“Even when you know you're 30!”
Review of The Tower Kitchen

The Tower Kitchen
Ranked #4,449 of 10,901 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Even when you know you're 30!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent place for anyone! Great food, great atmosphere, excellent people! Mr. Shivant is an excellent host as always. And its the right kind of place when you want to hangout with close friends or family enjoying bangalore's best: music and weather!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ForwardMinataur

Bangalore
“good evening on a rainy day...”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I visited this place on 10/5/13 with some of my friends. As soon as we enetered that Skye Bar, the hostess was pushing us to go to the Tower kitchen area citing that it would rain and would end up in a small bar area located at the other end. Whatever was her motive, we took her advise and had our table at the tower kitchen in the lounge area as we were told that the main hall would have some live music. As we wanted to chat with ourselves, we avoided the music area. But anyway, we could see the activities happening on the Skye area which was swelling minute by minute! Finally, it started raining and all the people have to run helter skelter and we were happy! The food and the drinks were served quite efficiently. Nice place to get a different view of Bangalore and definitely a happening place on Friday evening! We thanked our hostess and went to Khanzama to have our dinner!

• Visited May 2013
Bangalore
“Over priced for the quality!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Firstly a dingy and smelly entrance (right next to the restrooms!!). It was like entering a cave. I mean we get the dim lighting ambience thing; but honestly we dont want to end up in a heap on the floor!!
Service was prompt and good. The food left a lot to be desired and was very highly priced. I'd have rather eaten at a five star hotel restaurant which served gourmet food.
It's also not exactly a place you'd want to visit with your child on a saturday evening as one has to walk through the Skye Bar to get here. Overall, not a must do.

• Visited January 2013
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Elegant dining + great food = The Tower Kitchen”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Well worthy neighbor of the famous nightspot Skyye, Tower Kitchen is a lovely place and a birds-eye view of the city to boot.

Few foodies got together to try out the Chef Vivek's signature dishes. I opted for the grilled Halloumi as my starter - topped with apricots with the crispy filo pastry as the bed made for a very interesting combination.

My main course was with the aged beef rib-eye. A perfect cut and served with an interesting potato puree - lip smacking. Personally, I made a cardinal mistake though - I preferred well done and that made the meat a bit chewy. On hindsight, I should have tried medium rare - that would have left the beef succulent enough and the juices flowing.
My companion had the flashed seafood platter - it looked very interesting and it was more of a meal than starter. No complaints :-P

Our Tanquery and Triple Sec spiked orange cheese cake was a perfect ending to a nice evening.

The management could offer a better selection for wines by the glass.

Visited March 2013
England
“Excellent food and service with prices to match”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Very good inventive food. Lots of choice for veg and non veg, bas fish was outstanding. Even the coffee tasted the best I've had in Bangalore. Nice setting, more casual outside with TVs showing football (at the time) and more formal inside. The Skye Bar was rocking next door, it's obviously the most hip pace to hang out at the moment, great view up there.
Service was slick and attentive without being in your face.
Negatives: no sign in the UBCity lobby, so take the lift to 16 and go thru the Skye Bar. It's not a cheap meal but for that quality I will save up my rupees and go again for sure. Was a bit quiet but it's a new place so to be expected. Doubt it will stay that way for long.

• Visited March 2013