“India's genuine spirituality”
Review of Shrimath Yoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Shrimath Yoga
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Shrimath is and will always be the begining of my spiritual life and my path in yoga. I had practised yoga before many times in many places, but only in Shrimath I realized the meaning of it. Is not only devoted, young, energizing Hema or wise and knowledgable Krishna, not to say tender Smriti and her delicious food, but everything else...The place, the nature, every tree and plant, the monkeys running around, the kids chanting mantras, the village nearby, the sky, the sunrise while we did our sun salutation... and the inexplicable vibe of peace and love that you get around. I am a person constantly looking for new experiences, but I would go back many times, because I know a trip to Shrimath is a trip to the heart of India, the heart of yoga and my own heart. I will always be thankful and truly wish others can enjoy the bless of being part of Shrimath once in their life, because it will stay forever in your soul.

Room Tip: Any room in Shrimath is delightful
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ukumes86
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thanks for your review. We are grateful for the encouraging words and are inspired to serve better and better. We are glad that you chose us and are looking forward to hosting you again for further learning experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Shrimath was the first place where I learnt yoga in its traditional way. I enjoyed every bit of my training program, be it the journey I had to take, which gave me time for some retrospection - to the spiritual aspects taught by KP. It taught me ways to deal with daily chores and to balance stress in my life, to observe and absorb different things around.
Hema and KP together are wonderful teachers who show their utmost patience while teaching each asanas and postures and guide you to learn them correctly, giving every individual a personal attention. I am happy that I spent one year of my life closely associated with Shrimath and learnt a lot with respect to yoga,meditation,spirituality,health, life ( not to forget some gyan about life and relations during the drive from railway station to the center :) )
Smriti is one wonderful host who cooks delicious food and we had to restrict our moha for more food, in order to be able to learn Yoga :)
Thank you all for the wonderful training, hospitality and life lessons provided during the stay, parikrama.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Soumyashreerai
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thanks for your kind review. You were the first and only participant, finally ended up being one of the best learners. Your notes on various aspects of the sessions are useful. Thanks and wishes.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Shrimath is a nurturing, generous atmosphere. Hema is a natural teacher and a constant inspiration. She has passion and a sense of humor that creates an enjoyable and exciting environment to learn in. KP has taught me the importance of physical, intellectual and spiritual balance. His lectures are spiritually enlivening and intellectually stimulating, giving me a deeper understanding of our place within this ancient tradition as well as a roadmap to explore the essential question for the modern yogin: Where is the line between tradition and innovation?

Like many people, I came to yoga purely for physical reasons. But just as my relationship to the poses has evolved, so has my passion for the practice. At Shrimath I learned to step off the mat to explore other areas, such as meditation, chanting, philosophy and so much more. Thank-you to the entire Shrimath yoga family!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kmelnyk
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thanks Krista for your kind words. Shrimath team learnt a lot on 'how to listen?' from you. We appreciate your review. Thanks again.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shrimath Yoga school was worth every ounce of my energy. The warm reception and inclusion of daily village life and the educational components of Yoga tradition as well as posture classes were an amazingly satisfying experience. K. P. thank you for your patience, personal attention and your knowledge. Hema, you are amazing. My attendance and your teachings has opened new paths for exploration. I fully recommend your school. Namaste

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 25,193

Thanks Sue for your kind words. Your mere presence lifted the energy level and all of us looked up to your observations during discussions. Thanks.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

What you put in is what you get...I had an interesting 6 weeks at Shrimath and would recommend this place to anyone who wants to learn about themselves and their yogic path. I was able to deepen my practice to a new level and thanks to the great food and personal attention, it made my stay spiritually meaningful. The program was nice and we were able to take 3 trips around all together so it was a nice break from the routine. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the final fire puja towards the end of my stay and it was hard to say goodbye to all. I wish the team all the best and that many more yogis/yoginis come and live this true ashram style experience. Thanks for the time together!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jenbromley

Thanks Jenny for your review and posting a couple of photos. You shared a lot of knowledge on applications of Yoga processes with us. Thanks.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Shrimath yoga is very good for learning the whole yoga experience- postures, meditation, mantras, etc. But what other schools do not give you is the whole experience of living with a family in a village with very basic facilities. This yoga center is in a rural part of Karnataka, not far away from Bangalore. There is a village school attached to the center where the yoga students take turns in holding classes for the children. Some of the children from the village also do the yoga courses. Krishna, the yoga master is very knowledgeable. His wife Smriti, is also very learned and pampers the students with her culinary talents. Hema, the yoga teacher is unparalleled as an instructor. Above all, they treat the students as part of their own family and give them a lot of respect and love. I feel that I can go back to Arjunabittahalli anytime, as it is like a home to me. The conversations that we had and meditations we did gave us an insight into many of the basic truths about ourselves.
I am surprised that Shrimath is being classified as a "property". It is so much more than that. It is a centre of learning and personal growth.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Runnerforpeace

Thanks Doctor for your kind review. Your experience in Medical field is the age of a few of us at Shrimath, yet your simplicity and willingness to learn inspired us. Thanks.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am so happy to have discovered Shrimath Yoga. Here you are taught all aspects of yoga in a traditional way. Krishna is very knowledgeable and is helpful in guiding through the tools and methods in the path to yoga. The surroundings are beautiful, as well as the people. A trip to downtown Bangalore during Diwali (Festival of Lights) and interacting with the nearby village also also added the experience. The hospitality and accommodations were far beyond expectations and the home cooking was incredible. I highly recommend Shrimath for anyone looking for a pure experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank snax83

Your book review is one of the most sought after at all programs. Thanks for being systematic and prompt in everything. We learnt a lot from you.