“OMG” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, United Kingdom
“OMG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

A product is only as good as the person delivering it. I was quite overwhelmed by the staff in this hotel. From the moment I arrived at the gate I was welcomed,welcomed,welcomed. Smiling staff seemed to be everywhere waiting to assist me. I needed to venture out and the concierge got me exactly where I needed to be. An amazing feat for somebody walking on foot in a city like Bangalore.
The food in the restaurant was delicious and again the staff were exceptional, willing to engage and explain food options.
The rooms were comfortable yet classy.
I loved, loved , loved this stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony R
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Tony,
Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us. I am delighted to know that everything was impeccable during your stay, especially with our ladies and gentlemen. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore very soon.
Best,
Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a fabulous way to spend my first wedding anniversary!!! The moment was such that an unexpressed wish had come true.

Right from the moment we entered the hotel to the check in followed by their service and check out everything was just perfect... The staff was simply outstanding with the legendary experience that they offered (The tag line they go by). The hotel is tastefully done keeping in mind the rich tradition of the country.

Though the hotel is located BANG on Residency Road (in the CBD of the city) once you enter it you would never realize the same as you would not hear a noise which has to be one of the USPs.

Coming to the room they are neatly done and the bed mattress, linens, drapes, bathrobes everything (Not to forget the view from the Top floor where our room was) add up to one of the experiences of lifetime.

For sure would be glad to come back and have your company!!!

Room Tip: Mention your preferences while placing your booking and be assured they would be taken care off!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnkurKacker
Dear Mr. Kacker,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed by the legendary service provided by our ladies and gentlemen. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best,
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

To Carry a name like Ritz Carlton on your shoulder can be serious pressure....you are new in city, have serious competition from all around,....... and work around ( at property ) is still getting final touches of finish.... Ritz Carlton has interesting setting and will be great address in Bangalore......, for now it's early days, But, it has promise.

We were at resturant " Market " : interesting concept, amazingly priced for Ritz Carlton...felt it was great value for money, with lovely setting, staff is young and is doing their best..coming months will be interesting, challenging, and rewarding...All the very best.

1 Thank sheshkulkarni
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Mr. Kulkarni,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you liked our all-day dining restaurant ‘The Market’. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just back from dinner at The Market at the Ritz - the first Ritz Carlton in India. Although parts of the hotel seem like they are work-in-progress the Market was a lovely surprise. The dinner buffet was extensive - most of which can be customised on request. We arrived and a gentleman - obviously one of the mgmt staff - asked how many we were and said he'd look into table availability and never came back. Before he left I mentioned discreetly to him that we were here to celebrate my husband's birthday.

Well we went through the entire dinner with super junior wait staff serving us and looking after our every need but the gentleman in question - was busy hovering around a foreigner couple's table and when he did come over once to ask how everything was he didn't wish my husband and we thought maybe he was keeping the surprise for the end, and didn't want to spoil it. Well no surprise ever came and we left without as much as a goodbye from him. I found out later that he is the manager of the restaurant - he received us, was told of the special occasion but was obviously busier with more "lucrative customers" to pay attention to a mere bday celebration. The junior wait staff could have been told that it was a bday but the lady who looked after us profusely apologised saying she wished she had known and and was so sorry that we had to leave without a celebration. Definitely expected more from a senior staff member at a Ritz Carlton - Not going back there again for sure!! Ruined what could have been a perfectly good evening....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank permaj
Dear Permaj,

Thank you for bringing up your recent experience to my attention. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will contact you to understand and improve on this so that it is not repeated again. Thanking you once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel officially opened 3 weeks ago. You can tell the employees are still getting into the groove but they are doing a wonderful job.

From the moment you arrive and are warmly greeted by the front door staff (who remember your name when you return) to the employee that walks you to your room, to the iPads in the room where you can check out the hotel, order breakfast, and get a wakeup call, to the wonderfully appointed bathrooms, this hotel did not disappoint. I travel alot and stay in a lot of nice hotels. This one is very nice.

The bed linens may be the best I have ever had. So soft, so comfortable. Try for yourself! The towels are without doubt the best quality of any hotel I have ever stayed.

The sushi bar was excellent and fairly priced.

The location is excellent in the heart of the city yet set back from the road as I did not hear any outside noise.

I look forward to my return!

Room Tip: 16 is the top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lucycan
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Lucycan,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay and were impressed by the service of our ladies and gentlemen. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thanking you once again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Been to this Hotel on 11th November 2013 with my family for dinner buffet. The experience have been fantastic!!! :)
Pros : This property is in the middle of central business district of bangalore. I have passed trough this road atleast a thousand times but have never noticed construction activity, but read the news about opening the first Ritz Carlton in Bangalore and decided a dekho. I am not sure how did they carve this space out of the most busy road of Bangalore, yet very serene and quiet. Winter is setting in Bangalore and the setting was fantastic. The security check was quick and very pleasant unlike other places, wallet parking was quick as well and there was employee right on the entrance to guide you. Welcome!!!
Since we decided to have our dinner from the Market place in 3rd level, we straight away went to it. The place is very pleasant, very luxurious and top notch. We were taken to a tour of the buffet spread and though it wasn't a Sunday brunch, cant complain of the spread. There was someone always to take care of you.
The food quality was truly fantastic and I should say, similar in quality to the citrus in Leela palace Bangalore.

Cons: I felt the hotel under staffed, may be I am wrong. And even I sometime felt a little uncomfortable on the over attention we were receiving. No, I am not complaining here!!! :)

I should say the pleasantness of the staff, especially one Ms.Aruna who introduced as the Asst. Manager and the chap who took care of my table, both went beyond their call of duty to make us comfortable.

I believe other hotel have real competition now!!!

2 Thank Tobin T
vibhamittal, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed the dinner. Your comments for our ladies and gentlemen are very encouraging.

Again thank you for taking time to write about your experience. We highly appreciate it.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore.

Regards,