“Great value - Great location!”
Review of St Mark's Hotel

St Mark's Hotel
Ranked #7 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Toronto, Canada
“Great value - Great location!”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Spent two nights here while touring around India. My main concern in India is always the noise and the cleanliness. Rooms are super clean and quiet. The staff was extremely willing and helpful. The location is superb with the MG City Mall nearby you can have the best food at different price ranges and very good shopping (expensive side though). Loved it

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you stay with us and it gives us immence pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. we thank you for posting such a positive review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is always our constant endeavour to provide hospitality with a personal touch to all our guests and it is indeed motivating when it is acknowledged in this manner. We are happy to note that you liked the location of the hotel which is very central,the super clean and sound proof rooms and the caring service you experienced.

Thank you once again and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to St.Mark's Hotel soon.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and a great 2012!!

E Mail: gm@stmarkshotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
Maidenhead, UK
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Room 708 - 2 nights.
It should get a better rating than I am giving it.
But:
1. The minor - outside windows of my room - filthy
2. The medium - I had dinner in the restaurant, "Curry with a K" it is called - but no curry menu, just a global mixed menu of English, Japanese, Chinese, Thai... The next morning I questioned this and was presented with a brilliant curry menu! Did the restaurant just look at me, and think, he will not eat a curry?........Bad form!
3. The major - On departure I asked for a taxi to the airport for 09 30 am. No problems, a car was waiting, and a charge on my bill for twice the normal taxi rate. Seems that asking for a Taxi means the hotel tells a private hire firm, who are not taxi's, cars are OK, but its not a taxi. Why not ask if I want that service? I said I would pay the normal taxi rate, hotel refused to amend the bill. I told them to take the charge off, and I would sort out my own taxi. They refused. I scrumpled the bill up and threw it away - waiting to hear from the hotel what we are going to do about my bill, and my invoice.

This is not a bad hotel. I would like to rate it better, There were many plus points, but they really annoyed me at checkout - with an honest policy in place, and by refusing my request to not take the overpriced private car - it could have been a good stay.

Room Tip: Careful when asking for a taxi
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank expectant customer
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing St.Mark’s Hotel and it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We appreciate your taking time off to review us on TripAdvisor.

We have recently completed the exterior painting of the hotel building as the final part of our renovation and the external cleaning of our double glazed windows will be taken up shortly. We agree that it does give an impression of being dirty compared to the clean interiors of the hotel.

I can fully understand how you would have felt when offered a Global menu at the ‘Curry with a K’ restaurant. It was certainly a case of lost chance for both of us. We lost out on the opportunity of serving you some of the delectable Indian dishes featured on our brilliant menu.The team at the restaurant eagerly look forward to the next occasion when they can treat you to a memorable Indian meal experience.

We are really sorry about the car issue at the time of your check out.Our Front Office associates clearly misunderstood your requirement.As a standard practice,when asked, hotels do offer the in house travel desk private taxis to guests to ensure comfort,security and timeliness. We have taken this up seriously and have taken necessary measures to improve communication. We regret that this incident left you with a bad taste,despite the many positives you noticed at the hotel.

It is our constant endeavour to offer warm,personal service that exceed expectations and feedback from our guests helps us to know if we are achieving this objective.We sincerely appreciate your observations on our hotel and it will certainly help us to revisit our services and take corrective action.

I and my team at the hotel keenly look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity of providing you with a superlative experience. Do feel free to write to me for any further assistance.

Thank you.

St.Mark’s Hotel,Bangalore.

Email: gm@stmarkshotel.com
Madurai
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Travelled to banagalore with my wife this dec'11. First the Plus of St Marks

Complementary 24 Hrs internet connection. This is a real plus. I have stayed in other hotels where they charge you exhorbiant rates per Hr basis. This is a real good thing for the Business travellers.

A good linen bed.No noise in to the room, inspite of the hotel being located near MG road. We had a very good night's sleep.

We took an in-room dining as the Food was rightly priced( I have stayed in similar category hotels where they charge 5$ for a tender coconut). This one seemed reasonable and affordable.

They had some good desserts especially the Kulfi and halwa and Baked rasmalai are real treats.Do try them.

The room had a state of the art switches near the bed that could control all the lightings and electricals in the room, call the House keeping etc.

check in was real smooth.

Security was excellent. I could see almost every floor had a surveillance camera.

Ambience at the lobby was good. especially the flooring simply sparkled in the lights.

Obviously the location, close proximity to MG road, Major Business centers and Bangalore City Railway station(15 min Drive)

Now, What we missed to see in St Marks.

We booked a deluxe room(lowest in the category) as that was the one available. It lacked Balcony, View, and bath tubs. Hopefully, I beleive must be available in other rooms. Except for the view as hotel is surrounded by buildings all three sides. Bath rooms were small.

