“Good stay”

Ranked #9 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“Good stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in Ritz Bangalore on 2nd Feb 14 for a night. As this was a week end trip, I called the hotel directly for booking and the reservation staff was very professional and co operating in their approach. As JW Marriott has also opened their hotel in Bangalore recently, I was figuring out where to stay and the response by Ritz was much superior. In fact, they called me to find out when I would be reaching the hotel and that I needed a car pick up from the airport etc.,The check in was done very briskly and was shown a room at the end of the corridor! The room size was neither big nor small considering the new class of hotels. But their bathroom was very elaborate with 2 washbasins, a bath tub, and a shower area!

I called 3 of my friends and we ordered room service. We found very limited choices in vegetarian varieties, but the waiter told us that he would check with the chef to make some alternate dishes not available in the menu. Really, the chef provided our choices! The food quality was quite above the normal level, not to say as the best! Then, we went to the coffee shop very late in the night and we had our dinner there. The staff there also helped us while we ordered the food as we did not opt for the buffet, which we saw was a very huge spread and we were not that hungry to go for that. The food quality was good. Next day, I had breakfast and the good part of the bf was that it contained several Indian options along with other usual fare. I had some meetings in the hotel itself and checked out at 2 pm with out checking the hotel's other facilities like their swimming pool, spa etc,

I will go again for this.

Room Tip: may be the corner rooms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that our ladies and gentlemen from reservations, front office and F&B were able to provide you personalized service to make your stay comfortable. I noted your comment about limited vegetarian choices in room service. We will look into this and include more vegetarian options. Your feedback assists us in our continuing efforts to be the #1 provider of luxury service and experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and experience our other facilities.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had to plan a client site visit to Bangalore and had to make sure my client events went off without any glitches. I chose the Ritz because of their renowned services. Surely, the Ritz team in Bangalore did not disappoint as they were an extension of my local team who were very professional. I was always assisted before each client event with at least one manager.

The property was beautiful and an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our company has several offices in the city and when we return to the hotel at the end of the day, both our client and my team welcomed the treat to be staying there. Originally, the client had requested to stay at another local, opulent hotel in town which I will not mention here but their comments was that they are definitely not complaining as they enjoyed their stay at The Ritz Carlton on this site visit.

With all the additional assistance that I received from the hotel, I will definitely recommend this hotel for both business and leisure. I will let my US colleagues know that they will be in good hands at the Ritz Carlton in Bangalore. I look forward to return to visit the rooftop bar that has not yet opened and the cafe and shops that are still in progress. One last comment is that their breakfast buffet is fantastic with great dim sum served as well. I have lived in Hong Kong so, I have tasted great dim sum..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Jackie,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful account of your stay with us, we appreciate your time in posting it on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a comfortable stay and our ladies and gentlemen were able to assist you in client visits. I appreciate your comments on the breakfast buffet and yes, we serve the best dim sum in town. I will keep you posted on the opening of our rooftop bar.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends in the near future.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was on a business trip to Bangalore last week with my wife and we decided to check out the Ritz Carlton for a change. Having been in the hospitality industry for some years and constructing a premium hotel ourselves Mrs Sona and me are keen observers of how "good hotels" function. The in depth knowledge of construction materials to quality of furnishings & fixtures to the quality of service to the authenticity of the food served etc etc help us to truly understand where each property stands.

Nothing escapes the eyes of Mrs Sona Bennett. To me and to her the Ritz Carlton has the best service team that we have ever experienced anywhere in the world. They function like a perfectly integrated unit , constantly coordinating with each other ,( visible only to the trained eye,) exquisite in their manners and above all carry an air of genuine desire to be with you . A big contrast to the "mechanical ways" we have come to expect from high end hotels.

The cuisine too is elaborate and out of this world and to borrow Sona's own words the " Lasooni Palak " she had was the best ever . It is some achievement for the chef because she comes from the Lasooni Palak country-Punjab. We loved the breakfast and dinner at the club lounge. It is important for guests to opt for rooms which have the club lounge facilities -there are a handful of them- included in the room tariff.

Though we were booked to travel by the hotel's Innova MPV , they took care to provide us with a M.Benz C-class when the Innova was said to have developed a light problem. I must say that the transport section is another wing that works like-there is no other word-clock work. Things are so well coordinated that as you walk down the slightly long passage to the porch the car appears from no where and you are almost walking in to the car without a break in the step. They really make you feel on top of the world. And the chauffeur Farook..he is an asset to any institution. I would have hired him then and there if I could.

The ambiance of the hotel is further accentuated by the number of bright, colorful paintings on display which we were really fascinated about. Some of them lacked depth we felt.

On the flip side we found that the bath rooms were not exactly very user friendly and some essential fixtures were missing or not intuitive to operate. Nothing so bad that you cannot live with. Just that it could have been better. The neatness in general is right up there with the best.
Over all we had a fantastic time at the Ritz and would certainly be back there whenever on a trip to Bangalore. Recommended to all who want to be Ritzed..!

Room Tip: book rooms with free club lounge access
1 Thank SonaBennett
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your stay with us. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding team of ladies and gentlemen. I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

Our F&B is getting rave reviews from all our guests which is very encouraging. The Club Lounge which is a hotel within a hotel is my favourite too with the six food and beverage presentations daily.

I love reading reviews like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore for two nights and was very happy with my experience. The property is excellent, and the location on Residency Road is very central and convenient. The staff were very polite, courteous and helpful, and this was especially noticeable because there was heavy conference traffic at the time and so they had many guests to attend to. The conference facilities are absolutely top-notch. Rooms are extremely well-appointed and clean. Of the Bangalore hotels I have stayed in, this is the best by far.

A word of advice for first-time visitors: Although the hotel is very spacious, the entry to the driveway is somewhat narrow and easily missed, and perhaps because it is a relatively new hotel, many taxi drivers don't seem to know where it is. It would make sense to look up the general location on Google Maps beforehand, and remember that the closest landmark that taxi drivers will recognize is "Cash Pharmacy" on Residency Road.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our food and beverage. Our ladies and gentlemen strive at all times to provide service excellence and your feedback is very encouraging for us. I have taken a note of the cab drivers not being very familiar with the location, we will see what best we can do to address this. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at the Ritz while I was in Bangalore for business Feb 2-5. I must say that the service at the hotel was simply amazing, probably the best part of the stay and the main reason while I would go back. Nothing was too much to ask for, and the staff was always willing and able to help - from opening restaurants 1/2 hour early to accommodate us, or working with the airlines to get our boarding passes. The restaurants on site were great, the bars were very nice, the workout facility was good and the location is prime. I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Bangalore either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay at the hotel. Our ladies and gentlemen strive at all times to provide service excellence and your feedback is very encouraging for us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is lavish and very hospitable staff - Rooms are comfortable. Food served is very good. It is value for money although very expensive as it is once a lifetime experience. Very good service and recommended for leisure travel !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with the Trip Advisory community. I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent Roganjosh third time in a row. Wonder how the chef gets it exactly right every time ??

The quantity of succulent lamb is more than any other 5 star property i have had at and they serve it with a portion of Indian Bread. Service is awesome and Akshay Chonkar - Restaurant Manager and his crew are doing a great job.

Looking forward to visit again soon with family

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Paddy,

Thank you for sharing your very kind comments on The Market on TripAdvisor with us! Roganjosh is my favourite dish too! We take pride in maintaining consistency so that our guest receive the experience they expect from us every single time. Thank you your feedback on Akshay and his team, we will ensure they are recognized for providing excellent guest service.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family very soon!