“Amazing location and Hospitality”

JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
Ranked #7 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hyderabad, India
“Amazing location and Hospitality”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Efficient front desk helps you to breeze through check in and check out, each department seems to compete with the other to serve their guests better, my room upgrade request was taken promptly which was very nice of the team.

A beautiful room overlooking Cubbon park, chef and team which took care of the baby food needs made the trip special and hassle free.

Hotel is centrally located and well connected
Dont miss the Bakery section/Cake shop - you will be pleasantly surprised with what they have got to offer you

Room Tip: Ask Cubbon park facing room, you will have a great view as you get ready for the days activities
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Sunil,
I appreciate you taking the time to review the JW Marriott Bengaluru on Tripadvisor. It certainly reinforces our commitment to providing our treasured guests with the highest standards of hospitality whenever they choose to stay at our hotel.
It feels great to know that our location adjacent to the beautiful Cubbon Park is appreciated by all of our guests who often enjoy taking a stroll amidst its tranquil confines. I am particularly pleased that you savoured the offerings at the Bengaluru Baking Company. Our café patisserie does indeed offer freshly crafted pastries and beverages by the inimitable Chef Daniel. The team and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to another unforgettable experience.
Parul Thakur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
Pune, India
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were excellent. Well designed and nicely laid out. Should try and stay in a room with a balcony as they have nice views of either a park or the UB city mall. The service, however, could have been a tad swifter considering that it is a top end 5 star hotel.. but that is because I'm being super picky.. certainly worth staying at, overall..

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Thadani,
I thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. It is wonderful that you enjoyed our rooms and their appointments. We are proud of the fact that our guestrooms are the largest in the city centre and offer fabulous views of Cubbon Park and UB City. It is unfortunate that the service delivery failed to match your expectations of the JW Brand. The team and I look forward to showcasing true JW Service to you on your next visit and I can assure you that you will leave us with a more delightful experience.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here twice to redeem free night certificates. Booking was easy and hassle free. On arrival, the front desk staff were very courteous, especially Prerna needs special mention. we got our rooms at the higher floors with amazing views of Cubbon Park and the Vidhana Soudha. The Gold Elite membership comes handy and I was able to utilize the executive lounge on the 15th floor. The Masala Tea is one of the best we have had. It seems to be freshly made each time and they served us as much as we asked for along with the finger food. Service is very courteous and friendly. Only issue I had here was the hostess could have been a little more courteous or at least smile.

The room was comfortable with king size beds and comfortable pillows. The bathroom is interesting, something like an open bathroom onto the bed room. You can enjoy the great views from the bathroom too. The toiletries are of good quality and service is quick and efficient.

The Italian restaurant Alba is a must try if you are staying here. The spa is one of the best in Bangalore, in terms of design, ambiance, music and therapy. The other 5-star hotel spa's do not match the ambiance and value in comparison to the JW Spa. ON one saturday night, there was a party organized and Prerna got us on the guest list. The party was fine, but the drinks were no good. Looked like the party organizers were mixing the drinks and it was a let down.

The Bar UNO is quite small and is on the way to Alba. Drinks at the UNO were great. We were recommended to try the Watermelon Mojito and it was very good.

The breakfast spread is again extremely good. Great variety and everything tastes authentic and is full of flavor. Again, do not miss the Masala Tea.

We had the Sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the live counters. The grills were serving great fish, chicken and shrimp bbq. The chats were extremely good and authentic. The soups, sushi and pasta were great too and not to forget the never ending extraordinary desert selection.

Overall, a great property at a fantastic location and with great food options. I am surprised how this is not in the top 10 hotels in Bangalore. It is only a matter of time when this will be in the top 10.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cosmicw
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to read such a positive review on your stay at the JW Marriott Bengaluru and I am truly grateful to you and all of our cherished guests for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is our sincere endeavor to ensure our guests feel at home whenever they stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru and as a part of the Marriott family I am glad we were able to live up to your expectations of the JW Brand. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed the room appointments right from the walk in bath to the trademark Marriott Revive Bedding as well as the panoramic views on offer. The SPA by JW is the first of its kind in the world and I am pleased you had a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. ALBA is indeed the place to dine at in the city with its unique ambience and fabulous food. It is indeed a privilege for us to have hosted you once again and I look forward to providing you with another memorable stay.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

