“Shakti Yoga- a program specifically for women”
Review of Shrimath Yoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Shrimath Yoga
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Before my time at Shrimath I was already practicing Iyengar Yoga since two years and read quite a lot of spiritual books. Still I was kind of confused about so many terms like Karma, Pranayama, rebirth and so on. At the same time I wanted to learn ayurvedic cooking. Knowing I will be free in Bangalore for two weeks I was searching for an authentic experience to learn more, gain clearity about the roots of Yoga and its philosophy and learn ayurvedic cooking. So I found Shrimath. Since I have always been interested in the mystery of female nature I felt very lucky to be able to attend the shakti yoga course, which is a program specifically for women.
This course answered many questions I have always had about spirituality, regarding myself and brung a lot of light and clearity into my spiritual path.
The philosophy classes were highly individualized and unique, where I had a lot of opportunities to question many things. Krishna is a great teacher, whose teachings satisfied my intellectual and spiritual needs.
Smriti with her food and cooking classes and also Hema with her Hatha Yoga classes cared perfectly for my physical well being.
I enjoyed the experience so much to live in a real Indian village, with real Indian people, spending time with schoolkids and learn about the Indian tradition and way of living.
A great thanks to all of you, Krishna, Smriti, Hema, Shoba and Smritis wonderful mother. I wish you all the best for “Shrimath Yoga” and hope I can return to “the Yoga village” one day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JuliaJOy13
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thanks for your kind review. We look forward to learn each day and improve the visitors experience. Wishes, 'Shrimath Yoga' team

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Shrimath is much more than a place to learn yoga. First, there's the place itself - a peaceful location on the edge of a village in green countryside, one hour's drive from Bangalore. Then you meet your hosts, Krishna, Smrithi and Hema - warm, welcoming and efficient, and clearly committed to what they're doing. As well as preparing a flexible schedule based on the information I provided on booking, Krishna and Hema sat down with me on my arrival to ask why I had come and what in particular I was hoping to learn.
My five day stay included so many different elements: yoga practice and instruction but also gardening (planting brinjal and coriander) and learning to live less wastefully (I've never generated so little rubbish in my life). And an absolute highlight was visiting the village school and giving an impromptu English lesson to the well-taught, welcoming and incredibly enthusiastic children. I also loved the food - Smrithi's healthy but really delicious veg meals (I hope she'll put a few more on the website though I know they won't taste the same).
From the moment I arrived I felt completely safe and looked after. I'm sure Shrimath is a great place for serious and advanced students of yoga to progress but for a complete novice like me it was an insight into a calmer way of life. I hope at least some of the lessons will stay with me - a couple of memories I know that will are being told to 'just be' during classes, and breaks for sweet ginger tea and Britannia biscuits. Moira, UK.

Room Tip: Not relevant - the rooms are simple but perfectly adequate. Don't forget to read the information...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank moira d
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thanks Moira for your kind review. Wishes and REgards, Shrimath Yoga team

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My experience at Shrimath Yoga was enriching and wholesome. I loved everything about the course - the content, the location, the accommodation, the food and most importantly the people. Krishna, Hema, Smriti and Shoba were an absolute delight - professional, knowledgeable, warm and welcoming. My time at Shrimath was exactly what I was looking for - an experience that challenged me physically and mentally. The best thing about the course is they do not have a 'one size fits all' approach. While ensuring the basic were taught, they catered to my individual need and my level of understanding. This helped me make the most of time there and enhanced my grasp of the subject of yoga. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NT179
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Your presence enriched all of us. You showed lot of openness, courage and intelligence in your approach to learning. Looking forward to your return visit. Thanks.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Shrimath is and will always be the begining of my spiritual life and my path in yoga. I had practised yoga before many times in many places, but only in Shrimath I realized the meaning of it. Is not only devoted, young, energizing Hema or wise and knowledgable Krishna, not to say tender Smriti and her delicious food, but everything else...The place, the nature, every tree and plant, the monkeys running around, the kids chanting mantras, the village nearby, the sky, the sunrise while we did our sun salutation... and the inexplicable vibe of peace and love that you get around. I am a person constantly looking for new experiences, but I would go back many times, because I know a trip to Shrimath is a trip to the heart of India, the heart of yoga and my own heart. I will always be thankful and truly wish others can enjoy the bless of being part of Shrimath once in their life, because it will stay forever in your soul.

Room Tip: Any room in Shrimath is delightful
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ukumes86
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thanks for your review. We are grateful for the encouraging words and are inspired to serve better and better. We are glad that you chose us and are looking forward to hosting you again for further learning experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Shrimath was the first place where I learnt yoga in its traditional way. I enjoyed every bit of my training program, be it the journey I had to take, which gave me time for some retrospection - to the spiritual aspects taught by KP. It taught me ways to deal with daily chores and to balance stress in my life, to observe and absorb different things around.
Hema and KP together are wonderful teachers who show their utmost patience while teaching each asanas and postures and guide you to learn them correctly, giving every individual a personal attention. I am happy that I spent one year of my life closely associated with Shrimath and learnt a lot with respect to yoga,meditation,spirituality,health, life ( not to forget some gyan about life and relations during the drive from railway station to the center :) )
Smriti is one wonderful host who cooks delicious food and we had to restrict our moha for more food, in order to be able to learn Yoga :)
Thank you all for the wonderful training, hospitality and life lessons provided during the stay, parikrama.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Soumyashreerai
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thanks for your kind review. You were the first and only participant, finally ended up being one of the best learners. Your notes on various aspects of the sessions are useful. Thanks and wishes.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Shrimath is a nurturing, generous atmosphere. Hema is a natural teacher and a constant inspiration. She has passion and a sense of humor that creates an enjoyable and exciting environment to learn in. KP has taught me the importance of physical, intellectual and spiritual balance. His lectures are spiritually enlivening and intellectually stimulating, giving me a deeper understanding of our place within this ancient tradition as well as a roadmap to explore the essential question for the modern yogin: Where is the line between tradition and innovation?

Like many people, I came to yoga purely for physical reasons. But just as my relationship to the poses has evolved, so has my passion for the practice. At Shrimath I learned to step off the mat to explore other areas, such as meditation, chanting, philosophy and so much more. Thank-you to the entire Shrimath yoga family!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kmelnyk
Shrimath_Yoga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thanks Krista for your kind words. Shrimath team learnt a lot on 'how to listen?' from you. We appreciate your review. Thanks again.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shrimath Yoga school was worth every ounce of my energy. The warm reception and inclusion of daily village life and the educational components of Yoga tradition as well as posture classes were an amazingly satisfying experience. K. P. thank you for your patience, personal attention and your knowledge. Hema, you are amazing. My attendance and your teachings has opened new paths for exploration. I fully recommend your school. Namaste

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 25,193

Thanks Sue for your kind words. Your mere presence lifted the energy level and all of us looked up to your observations during discussions. Thanks.