“NOT good value for money”
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #68 of 657 Hotels in Bengaluru
Tel Aviv, Israel
“NOT good value for money”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel should be 4.5 stars, but it is more like 2 stars hotel.

- I ordered a room with "Golf View", got a room with view over slums.
- There was no hot water, barely lukewarm.
- The hotel offer taxi services, with unfair prices, about 3 times more than regular taxi
- The hotel billed me for stuff in minibar which i did NOT use!
- Too Noisy with doors banging throughout the night
- The furniture is of bad quality, the room wasn't too clean, stained bathtub

I have got much better services for the prices paid in other places, stay away from this hotel !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 25 November 2013

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. Firstly let me apologize on the inconvenience caused during the entire stay and we did meet your expectation. May i please offer you the entire refund of the amount during the stay, if you could connect with me on gm.royal@royalorchidhotels.com with your details and we shall the refund processed on your card.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. I shall have your feedback shared with the team.

Please do accept my sincere apologies again and give us one more opportunity to showcase our hospitality,

Perkin Rocha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a small get together of friends and relatives of my father's retirement function.
The hall is huge and decorated. Well maintained ambiance and well mannered staff.
The gathering though was small but well taken care by the hotel staff.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 20 November 2013

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the entire experience and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stopped by for a coffee with a friend, I was blown away with the cabanas and the lovely evening breeze. A well maintained lawn, lovely coffee and a super view of the Golf Course.... truly a step away from the madding crowds!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 19 November 2013

Singapore
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times before for my business stay in Bangalore . It's close to embassy golf links which makes it a ideal choice for me as given the Bangalore weather one can walk .

I think this time I felt the hotel had a very old dingy feel to it . The view was not bad on the first floor room 127 I stayed in .

The disappointment for me was the breakfast . I was looking forward to a great South Indian breakfast . I don't like too much garlic especially in chutni . When asked for non garlic one they even did not have one , now sure how the Indian's who don't eat onion and garlic enjoy the dosa and vada as even the sambhar had garlic .

Rest of the stuff for the class is hotel it is not bad . I would not mind staying again if I can have a nice sambar and chutni with my dosa that's non garlic

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Mr. Swaminathan,

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the entire experience and except for Dosa and Sambhar and we did not met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

I assure you to serve you with a excellent Dosa and Sambhar on your next visit, please do write to me in case you would be travelling to Bangalore on your next visit and i shall take care of your booking myself.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I would highly recommend the Royal Orchid Bangalore as a luxury hotel to stay at. The Staff and service are impeccable. Whenever I stay here I always receive a warm welcome from the hotel and throughout my stay, the staff ensure I am comfortable and always look to ensure whether I need anything. The food is of an excellent quality whether it is at the Limelight Restaurant, the Ginseng restaurant, Geoffrey's or Room Service. The rates are very reasonable and overall right from the doorman to the housekeeper, I guarantee that you will receive the highest standards of service, quality and comfort.

Room Tip: I always stay in 118!
Dear Mr. Guest,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed in the Royal Orchid 1st to the 10th Nov , it was my 3rd stay at this Hotel and I will be staying on my next trip in January. Excellent staff , very helpful. Rooms and food good. Nice ambience and a good location if you are working at the Embassy Golf Links Park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Mr. Simon,

Delhi
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my fourth stay in this hotel and stayed for 4 nights in the second floor. This is a very nice hotel, nice aminities, very nice Indian restaurant, very friendly people in the restaurant, humble welcoming staff at reception, small swimmimg pool on the roof top with a baby pool and Gym. I stayed on the second floor, room s are spacious, all facilities, complimentary fruit platter and water, very cosy beds and nice clean rooms. But there was a very pungent, old wet acrpet like smell all over the floor outside rooms, sometime making a very bad impression and giving you sickening experience.

Room Tip: Room towards lawn and golf course are bright, large and sunny, best for winters. Very nice golf and...