“excellent”
Review of St Mark's Hotel

St Mark's Hotel
Ranked #9 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 28 January 2014

good service, friendly staff, nice and clean rooms.
they di averything to please the guests, i also asked for a shutle service to the airport which was good and on time.

excellent price quality hotel in banglore

Room Tip: ask for executive room, favorable rates and very spacious
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for St Mark's Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2014

What to say? Excellent location close to UB center, Cubbon park. Excellent service (including the manager!). Very good restaurant at affordable price (which is not so common in that kind of hotel), and perfect breakfast lunch. And the room are also fine

Room Tip: choose executive room and you will get a real value added
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RobertBranche
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel really surprised us. The deluxe rooms are very clean and modern and quiet. Contrary to what some other reviews said, we found the staff very friendly and helpful. On the last morning we had a panic about our flights and the manager was really helpful in getting to the bottom of the problem. The breakfast buffet selection was varied, offering a good Indian and western selection. We found the buffet was well stocked and tasty. The hotel is located downtown but still a decent walk away from MG Road so you do need to catch a rickshaw or taxis to most places. Would definitely stay here again! This was also the only hotel on our trip where the wifi connectivity was strong and free!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with 13 friends.its the third time we've stayed here and its always consistently very good.
Had a suite room this time,and it really was comfortable.its quiet too for a peaceful nights sleep after the bustle of the city.
Breakfast is excellent too...a really varied selection.
Reccomend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent...seen all three types
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Went there for 2 days on a business trip. This has to be the best place I've to, so far. The rooms are excellent, both in terms of cleanliness and design. The food, as well, is just awesome. Also, you can not miss the terrace garden which is so beautifully designed. Located in the heart of the city, you just can not ask for anything more at this price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the St. Mark's hotel. As a single female traveler in India for the first time I was a bit anxious but everyone was so welcoming and the hotel was so clean, comfortable and well managed that I instantly relaxed. The rooms are very modern and comfortable, with good free wi-fi (hard to find in India). I absolutely loved the breakfasts, with choices ranging from classic Indian fare through an array of cereals and made to order omelets. Most important was the level of service from management. I had at least 3 managers come up to greet me in the lobby and give me their cards during my 5 day stay and each one asked if there was something they could do for me. I know front desk staff recognized me since they nodded at me as I went in and out - I really felt welcomed and cared for. I decided to come back to this hotel as I passed through Bangalore 2 weeks later for a night before my international flight - and again they were great. GAve me a night at the same discounted (expedia) rate and arranged it verbally without requiring me to fill out forms or give a credit card. The only negatives I can think of were the taxi/airport transfer service which was needlessly expensive (much more to go back to the airport than the metered taxi I took on the way in, even when the traffic was much lighter) and the travel desk, which wasn't much help in Bangalore itself and wasn't able to issue a train ticket to Mysore when I needed one (though they did walk me down the street to a travel agent who issued the ticket for me). Overall, this was one of my favorite places in India - MUCH better than the huge 4 star hotel in New Delhi where service was mediocre and no one recognized me even after staying a week!

Room Tip: try for a room on the top floor where a quick walk up a flight of stairs will take you to the lovely...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

my friend and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate her birthday. The staff took it upon themselves, especially the chef, to surprise her with a birthday cake and everyone greeted her with a sincere happy birthday wish. We were treated like queens by the staff and the hotel is classy and clean and comfortable. We never had to open a door or carry anything up to our room (including leftovers from the delicious meals we had in the restaurant). Even the management came to say hello to us. The buffets are amazing and we ate all of our meals in the hotel restaurant because they were so good.
this is where I will stay whenever I am in Bangalore.

Room Tip: our room was so quiet that when it wasnt until i opened the window that i remembered i was in india
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends