“Reasonable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 648 Hotels in Bengaluru
Manipal, India
“Reasonable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is at the heart of city with easy approach
Good car parking space
"Kudla" the restaurant with special food options from Coastal Karnataka is good
Punjabi restaurant with punjabi ambience is nice
Rooms are comfortable

Room Tip: Not to choose the rooms on the road side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cerro Maggiore, Italia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was there for 2 nights.We got a favorable rate including brekafast and eventual late check out.
Punjab and seafood restaurants available in the same building.Room clean and quite confortable.
For a short stay in Bangalore it's ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Massifly
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

. Don't enquire the staff about the visiting places they didn't know the timings. Not up to the 4 star level. Break fast wasn't good. Rooms are ok, queen size bed is there king size. Not recommended..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel Ramanshree located just opposite of ITC Gardenia. Just 5Km away from Bangalore City Railway Junction. Its just beside one of the busy road although noise didn't create problem.
Recently before one week we were there,have booked room online through Travelguru for 3 days.
Hotel Check in - Check out time is 12pm- 12pm. But we reached by morning 10AM. As the room was not ready receptionist asked us to wait for some while in lobby. But they tried heart and soul and arranged room as soon as they can.
We checked in the room. It was on First Floor. Apparently overall it was looking Ok but when we checked washroom some water leakage was there in bath tub. and bath tub have some black strains on the edges. Immediately I tried to call in reception but unfortunately the telephone line was having some problem. It was not audible from one side. Fortunately I was having the General Manager's contact number, I called him and described about the condition of the room. He is very nice person,he personally came to the room with his colleagues and promised to change the room as soon as any good room will vacant.
By evening when we were roaming out, from Hotel got a call to change the room. We came and shifted to Third Floor.
Room was specious. Amenities was really good. Bed was comfortable with very good quality of linen. TV was bit small in size as comparatively the room. But its manageable. Centralized AC was with room temperature control. Fridge was working properly.
The washroom was bit small in size but the Bath tub in this room was good, cleaned and no problem was with water leaking.
House keeping have done their job very perfectly. Everyday we found fresh towel, bottled drinking water,cleaned room and washroom. Laundry service was really good.
Food quality was very good in Kudla and Legacy of Punjab both. Room service was quite slow, we ordered sandwich and they took 40 mins to serve it in room. But I have to tell that the presentation and taste of the food was really nice. .Buffet Breakfast was good. Staff was polite,prompt. Sea food was very good in taste. and some south Indian chicken dish also we tried and we felt its just awesome in taste.
Checked out procedure also didn't take more time.

All in all it was a very good stay in the Hotel Ramanashree. Special Thanks to Mr. Kaushik Bhaumik, General Manager. Wish to visit again.

Room Tip: Go for Third / Forth Floor Rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shree464
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently, and wasn't pleased. The moment I walked up to the reception, I knew what to expect, because the walls behind the counter were stained and dirty.

Rooms are just short of ordinary, with poor maintenance. There were stains on the walls and bed linen, and the furniture is rather shabby. The LCD TV in my room was too small to watch properly. The fridge wasn't working ok, and there was water pooled up inside it. The loo was ok, but was tiny and the tub had grimy black stains along the edges which gave off really yucky vibes.

This hotel is situated along an extremely noisy main road, and you have to have the fan and AC running to drown out traffic noise. I was first given a room right on the main road and the noise was unbearable and I absolutely could not stay in it, so I asked for a room change, which, to the staff's credit was done immediately.

The food is OK. I chose to stick to safe vegetarian items, because the restaurants looked somewhat shabby, but the prices are high. Buffet breakfast was boring, and had few options for people who watch their calories -- no brown bread, skimmed milk, or fresh/sugar free juices, for starters.

Staff was polite. prompt, and helpful.

Tip - I have learnt to not believe glossy reviews and photoshopped pictures that you see on hotel websites, and some traveller reviews! I'm sure a good chunk of reviews of such hotels are from employees and relatives, and their traveller pics are photoshopped to get more bookings. I see this happening quite frequently in India, and the standards of a lot of hotels are pretty low in actuality.

This hotel was quite a let down. I wouldn't want to stay here again. It is in dire need of maintenance, its management ought to overhaul things here --- although they can't help the noisy location, they could replace the shabby furniture and stained bed linen, give the walls and bathtubs a touch up, put in bigger LCDs, and improve the restaurants' ambience .... the hotel could be quite nice if they were to do that. Charge a bit more, I say, but give people better accommodation.

Room Tip: Please ask them for a room that is away from the main road. No corner rooms please!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DelhiTravels123
Faridabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our office teams used to stay and regularly. They have only one complaint that is the food is not good hence decided to went and see. SO visited the hotel with my team on 28-5-2014 and ordered food from room. The first line I hear for everything was not there and there after will take 30 minutes minimum. The order was for chinese veg food adn believe never at esuch worst food ever.

Take care.

There are no immediate restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank karuneshmittal_12
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked 2 rooms to stay from 17th May2014 to 20th May 2014, thro' Expedia online booking and got confirmation- Expedia travel confirmation - 17 May, 2014 - (Itin# 12049480570). I also rechecked with hotel before leaving to Bangalore.But to my horror, when I landed there 0n 17thMay 2014 @ 11.15 PM (my Chennai-Bangalore shathabdhi reached @ 10.30PM), front office staff coolly said _NO ROOM. When showed Expedia confirmation slip and argued, NO CHANCE. Me with my family and 2 small children, @ dead of midnight, practically standing on streets, thanks to Expedia and Hotel Ramanashree. They have no reservation policy,I think. I give rooms on "FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED" basis and your booking had no value for them. I could not stay there,even though I paid full money to Expedia for 3 nights.

I thought, after booking and paying money, the rooms will be available, even I come late. But, like in real estate , selling one plot of land to 2 customers, Hotel Ramanashree gave away my 2 booked rooms to some other guest and pocketed that money also. As per law, this is criminal offence, But for Hotel Ramanashree, this is caual affair!!!

Room Tip: I did not enter the hotel at all and where is the question of tip to others. My only tip to other vi...
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rasa006
kaushikbhaumik, General Manager at Hotel Ramanashree Richmond Circle, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanking you very much for sharing your review about us on TripAdvisor. I would like to share with that we were not over booked on 17th May but some of the guests extended their stay at last minute unexpectedly, so we were not able to accommodate you at Hotel Ramanashree Richmond Circle.

We were really concerned about your accommodation and that is why

1. I spoke to you personally and accommodated you immediately in other hotel which is of Ramanashree standard and just 100 meters away from our hotel.
2. We only paid your 17th May hotel accommodation at that hotel and gave you option of bringing back to our hotel next day morning.
3. Next day after talking to you, we realized that you wanted to continue your stay there only, so we co ordinate with expedia and cancel the booking and you get your full money refunded.

We agree that we could not accommodate you for a genuine reason but we did all to make you comfortable on your bangalore trip.

Thanking you.