“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel is well-kept, well-appointed and well-staffed. We stayed from Tues-Sun so we got a good feel for the hotel. From start to finish my husband and I had an excellent stay. There were little small things the hotel staff did here and there to make you feel welcome and, upon hearing we are newly married, they even sent a lovely, chocolate, heart-shaped cake up to our room with best wishes. Unfortunately we did fall ill for a couple of days during our stay, but again the staff was caring and attentive. They called our room on occasion to ask how we were and if we needed anything. In the hustle and bustle of Bangalore, this place is truly a welcome oasis. I can't say enough about the entire staff and the quality of service at St. Mark's. Also, the week we were there they opened their rooftop terrace where you can have a drink, sit and relax, etc. It offers great views - nice place to see the city from!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arualynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Suite room. Pretty small for a suite. However its clean and well kept. Really really good breakfast buffet. Good variety. The location is perfect. Service is great. Polite and warm. Will def stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Andromesh
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on TripAdvisor.The entire team at the hotel join me in conveying their appreciation for your sincere compliments.

It gives us great satisfaction to note that you found our services top notch while being polte and courteous.We are also glad that you liked our breakfast buffet and the variety and the city centric location of the hotel.

We consider it a privilege to be your hotel of choice at Bangalore and look forward to your next stay with us.

Boston
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a late review - I still remember good days in Bangalore last November while I stayed in St. Marks for a week. That was my first trip to India. I wanted a hotel in the city so I can easily access local people and shopping places. This is the one. This is a 5 stars hotel without garden and pool. The room is nice and super clean. Staffs are very friendly. They know how to treat people. Where I would stay next time when visit Bangalore? I know my answer already.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Guest,

It is indeed very kind of you to remember us and spare time to post a great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.We are glad that we played a part in making your first visit to India,a memorable one.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff who you found very friendly and responsive.I have passed on the same to them.I am also glad to inform you that we have an additional venue for relaxation at the hotel-The Terrace Garden which will be open to our room guests very soon!We are certain that you will find it a great place to unwind on your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at St.Mark's.

Stow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Good hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros:
+ Good room (a little on the small side. hardly unusual for India but unusual in this price range)
+ Friendly and helpful staff with good English skills.
+ Excellent location
+ Walking distance to UB City, Brigade Road, and MG Road activities.
+ Hotel is generally in good condition and appears to have been recently renovated.

Room for improvement:
~ Breakfast buffet is mediocre at best. (although I'll give them points for improving some of the items that were brought to their attention earlier in my stay).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Mr.Erik,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate your taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.

While we are happy to note that you found many positives at the hotel,we have taken a serious note of your observation about our buffet breakfast.We consider that as a very important aspect of the hotel experience for our guests and be assured that our Chef and his team is already working on the points you brought to our notice.You will certainly observe a change for the better,on your next stay with us.

Feedback such as yours help us to introspect and reinvent the wheel.we consider it a privilege to have been of service to you.Looking forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to our hotel.

Chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2012

As someone who travels all the time, this comfortable haven exceeded my expectations.

Right from a personable booking experience, to the food, comfort of the room, decor, cleanliness, (truly) high-speed wi-fi and generous buffets, I have nothing but praise for this establishment and its staff, What touched me the most was the courtesy of the staff and their personable, no-always-play-by-the-rule-book attitude when it came to certain situations like a late checkout in my case. The proximity to nearby Cubbon park (0.7 kms away) is a big plus.

While I have several options to stay in Bangalore including many close relatives, I will unfortunately need to turn down their hospitality the next time!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Mr.Krishnan,

We were delighted to have you stay with us and thank you for taking time to post a marvellous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.The entire team at the hotel join me in accepting your sincere appreciation.

It is indeed satisfying to note that you found our room, services,facilities and buffets excellent.Finally,it is the people who make a difference in a hotel and I am glad that our staff left a lasting impression on you.

We are sorry that you will be disappointing your friends and relatives on your next visit to Bangalore by declining their hospitality.However,we are not complaining!!

Looking forward to meeting you personally,the next time around.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2012

When one travels as much as I do, it is really appreciated when a hotel makes you feel at home and provides you that level of comfort that one misses. I stayed at St Mark's several times and have never been disappointed from the friendly doorman, excellent bellmen, and the personal service I receive. This last trip a colleague got sick and the hotel was so accommodating. They made sure he received everything he asked for and the constantly followed up with him making sure he was ok. The duty managers, front office managers, hostesses, customer service and even their Vice President and General Manager consistently followed up and made sure everything was fine. I strongly recommend this hotel if one is looking for that home away from home and want that extra level of service so lacking in other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Mr.Thomas,

It is indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us when you are in Bangalore and to provide you and your colleagues with that "home away from home" feeling! Thank you for sparing time to write such a positive feedback of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We were only ensuring that your colleague got the best attention when that was the need of the hour.Trust he is fully recovered by now.We take utmost care to make sure that all our guests get the complete feel of Indian hospitality while experiencing our hotel. I have passed on your whole hearted compliments to the team at the hotel.Such gracious comments always spur us on to create many memorable experiences to our valuable guests.

We are delighted to see that St.mark's will be your prefered choice whenever you travel to Bangalore.We certainly feel privileged when our guests come back to us as we consider that as the ultimate reward , as you give us your vote of confidence.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Location , individualised service , hospitality , efficiency ,decor,resteraunt , rooms top class , this establishment in my observation has a rare quality about it , me and my wife went for their breakfast , the breakfast menu reflected the choice of majority of their patrons who were frm abroad , a young lady in the traditional attire came upto us realising that our origins were from India and asked us if we would prefer some local dosas( creps) , we were served some lovely food that made us feel at home , I am yet to sample such hospitality , we know where we will be when we come back !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and thank you for giving us such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed so reassuring to see that guests notice all the efforts that go into providing a great hospitality experience to our guests.We truly feel honoured about your comment that "St. Mark's Hotel has a rare quality about it". We sincerely appreciate your observations on the quality and efficiency that you experienced at the hotel.Your compliments to our young hostess has been passed on to her.

We will strive hard to remain your hotel of choice at Bangalore and look forward to the pleasure of you staying with us again sometime soon.

Email: gm@stmarkshotel.com