“A delight”

Ranked #5 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Adelaide, Australia
“A delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I spend too much time in hotels. It is rare I will write a review as I am very fussy. This hotel has manage to exceed my expectations. Why? The incredible service! You will see it in other reviews. I thought yes more people after tips, with the American "I will be you waiter tonight". I was wrong the service is very genuine and caring. I mentioned to a lady in the lift one morning that I had not slept much due to work commitments. That afternoon returning from my office the GM asked me if there was anything he could do for me to help me sleep better. Late that night I was having a beer in the bar and the F&B Manager approached to say he was sorry that I had not been sleeping well. He asked if there was anything he could do, I jokingly replied that a B52 Shooter would help me sleep. He explained the bar did not have all the ingredients but he said he would see what he could do. He went to the kitchen and got Baileys from the Chef who uses it in a desert and then he came back to the bar and made the drink for me personally. Wow. The communication care and teamwork in the hotel is amazing. I felt like I was actually seeing what the business books say should happen but never does. By way the hotel is very clean as are the rooms and it is very well located. I will stay again. Now I need to learn how to bring my team here?

1 Thank Richard952013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Booked the hotel after tripadvisor's recommendation and it came up to be a complete successes. Everything was working perfectly as it is working in much exclusive hotels. Room was clean, specious, satellite programs are beating 5* hotels and huge advatage is position. Located in Saint Mark's road, close to many shops, shopping malls, restaurants is ideal when visiting time is limited.
I have been visiting many of most luxurious hotels, due to business reasons and I can really recommend the hotel and most likely because GM (Mr. Menon) is present on the reception several times during the day personally monitoring operations.
Of course, hotel is not Ritz Carlton, JW Marriot or Oberoy but for short business trip perfect solution and if your budget is not matching these three.
I was there with 5 clients (4 Afrikaans, 1 European) and all of them were satisfied. The food in the restaurant is matching the quality of the hotel so overall value for money is quite high.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here on business. It is a small, relaxed, friendly, high quality place to stay in the heart of Bangalore. It doesn't come with all the amenities of some of the larger hotels, but that isn't to detract from the excellent hotel, and if these things aren't important to you, you won't be disappointed in a stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,VP & GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time off to review us on TripAdvisor.We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us.

The city center location is certainly one of our biggest plus and thank you for your compliments on the excellent quality at the hotel along with the warm and friendly service.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at St Marks for 1 night before flying home. we were greeted by the friendly manager on arrival and this set the tone with all the staff being extremely helpful. Our flight was delayed by 18 hours and the subsequent service from the hotel staff, especially the restaurant was exceptional.
The food was fantastic with the chef producing a very inexpensive personal menu for us to try - it was great. Smiley Sumeet was the epitome of all the staff.
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Free wifi. The new roof terrace was pleasant with complimentary tea and coffee and views of the rooftops of Bangalore. Walking distance to a modern mall (UB city) and cheap transport to the sights.
All in all, thoroughly recommended.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently and we sincerely appreciate you posting such a marvelous review of us on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for giving us full marks on the overall quality of the hotel,the friendly service and excellent food. Chef Vimal and Sunil at the restaurant convey their regards to you for your compliments.It is comments like this that inspire us to give it our best constantly.

Thank you for your high recommendation of St.Mark's to fellow travelers and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Kenilworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

After 50 visits to Bangalore I tried St.Mark's Hotel. It strikes a good compromise between opulence and value. For a city centre hotel it remains untainted by the chaos and mess outside. Foyer, rooms, restaurant and service all well above average. Staff are well trained and unlike most Indian hotels I didn't have to ask for anything 3 times. Plumbing and electrics all seemed to work, the beds were comfy and rooms/AC quiet. Ticket prices are OK although the usual list of add-ons can inflate the final price significantly. The roof garden together with astro-turf is a nice touch. I will stay here again.
I rarely give a 5 but can't fault this hotel if you have to stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Higher is quieter
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and then for taking time off to post a fabulous review of our hotel to the benefit of the TripAdvisor community.

To get such a fantastic feedback from a seasoned traveler like you is indeed fulfilling! Your keen eye for excellence is very evident and I am very pleased that our team at the hotel left a lasting impression on you. We do take extreme care to ensure that the hotel as a whole fulfills every requirement of a business traveler.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the privilege of being your favourite hotel in Bangalore from now on.

kanpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

very nice hotel situated at good location. rooms are quite spacious , clean and so with the bathrooms attached thereto.staff is well trained and cooperative , soft spoken.room service is good. meals are very delicious

Room Tip: nice stay there
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,VP& GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for a short and sweet review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to note that you found the hotel excellent,at a great location with pleasing staff.Your compliments on the food has been conveyed to the kitchen team.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again some time soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. St Marks is a welcoming place, starting with the bright lobby, the efficient staff, and a great room. Breakfast is excellent, as is the general food in the restaurant and the room service. The location is super, UB City (which has some great dining options) and a couple of nice pubs/restaurants are within walking distance, and the business district of Bangalore is not too far either.

The only improvement I would like to see is in the health club, which was a bit small, and a machine was not working.

All in all, a great stay; I have already booked myself at St Marks Hotel for my next visit.

Room Tip: No specific suggestion - my room did not have a great view, but was otherwise excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,VP & GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for posting a fabulous review of us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that you loved the hotel and its "heart of the city" location.Your compliments on great food for breakfast and at the restaurant has been passed on to the kitchen team.

We have noted your comments on the gym at the hotel. We sincerely regret that one of the tread mills were switched off inadvertently,causing inconvenience to you.We have taken measures to avoid a repetition of the same.

Please be assured that we will do our best to make St.Mark's, your favourite hotel in Bangalore.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.