“Amazing hotel and bar ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #10 of 642 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Amazing hotel and bar ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The service is amazing, all staff are friendly and are attentive to customer needs. The hotel drivers took me around touring the city and to good shopping places. Chefs were able to make me special orders of Malabar paratha with south Indian curry that I like so much. The M bar has a killer cocktail with green chilli, lemon grass, kaffir lime, pineapple juice and infused gin.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Yeu,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time you have put in to share this great feedback with us and our fellow travelers.
We are immensely happy to learn that your stay at the hotel was a pleasurable one and that you enjoyed your experience at MBar.
I look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Nick Dumbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hochkirch, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Marriott is just around 1,5 years in business in the Whitefield area, so the property is still pretty new. The hotel is connected to the Inorbit mall, but I will come back to that later.

The lobby is very nice and luxurios, the pick-up service from the airport is working well. Just my first ride was bad as the driver was driving very unsafely and after 3 years in which I spent 2 weeks an month in India I am quite used to indian traffic. However, it seems the Marriott took action so I neverever made a bad experience again.

The check-in usually works very well and with the new service to check-in online it is even easier. The hotel staff is very attentive, they remembered me and called me back by name already after my third check-in. They also recognized my Marriott Silver status so most of the time I got a room iupgrade or a car upgrade for free, they are really paying attention to returning customers.

The rooms are well equipped and what I really like is that they are not that noisy compared to other hotels in the whitefield area. The rooms have nice flat screen TV´s, the typical comfortable Marriott bed, marble bathrooms with a shower and a bathtub and in the rooms there is a desk with an office chair if you want to work. Wifi is working properly and at least in my rate it is always included. The rooms and the public areas are very clean and the rooms are not smelly as in other properties. This was the reason for me to move away from the Taj Whitefield as their rooms are smelling fungy and like moisture. One reason there may be that the shower is integrated in the room and the rooms are not that well maintained as at the Marriott and the rates of the Marriott are usually even a little bit lower. The Marriott also provides a couple of water bottles per day and you find a coffee and tea maker in ther room.

The room-.service works efficiently and is not too expensive, this is the time to come back to the mall next door. The mall is reachable via the first floor and there you can find a couple of restaurants like copper chimney, a nice indian chain restaurant, Pizza, Asian Food and even KFC and McDonalds. As you have this choice, the room service and the restaurants at the Marriott are competitively priced and offer a good value. Food outside is cheaper, but the quality at the Marriott is good.

This also applies for the breakfast. There they offer the typical choices of eggs, mushrooms and such hot stuff, Indian, Asian and European food. Especially for bread lovers and the typical European taste you find everything you need, including Nutella and fresh juices. For me a good start into the day starts with a good breakfast and the Marriott offers just that.

The Marriott also offers a fitness room which is nicely equipped as well as a pool. However quite early in the afternoon the pool is in the shadow so I always found it a little bit chilly and I would rather have loved if it were positioned in a way that someone can enjoy the afternoon / evening sun as well.

The upgrade to a Club Level Room may be worth the money as a one-way airport transfer is included, Wifi, 2 piece of laundry per day and in the evening someone can enjpy food and drinks in the lounge and those rooms are on the top level floors with a great view and even less noise. If you stay not too long the benefits you even get more than what you would just have to pay for the transfer and the wifi, so my company saves money when I am using one of their check-in upgrade offers ;)

If you have business in the Whitefield area and you do not want to travel too long than the Marriott is a great choice. If you want to stay closer to the city (e.g. for the weekend) than it is too far away, but at the same time it saves you a lot of time which you otherwise spent commuting. Also Electronic City is too far away. For business in the Salapuria or Sarjapur zone it would be still convenient, although in that part you find a nice Novotel, closer to the city the Leela, the JW Marriott and the Taj West End are my favorites.

For shopping the Inorbit mall next door is ok, but the Phoenix mall which is also closeby offers much more choices. If you are a foreigner and you want to buy some typical indian souvenirs like elephants but you have no clue about the real price. Drive to the Cauvery store on MG Road. It is a governmental store with fix prices and full of Indians buying there. So you do not have the hassle to negotiate and you may not end up paying way too much money. Enjoy Bangalore.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room, although the noise level in average is quite low in this hotel. If you stay fo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank peter_biber
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. i sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this great and extensive review.
My team and I feel immense satisfaction when we see such great reviews from our guests and look forward to making their next stay even more memorable.
Reading through your review I learn that you've had a fabulous stay at the hotel and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bengaluru.
Thank you once again for this great review that's made our day even more wonderful.
See you soon.

new delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a business meeting in Bengaluru and tried this hotel for our stay and conducting business meetings. This was a real nice place for a stay as well as conducting business. The decor, the ambiance was excellent. The services were prompt and up to the mark. The food served in the restaurant is also good. The hotel has a swimming pool on 1st floor, fitness center on 2nd floor and an executive lounge on 15th floor. Rooms sizes are good and one gets a feeling of vastness. The hotel overall is very clean and neatly maintained. One good this is - the hotel shares its boundary with Orbit mall and so one has a wide variety of shopping to chose from besides the restaurants in the food court. The hotel is located in the whiteffield area where there are lots of offices of MNCs.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered rooms on higher floors as they face the swimming pool. For eg Room no 317
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank akshayanshu
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Akshay,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time an effort you have put in to share this great review with us and our fellow travelers.
My team and I feel extremely delighted to learn that your experience at the hotel was a pleasant one.
I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bengaluru.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at Marriott Whitefield sometime in June this year. We had a weekend stay voucher and wanted to use it. We checked in on Sat and checked out on Sunday. We have stayed in Marriott properties earlier in Jaipur and have visited many other Marriott properties for dining and have always been very happy about Marriott as a brand. Marriott whitefield definitely lived up to it's expectations. We were presently surprised when they upgraded us to a suite room and offered us complimentary unlimited high speed wifi. The room was more of a bungalow. It had a huge living space and study. The bedroom was equally big with wall to wall windows. The highlight was the huge bathroom with luxurious marble flooring and cladding, huge bath tub and fabulous toiletries from aromatherapy. The breakfast next day must be one of the longest we've had in recent times. You name it they had it. All in all it was a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this great feedback with us and our fellow travelers.
I am immensely satisfied to learn that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and loved your room and the overall experience.
I look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to the hotel.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stay was nice and satisfactory and I suggest this hotel was a best hotel in Bangalore as per my experience.
Staff is very cooperative and nice.
My wishes to hotel staff and lot of compliments for them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Sumit Gupta,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time you have put in to share your feedback with us.

I feel immensely proud to learn that you regard our hotel as one of the finest hotel's in Bengaluru and happy to learn that your experience at the hotel was a pleasant one.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Whitefield Marriott is excellent for American travelers. The rooms are very nice and the staff spoils you. On my recent stay three notable people spoiled me and were super friendly. Kim the concierge, Doshiro in the restaurant, and Santo in the restaurant all helped make my long two week stay much better than I had expected.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear JohnFunk,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Marriott Bengaluru Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time you have put in to share this great feedback with us.

It gives me immense satisfaction to learn that your extended stay at the hotel was a pleasant one and I do look forward to serving you again.

Your kind regards for Kim, Doshiro and Santo shall be conveyed to them.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

a very upscale business hotel in whitefield area. excellent service. quick checkin. lovely spread of breakfast. plenty option for eating and drinks. will recommend this place. stayed in 16th floor,the view was truly magnificent. Side Tower of hotel is seems under construction.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rajiv,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time you have put in to share this great feedback with us.

I am immensely satisfied to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one and I do hope we see you again soon.