JW Marriott Bangalore is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in! From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated with exceptional service and a friendly smile. The staff at reception had realised our flight landed very early in the morning and had therefore prepared our room for our arrival. Within a few hours of arriving, staff knew our names and always went out of their way to go that extra mile for us, nothing was ever too much for them! The service at this hotel is exceptional, and something that I have never experienced before, by the time we were leaving it felt as if we were leaving behind part of the family, they had been that welcoming. Kathik and his staff in the executive lounge provided particularly outstanding service and were always there to help. I would most definitely recommend this fantastic hotel, for business or leisure!

Stayed August 2014
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Abi,
I am delighted to receive such wonderful feedback from treasured guests such as yourself. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy personalized and intuitive service during your stay right from the check-in process, it is truly our sincere endeavor to ensure our guests feel at home whenever they stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. It is good to know that you enjoyed the offerings at the Executive Lounge and I will certainly pass on your compliments to Karthik and the team, they are truly an asset to the organization! Your kind words only reinforces our belief that truly great service is what differentiates the JW Brand. The team and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to another unforgettable experience.
Singapore
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Maybe, just maybe, multinational hotel chains are starting to get it right in India - at least Marriott. I have been travelling regularly to India for business for eight years and stayed in many hotels and almost without fail, something always goes wrong. These hotels often have luxurious lobbies and well appointed rooms and restaurants, and without fail the staff are very, very attentive - to a fault in my opinion ("I can roll my own rollaway carry-on thank you for asking ... five times.."). But then something goes wrong - whether it be a bit falling off something (a hotel tap, a cupboard door hinge), non-existent noise proofing, miscommunications from staff, unsolicited wake-up calls, hair in food, hotel cars not turning up etc. etc.
So it really was a great pleasure to stay at this hotel, where aside from a few small blemishes not worth writing about here everything was very good. Arriving late at night to this very new hotel, the check in was friendly and efficient without being too attentive (I got to roll my own bag after just one 'no thank you'). The room was well designed and nothing fell off anything, although I'm not sure the automated curtains will stand the test of time. There was a bit of street noise but nothing to worry about. Breakfast in the exec lounge was ok but could be improved - like several-day-old cream cheese that was more chalk than cream (to look at, I didn't dare eat it - and, ok this is one of the small blemishes I said I wouldn't write about!!). There was a small welcome gift and another on leaving, possibly due to my status with the chain - unnecessary but it shows they are really trying to build customer loyalty. This is one of the few hotels in India I really would look forward to coming back to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Wilburtan,
Thank you for such a comprehensive endorsement of the JW Marriott Bengaluru and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted to learn that your stay at our hotel was pleasant and satisfying. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you faced with the breakfast and I can assure you that this is a rare exception. At the JW Marriott Bengaluru, we strive to provide personalized and intuitive service that we believe our guests really care about. I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru for another unforgettable experience.
Morris County
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2014, the service was excellent and the staff were great. Executive Lounge and food was good. The suite was very roomy and comfortable. This is very convenient to shopping and highly recommend to others

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at the JW Marriott Bengaluru with the Trip Advisor community. Our central location in the heart of Bangalore in close proximity to several landmarks in the city lends itself to being an ideal shopping destination for our guests. I am glad you found this to be convenient and were able to enjoy our large guestrooms that offer panoramic views of UB City and Cubbon Park. I am particularly pleased you found the Executive Lounge and the Food and Beverage Offerings we serve there to be suited to your needs. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future and leaving you with another memorable experience of our hotel.
Sydney
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here back in February and would say it is one of the best Marriott's I have ever been to. Breakfast was also amazing (the best Dosa I have ever had). Definitely recommend this place to anyone planning to stay around the UB City area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such positive feedback. It was indeed our pleasure to have hosted you during your visit to Bengaluru.
Your appreciation certainly reinforces the team's commitment to excellence and we are grateful to you for recognizing the same.
We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy more signature hospitality at JW Marriott, Bengaluru.