“Natural Balance”
Review of Shrimath Yoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Shrimath Yoga
“Natural Balance”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Shrimath is a nurturing, generous atmosphere. Hema is a natural teacher and a constant inspiration. She has passion and a sense of humor that creates an enjoyable and exciting environment to learn in. KP has taught me the importance of physical, intellectual and spiritual balance. His lectures are spiritually enlivening and intellectually stimulating, giving me a deeper understanding of our place within this ancient tradition as well as a roadmap to explore the essential question for the modern yogin: Where is the line between tradition and innovation?

Like many people, I came to yoga purely for physical reasons. But just as my relationship to the poses has evolved, so has my passion for the practice. At Shrimath I learned to step off the mat to explore other areas, such as meditation, chanting, philosophy and so much more. Thank-you to the entire Shrimath yoga family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kmelnyk
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thanks Krista for your kind words. Shrimath team learnt a lot on 'how to listen?' from you. We appreciate your review. Thanks again.

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shrimath Yoga school was worth every ounce of my energy. The warm reception and inclusion of daily village life and the educational components of Yoga tradition as well as posture classes were an amazingly satisfying experience. K. P. thank you for your patience, personal attention and your knowledge. Hema, you are amazing. My attendance and your teachings has opened new paths for exploration. I fully recommend your school. Namaste

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank 25193
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thanks Sue for your kind words. Your mere presence lifted the energy level and all of us looked up to your observations during discussions. Thanks.
Ubud
Reviewed 15 July 2013

What you put in is what you get...I had an interesting 6 weeks at Shrimath and would recommend this place to anyone who wants to learn about themselves and their yogic path. I was able to deepen my practice to a new level and thanks to the great food and personal attention, it made my stay spiritually meaningful. The program was nice and we were able to take 3 trips around all together so it was a nice break from the routine. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the final fire puja towards the end of my stay and it was hard to say goodbye to all. I wish the team all the best and that many more yogis/yoginis come and live this true ashram style experience. Thanks for the time together!

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jenbromley
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thanks Jenny for your review and posting a couple of photos. You shared a lot of knowledge on applications of Yoga processes with us. Thanks.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Shrimath yoga is very good for learning the whole yoga experience- postures, meditation, mantras, etc. But what other schools do not give you is the whole experience of living with a family in a village with very basic facilities. This yoga center is in a rural part of Karnataka, not far away from Bangalore. There is a village school attached to the center where the yoga students take turns in holding classes for the children. Some of the children from the village also do the yoga courses. Krishna, the yoga master is very knowledgeable. His wife Smriti, is also very learned and pampers the students with her culinary talents. Hema, the yoga teacher is unparalleled as an instructor. Above all, they treat the students as part of their own family and give them a lot of respect and love. I feel that I can go back to Arjunabittahalli anytime, as it is like a home to me. The conversations that we had and meditations we did gave us an insight into many of the basic truths about ourselves.
I am surprised that Shrimath is being classified as a "property". It is so much more than that. It is a centre of learning and personal growth.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Runnerforpeace
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thanks Doctor for your kind review. Your experience in Medical field is the age of a few of us at Shrimath, yet your simplicity and willingness to learn inspired us. Thanks.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am so happy to have discovered Shrimath Yoga. Here you are taught all aspects of yoga in a traditional way. Krishna is very knowledgeable and is helpful in guiding through the tools and methods in the path to yoga. The surroundings are beautiful, as well as the people. A trip to downtown Bangalore during Diwali (Festival of Lights) and interacting with the nearby village also also added the experience. The hospitality and accommodations were far beyond expectations and the home cooking was incredible. I highly recommend Shrimath for anyone looking for a pure experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank snax83
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Your book review is one of the most sought after at all programs. Thanks for being systematic and prompt in everything. We learnt a lot from you.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I came to Shrimath fairly early into my eight month trip in India and Nepal. The experience of learning was trans-formative in many ways. It was also a great way to acclimatize to the cultures and people of India. Krishna has wealth of knowledge in Yoga theory from a traditional Indian perspective. He can transfer this knowledge in a way westerns can learn and benefit from. Going to Shrimath was the best decision I made in a long time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank latchogone
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Your life is an inspiration to all of us here. You taught us that hard work pays and results can be felt with sincere practice. Thanks.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a wonderful time with Shrimath Yoga. I enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere and learnt so much. When ever I get a chance in my life, the first thing I would do is to go back to Arjunabittahalli. I miss all the staff who took so much care of me and who made me feel like I was home. I had the opportunity to teach at the local village school and loved it. People there are so simple Thank you all. If anyone have a burning desire of learning Yoga then this is the best place to be.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kimkanna
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
You were the first person of Indian origin to visit, stay and study with us. Through your eyes we understood what a PIO looks at a place like us. Thanks.