The business center was too small. It was just a cabin with a computer and printer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing St.Mark’s Hotel during your recent visit to Bangalore and we consider it a real pleasure to have had you stay with us. We are very happy to note that you had a lovely stay and appreciate your fabulous compliments to the hotel and facilities in your review on TripAdvisor.

It is such a delight to see that you have gone to great lengths to point out the many a pluses of our hotel.We have always been a great value for money hotel with the right pricing on rooms and food and beverages with many inclusions. Thank you for acknowledging this fact and be assured that it will continue to be the hallmark of our hotel. “Exceeding expectations” is our constant endeavour too and hence the emphasis on usage of state of the art technology for convenience, security and comfort throughout the hotel. The city centre location of the hotel certainly becomes an added advantage to all our guests.However,Our double and triple glazed windows do ensure peace and quiet.

I have passed on your compliments to the chefs on Baked Rasmalai and Double surprise-which is a great combination of carrot halwa and Kulfi. They were delighted to see that their signature desserts were acknowledged in such a manner!

We will try our best to give you a room on the higher floors on your next visit which will give you a better view of the greenery of Bangalore.Please do write to us in advance.However,we do not have bath tubs in the hotel.

Once again we really appreciate your glowing compliments to the hotel and a feedback like this will certainly motivate the team members at St.Mark’s to put in their best efforts to delight every guest at our hotel.

Thank you and Season’s greetings to you and family!

St.Mark’s Hotel,Bangalore.

E mail: gm@stmarkshotel.com
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Meant to review earlier but never got around to it. We stayed here in Jan. 2011 and it was our best hotel. Good central location although you still need a car to get around. Rooms were very clean and large and modern. Just extremely comfortable overall with good bathrooms. Wireless took a few times to set up but when it did it worked fine. The lobby was very nice. Service was very good overall. Only minor complaint was sometimes smoke got into the hallways somehow. Restaurant and breakfast were ok. It was clean but the patrons were not always so. Very business-oriented hotel but we were there with family. Would def stay here again.

Room Tip: Non-smoking floor, away from street side noise.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Pune
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in Nov 2011.
I booked on the internet. Received a confirmation by e-mail quite promptly. No problem checking in.
Location is excellent - near MG Road, Cubbon park, museums, not very far from Lalbaug.
Very convenient location for business traveller as well as leisure traveller.
Good room with carpet, clean bathroom, clean and fresh linen.
Bed size is rather small for two persons - didnt get a very good sleep, though not able to pinpoint any particular reason except possibly the bed size.
Room size is okay - not too big. No view from the room due to the location of the hotel. But okay where priority is for comfortable stay at a convenient location in a big city.
In-room dining service was good.
Buffet breakfast was standard western / indian combination. Food preparation was quite good.
Overall, a very nice stay. We would certainly return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floors so atleast you get a view over rooftops of adjacent buildings.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sabhay
Indore, India
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have been staying at St.Marks hotel,Banagalore since last 8 years simly because it is a " Home away from Home " ...My expereience so far has been excellent in terms of geeting confirmed reservations, services (room/restaurant/house keeping) and always courteous behaviour of entire team including top most official of the hotel. I recomand this hotel for all visitors who wnats to feel " Home away from Home".

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JASVINDER
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to note that you consider St.Mark's Hotel your "Home away from home".We sincerely appreciate your visits to our hotel over the years. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and showering us with compliments.

It is always a pleasure to have our guests come back to us which is a true reward for the sincere efforts put in by the entire team at the hotel.We consider that to be the ultimate appreciation.

We look forward to treating you to many more memorable stays at our hotel.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had booked a Deluxe room about a month in advance. I called on the day of the check-in, and was surprised that the person who picked up my call, was able to place my name immediately and was awaiting my arrival. Upon arrival, it was a quick and smooth check-in. A pleasant surprise of an upgrade and 1/2 kg cake followed. The room was well done. A special mention about the bed linen. One of the best that I've come across.

The breakfast was good and compact. No complaints. My Mrs. felt cereals should have been included.

We were given a room in the top floor, and was absolutely private. A small issue that I faced was the noise through the front door late in the night, which I suppose was from the housekeeping staff. I mentioned it in the comments card, and already received a prompt email that it would be looked into.

All in all an excellent hotel. Superb location. We will definitely come back again and again. I have to mention that I would choose St.Marks over few of the 5-star hotels in that area. It is truly a special place. Thanks St.Marks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samarth U
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your lavish praise for the hotel services,efficiency displayed by our team,quality of linen and the overall experience at the hotel.I have conveyed your appreciation to all our associates who acknowledge it with a lot of enthusiasm. Such whole hearted feedback encourages the whole team to achieve continued excellence in our guest services.

We have also noted your comments on the noise from the corridor.Be assured that corrective measures have been taken. We do have 4-5 cereals in our daily breakfast buffet spread which seems to have escaped your wife's attention.

We are delighted to note that St.Mark's will be your preffered choice of hotel at Bangalore and we look forward to the next opportunity of being service to you.

Vice president & General Manager