“Relaxing haven in busy, busy city.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #9 of 648 Hotels in Bengaluru
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Relaxing haven in busy, busy city.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having transferred from Mumbai to Bangalore, there was an efficient car waiting for me to take me to this hotel.
First impressions were of a good, clean hotel, not on the same scale as others, but this one is vertical rather than horizontal.
I was on the 17th floor, two floors above the exec lounge. Special praise to Kim who looked after us after long days working and then more working in the Lounge. He is an asset - look after him!

The pool was cold but welcoming - the only problem being that it is shaded from the sun in the afternoon by the hotel. I didn't really have any service requirement at the pool as work got in the way. Two hours in the morning was a good chill out on the day beds.

The main bar was a little sterile as you would expect in a business hotel with the World Cup on, but the staff were attentive and responsive.

The breakfast was fantastic, mango smoothies were fab, and the staff again pre-empted your requirements...!

Checkout was good and accurate, with the front desk polite and efficient. A slight issue was that I ordered a bottle of red from the exec lounge and there was some confusion when I returned it as I didn't have the time to sample it, even after repeated conversations I was questioned about it at 4am!

All in all it was a good, relaxing base, with all your requirements to hand, aswell as the InOrbit shopping mall that was accessible through the conference suite. (Converse shop has Hi and Lo for approx £15GBP).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Pat M,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Marriott Bengaluru Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this great feedback of your experience at the hotel.

It gives me immense satisfaction to hear that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one and we hope to continue serving in every possible occasion.

Look forward too seeing you soon.

Warm Regards,
Nick Dumbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fostoria, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the best Hotel in the area. I have stayed at the Grand Mecure, and while nice it is far from the quality that you receive at the Marriot.
I was fortunate enough to stay the first month they were open, which they only had part of the hotel open so the staff could be trained.
I'm finishing up my 4th stay there now (leave tomorrow) and I receive nothing but the best service. The staff remember me, brought a cake to me on my Birthday (previous visit) and the food is great. I consider it my bubble from the hectic life outside the compound.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear NJ Cost,

Thank you for your loyalty I am delighted to hear that you had another great stay with us and have recognized us as the best hotel in the area.

I hope you have a great trip home and hope to welcome you back very soon

Houston, Texas

To: Mr. Nicholas Dumbell, General Manager, Marriott Bangalore, Whitefield
From Mike M. Houston, TX

Dear Nick,

I wanted to thank you for the outstanding experience I had over my last 3 week visit. I've had the opportunity to stay with you approximately 40 days over the last year so I can honestly say with some authority that I always think to myself "It just can't get any better than this" but each time it does do that. Each new visit seems like coming home. Your staff is incredible. The sales staff, lead by Nandini, is so helpful. Your front desk is well staffed with people who will go out of their way to assist you in any way possible. Your restaurants are well staffed and the food is delightful. Your Alto Vino Italian Restaurant's food is delicious. Alfonso is an incredible chef that will cook for you to your satisfaction. The staff of Sous Chefs, Aakash and Rohen to name a couple, will always go out of their way to ensure your food is to your liking and have excellent suggestions when trying new dishes or treats. Ritushree, at the Alto Vino, has always been such a pleasant friend after a hard day of work. She is such an excellent waitress. Always attending to your needs. Varun, the Restaurant Manager and his assistant Manager, Shalini, seem to orchestrate it all seamlessly. There are so many staff members I appreciate at your hotel. Some of the things I've grown to love after a long day at the office is visiting the coffee shop/bakery and sitting at the counter and have a nice relaxing cup of coffee and sharing laughs with your staff there. Sushmita and Yuvi are so incredibly joyous in their work. Sushmita never fails to make you feel welcomed and is quick with a wonderful smile. There is always a laugh or two, or even three that always allows me to feel relaxed. Yuvi makes a great cup of coffee for sure. I have also enjoy many an evening heading to the Executive Lounge to relax and wind down from the day. Mr. Kim and the staff up there always make me feel very welcomed. I've also made many a friend at the lounge. Other business travelers working in the area and staying with you have been an added bonus to my stays. There have been many a hilarious night to be had by all up there. I could easily go on and on and on about your staff and hotel. All I can say is congratulations on a very fine hotel and a wonderful compliment of staff.

The only negative thing I feel I need to say about this last visit is a couple of times when visiting the Executive Lounge there were kids up there. The executive lounge should be an age appropriate setting. That's a place where business people should be able to go and get away from the grind of the day and relax. It should be restricted to adults (17 and above).There were a couple nights where it seemed like a children's day care center. There were kids running around tables and yelling and others playing board games almost yelling across the table to each other and their parents didn't even attempt to quiet them. Once a parent even left their child there for your staff to attend. I found it troubling both times and had to leave to seek a quieter environment to complete some work from the day. I say no kids in the exec lounge.

Other than those two days my stays have always be wonderful.

Again Nick, thank you. You have a wonderful hotel.

Regards,
Mike

Oh, I almost forgot, the golf course you had us playing on was breath taking. Thank you for that wonderful treat. I would highly suggest that course to any of your visitors. The rentals were good and the caddies very helpful. Cheers.

Room Tip: Leave the children at home.
Dear Mike,

I hope you had a goof flight home! Thank you for making our day at the hotel and sharing such lovely feedback about your stay. It is always wonderful when we can make personal connections with our guests and develop relationships that enable us to create a home-away from home. Thank you for highlighting some of our real stars who passionately try to make every guests experience brilliant.

We can’t wait to see you back again soon, hopefully with your wife next time.

