“Enjoyable First Stay In India” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #61 of 648 Hotels in Bengaluru
Devon
“Enjoyable First Stay In India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Orchid for six nights on a business trip. This was my first visit to India and I only have my experiences with European hotels to compare my visit to. Check in was smooth and efficient with no issues and the staff were very friendly. My room was a good size with a nice view overlooking the hotels grounds as well as the adjoining golf course. There was a large flat screen TV, air-con which was controlled within the room, fridge, in-room safe and plenty of space to work on my laptop. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped although the temperature of the shower was sometimes luke warm. In addition there was no plug for the bathroom sink which was a little inconvenient although not a big enough problem for me to request a new one from reception. The cleanliness of the room was acceptable although not as good as I have experienced in other hotels. The room was also starting to look a little tired around the edges although, again the overall condition was more than adequate. There were a number of extras included in my room rate including a very large range of TV channels, a complimentary newspaper left outside the room each day, complimentary bottled water (renewed each day) and wireless internet which was fine although could be a little slow sometimes. I was impressed with the public areas of the hotel, they were always very clean and elegant looking. There are three places to eat and I ate in two of them. Breakfast was served in the buffet restaurant and there was a good selection available to choose from including a chef cooking dishes to order. It’s possible to sit inside or outside in the gardens which are well maintained. Service is pretty good and on most occasions hot drinks were served at my table quickly. The food was kept pretty well stocked although a few gaps appeared during busy times. I also had a few meals in ‘Geoffrey’s’ which is based on an English style pub. There is a good choice of food and drink available and the service was fine. However I found it to be quite dark with very noisy music on every occasion I went there. I didn’t mind this too much but anyone looking for a quiet meal should probably opt for one of the other two restaurants on site. There was also a small pool on the roof of the hotel and a gym but I did not use either of these facilities. For me the hotel was well located approx 5 minutes from the office I was based in. It’s a couple of minutes walk from Airport road at the end of a quiet road and only a 10 minute taxi/auto-rickshaw ride from the main shopping areas of Commercial Street/Brigade Road/MG Road etc. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay again. There were a few minor irritations but these really were minor and I believe that anyone choosing the Royal Orchid would not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank LeeW30
Royal_Orchid_Hotels, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank You for your valuable feedback and recommendations. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities of our hotel and had a good time during your stay. It’s good to know that you enjoyed your visit to our pub also. The location is certainly a plus for the hotel. Hope you choose to stay with us the next time you visit Bangalore.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

Rooms were clean but the new wing has a weird smell. This was the first hotel that uses blue neon lights in the room.

• Stayed November 2010
Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank You for your valuable feedback, we will look into the suggestions you have provided and work on them.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

Pretty standard stuff. Internet good speed, service decent, breakfast great.

It has a pub which is pretty cool.

Our sister office is just 500m away so i stay here often. Overall no major problems.

the drain nearby can smell a little at times but i m not to bothered by it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is great to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we will take note of your review and look into them.
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

I recently stayed during my first business trip to India. I found the service to be outstanding at the hotel, and I did not feel uncomfortable at all traveling alone. The food was also good at the hotel and I appreciated the staff recommendations. The roof top pool and workout room were also great. The only negatives would be the noise from the lot below the hotel. My room faced the back of the hotel, and I hear barking dogs during the wee hours of the morning. The room was tidy, but I would have liked it a bit cleaner. I would say for the value this is a good place to stay.

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank you for your valuable feedback and at the same time we apologize that you had some uncomfortable moments due to the noise.
The roof top pool certainly does add a different dimension to the hotel. Hope you stay with us the next time you visit Bangalore, we look forward to serving you again.
Southeast US
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

I recently traveled to India for the first time in my life. I did not know what to expect and booked my hotels based on the reviews from this website.

I was a bit disappointed with the Royal Orchid compared to other hotels in India.

It seemed to be quite a distance from the aiport, not near anything else, the power went off several times, and I could hear my neighbors very clearly when they coughed, and the breakfast buffet seemed to be quite lacking. Also, the rooms were not the least bit comfortable, kind of like a college dorm room. They seemed to be clean enough.

The only good things I saw was that they did have airport pickup and the staff was quite helpful.. If you are traveling in India, always look for the hotel transportation people when you arrive at the airport. You will have a much nicer time than if you try to arrange a cab yourself. The normal cabs in India are quite bad.

In the future, I would try to limit my stays to Sheraton and Taj hotel brands until I know more about India hotels.

I hope you have found this review helpful.

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank You for your feedback, we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. We have taken a note of all that you have mentioned and have worked on the same. The breakfast buffet has been redesigned with enhanced quality and taste. We apologize once again and hope you will continue to patronize us.
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

Nice place, good food and service. Was a very nice stay

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Look forward to having you stay with us again.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

My room was at the side of the hotel, and had not been redecorated since the 1960s (or so if felt). Although superficially clean, everything was okd, tired and grubby. The electrics were very poor: light fittings hanging off the wall; cracked switched and plug sockets; an air conditioner I was almost frightened to touch; and an extractor fan with exposed flex 30cm away from a shower head. The bath and washbasin were both cracked and there was no plug in the basin. Compared to other Bangalore hotels I have stayed in, this simply didn't come anywhere near the standard I was expecting. One to avoid!

1 Thank MiddleAgedMale
Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid
We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great stay at our hotel. Our hotel and rooms have thoroughly undergone renovation and things are put to place. We look forward welcoming you again and we assure you of a changed experience.