“Great hotel”
Review of St Mark's Hotel

St Mark's Hotel
Ranked #9 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Suite room. Pretty small for a suite. However its clean and well kept. Really really good breakfast buffet. Good variety. The location is perfect. Service is great. Polite and warm. Will def stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Andromesh
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on TripAdvisor.The entire team at the hotel join me in conveying their appreciation for your sincere compliments.

It gives us great satisfaction to note that you found our services top notch while being polte and courteous.We are also glad that you liked our breakfast buffet and the variety and the city centric location of the hotel.

We consider it a privilege to be your hotel of choice at Bangalore and look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for St Mark's Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a late review - I still remember good days in Bangalore last November while I stayed in St. Marks for a week. That was my first trip to India. I wanted a hotel in the city so I can easily access local people and shopping places. This is the one. This is a 5 stars hotel without garden and pool. The room is nice and super clean. Staffs are very friendly. They know how to treat people. Where I would stay next time when visit Bangalore? I know my answer already.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Dear Guest,

It is indeed very kind of you to remember us and spare time to post a great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.We are glad that we played a part in making your first visit to India,a memorable one.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff who you found very friendly and responsive.I have passed on the same to them.I am also glad to inform you that we have an additional venue for relaxation at the hotel-The Terrace Garden which will be open to our room guests very soon!We are certain that you will find it a great place to unwind on your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at St.Mark's.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Good hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros:
+ Good room (a little on the small side. hardly unusual for India but unusual in this price range)
+ Friendly and helpful staff with good English skills.
+ Excellent location
+ Walking distance to UB City, Brigade Road, and MG Road activities.
+ Hotel is generally in good condition and appears to have been recently renovated.

Room for improvement:
~ Breakfast buffet is mediocre at best. (although I'll give them points for improving some of the items that were brought to their attention earlier in my stay).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Mr.Erik,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate your taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.

While we are happy to note that you found many positives at the hotel,we have taken a serious note of your observation about our buffet breakfast.We consider that as a very important aspect of the hotel experience for our guests and be assured that our Chef and his team is already working on the points you brought to our notice.You will certainly observe a change for the better,on your next stay with us.

Feedback such as yours help us to introspect and reinvent the wheel.we consider it a privilege to have been of service to you.Looking forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

As someone who travels all the time, this comfortable haven exceeded my expectations.

Right from a personable booking experience, to the food, comfort of the room, decor, cleanliness, (truly) high-speed wi-fi and generous buffets, I have nothing but praise for this establishment and its staff, What touched me the most was the courtesy of the staff and their personable, no-always-play-by-the-rule-book attitude when it came to certain situations like a late checkout in my case. The proximity to nearby Cubbon park (0.7 kms away) is a big plus.

While I have several options to stay in Bangalore including many close relatives, I will unfortunately need to turn down their hospitality the next time!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Mr.Krishnan,

We were delighted to have you stay with us and thank you for taking time to post a marvellous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.The entire team at the hotel join me in accepting your sincere appreciation.

It is indeed satisfying to note that you found our room, services,facilities and buffets excellent.Finally,it is the people who make a difference in a hotel and I am glad that our staff left a lasting impression on you.

We are sorry that you will be disappointing your friends and relatives on your next visit to Bangalore by declining their hospitality.However,we are not complaining!!

Looking forward to meeting you personally,the next time around.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

When one travels as much as I do, it is really appreciated when a hotel makes you feel at home and provides you that level of comfort that one misses. I stayed at St Mark's several times and have never been disappointed from the friendly doorman, excellent bellmen, and the personal service I receive. This last trip a colleague got sick and the hotel was so accommodating. They made sure he received everything he asked for and the constantly followed up with him making sure he was ok. The duty managers, front office managers, hostesses, customer service and even their Vice President and General Manager consistently followed up and made sure everything was fine. I strongly recommend this hotel if one is looking for that home away from home and want that extra level of service so lacking in other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Mr.Thomas,

It is indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us when you are in Bangalore and to provide you and your colleagues with that "home away from home" feeling! Thank you for sparing time to write such a positive feedback of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We were only ensuring that your colleague got the best attention when that was the need of the hour.Trust he is fully recovered by now.We take utmost care to make sure that all our guests get the complete feel of Indian hospitality while experiencing our hotel. I have passed on your whole hearted compliments to the team at the hotel.Such gracious comments always spur us on to create many memorable experiences to our valuable guests.

We are delighted to see that St.mark's will be your prefered choice whenever you travel to Bangalore.We certainly feel privileged when our guests come back to us as we consider that as the ultimate reward , as you give us your vote of confidence.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Location , individualised service , hospitality , efficiency ,decor,resteraunt , rooms top class , this establishment in my observation has a rare quality about it , me and my wife went for their breakfast , the breakfast menu reflected the choice of majority of their patrons who were frm abroad , a young lady in the traditional attire came upto us realising that our origins were from India and asked us if we would prefer some local dosas( creps) , we were served some lovely food that made us feel at home , I am yet to sample such hospitality , we know where we will be when we come back !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and thank you for giving us such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed so reassuring to see that guests notice all the efforts that go into providing a great hospitality experience to our guests.We truly feel honoured about your comment that "St. Mark's Hotel has a rare quality about it". We sincerely appreciate your observations on the quality and efficiency that you experienced at the hotel.Your compliments to our young hostess has been passed on to her.

We will strive hard to remain your hotel of choice at Bangalore and look forward to the pleasure of you staying with us again sometime soon.

Email: gm@stmarkshotel.com

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for 2 days at St.Marks on 05/27/2012 and 05/28/2012. There are lot of things that we liked about this hotel. The rooms are pretty big; comfy beds, lots of storage, complimentary wi-fi, excellent walk-in showers and the living room and bedroom are nicely separated from each other. Both rooms had TV and we loved that feature. They have complimentary breakfast and were pretty impressed with the variety they offered. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner and loved the quality of food and service. Even my 9 year old son loved their food and we met the chef Mr. Vimal and thanked him for the excellent food and variety that was offered.Great value for money.
The hotel is in the heart of the city and moving around was pretty easy as most shopping centres were pretty close by. The only thing we found wanting was a good gym with swimming pool. It was extremely hot outside and we would have loved to relax in the pool.
Overall we loved our stay here and would go back again the next time.

Thanks,
The Raj Family

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th floor and room was very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family