All the best,

Bilaspur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had been here on 28 & 29 June to attend GreenTech Foundation HR award and Conference on Corporate governance.It's I suppose is the best place.Top grade security.Ambience World class,staffs cultured with values.Strongly recommend for Hi-Fi events.Reasonably priced.
S.Anand..Mahanadi Coalfiels-Most Cultured PSU

Dear Mr. Anand,

I am delighted to hear that you had a successful conference at our hotel last week. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed the service, facilities and security. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel at another conference or when visiting the Whitefield area.

Pune, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had 2 days of great breakfast at the M Cafe. But at dinner, the service is all over the place. Extremely slow and inefficient. In case you have ordered anything specific from the many live counters, they test your patience. I finally got my hot roti when I was helping myself to desserts. Also, the refrigerator in which they had kept some of the desserts was not working! And nobody noticed. I noticed they had continued using the non working refrigerator the next day art breakfast too. Someone really was not concerned.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank AdvaitKurlekar
Dear Mr. Kurlekar,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us last week. I am very sorry that you had a disappointing experience at dinner in the Mcafe on Thursday evening with delays to your special requests from the buffet.
As we pride ourselves on having an extremely high standard of hygiene and food preparation practices I was particularly concerned to read of your comments around the buffet display fridge. As soon as I saw your comments I personally went to check all the fridges in the Mcafe and found all to be in full working order with temperature check records not showing any discrepancies. Obviously as it is a display fridge it is possible that the door was left open by previous guests which may have slightly increased the temperature in the short-term. As I am sure you noticed as the fridges are display buffet fridges they do not hold any items for an extended period and are constantly being replenished with new desserts, juices etc throughout the service period.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future where I would be delighted to have dinner together and show you around our kitchens.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times since it opened a little more than a year ago. It is very convenient to my office, clean and comfortable and the breakfast is excellent. My most recent stay however; left a little to be desired. I am a gold MR member and ensured my number was updated in the reservation but; when I arrived, there was a lot of confusion at the front desk. I was required to provide address, scanned passport, etc. which should have been in the system already. I realise this is a petty complaint but; the young inexperienced man at reception was more worried about upselling than getting the details correct. After he tried to sell me an executive room package, I had to explain that I already had lounge access with my MR status. He then proceeded to "upgrade" me to a room on the executive level. The room appeared the same as any other room but; I assume it is an upgrade because it was on the exec level. For the readers reference, this was room 1516. Do not, I repeat, do not ever let them try and "upgrade" you to this room. This room is directly next to the kitchen that serves the executive lounge. It is so ridiculously noisy that it is almost impossible to sleep. Staff are yelling back and forth, both inside and outside the kitchen. Trolley's with glasses rattle past, plates are banged and dropped, people coming and going are noisy and this goes on well into the night. I used to think the rooms on the pool level next to the pool were noisy but; this room is in a league by itself. I am surprised this room is not simply left as the last worst room available. In fact, maybe it was or, possibly the desk clerk held a grudge that I was not aware of.

Although I will continue to recommend this hotel and will stay here in the future, I am disappointed with this recent stay. It just felt like the staff are being trained to upsell and are missing that Marriott "service" at times.

The food at this hotel is excellent and if you use the exec lounge, there is a gentleman who works there who cannot do enough for you. He is attentive, pleasant and goes out of his way to help.

The mall connected to the hotel is very convenient. If you get tired of dining in the hotel, the Copper Chimney in the mall is convenient and very good. There is also a supermarket if you need spices, etc.

Room Tip: Do not use room 1516 and steer clear of rooms on the pool level next to the pool. The hotel tends t...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CaptainTuttle
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Captain Tuttle,

I am very sorry that your stay with us last week was not up to scratch! I appreciate you taking the time to share with us the challenges you experienced with noise in your room. Having now spent sometime in the room I agree that it can be noisy and can assure you that we are making some changes to rectify it. Unfortunately, your Marriott Rewards number was not included with your reservation which is why at check-in you were asked if you would like to up-grade to the Executive floor, I was happy to learn that once you made the team aware we automatically up-graded you.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and Executive lounge experience.

I do hope I can personally welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was my first stay at the Marriott in Whitefield, I usually stay at the Taj.
It was a good stay, but I didn't think it was worth paying the extra money vs the Taj. Lovely room with very comfortable beds and excellent food. I slept very well.
I ate in the restaurant where breakfast is served at breakfast, lunch and dinner over the course of my 4 night stay. The service in the restaurant at all three sittings was over attentive, I could barely speak to my colleagues without some interuption or other, whether it was samples of food we hadn't ordered or constant queries about whether we were okay, it was just too much and was irritating.
I went to the gym which was small but perfectly formed and worked well, I didn't use the pool as when I was going to go there were four male staff standing around considering some piece of work that needed doing which made me feel uncomfortable, so I put my gym kit on instead.
I thought for a relatively new hotel some of the fittings weren't to as high a standard for a Marriott as I'd expected, the shower head leaked quite a lot for example.
The wifi service was good and I liked that I could connect multiple devices with the one sign in.
Lifts were slow and when I asked where the stairs were as I was only going down one floor to the gym the cleaning staff advised me not to take the stairs as they were blocked with cleaning equipment and they wouldn't tell me where they were.
Staff were very polite and friendly.

Dear Megamog,

I am happy to read that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our beds, Wifi and food offering. I am sorry that it wasn’t as good as it could have been and appreciate you sharing your feedback so that we can focus on improving and getting it 100% right for our future guests.
Please do let me know when you will next be travelling to Bengaluru as I would love to personally welcome you.