just fabulous.
The property itself is very beautiful and located in the best area of bangalore, that is if you dont need to visit the main city often. It is very well made and has great ambience inside and outside.
The food taste is far above the average food of star hotels, and it is something we would remember for a while.
The service is top notch and none of our 200 guests had a moment to complain on this front, the staff is so well trained and aware of their work.
A lot of us enjoyed the outdoor pool facility as well.
The rooms are nice and have all modern amenities, a decent view too.
Conference facilities are great as well, and it's a place i would be visiting again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It was simply our pleasure to host you. Your event was a success because the amazing efforts you and your planning team put into place. Thank you for the very kind review. I cannot wait to welcome you all again soon.