“February Trip”

Ranked #9 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Atlanta, Georgia
“February Trip”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I spent 8 days at the Ritz in Bangalore. The facilities were outstanding and the staff was attentive to everything I could possibly need. I will definitely be staying here for all of my future trips. The hotel took care of all of my transportation arrangements which also made my stay but easier. I didn't use the spa facilities which the only reason I did not score that part of the trip.

1 Thank Chad D
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Chad,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the Trip Advisor community. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests. It is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 February 2014

To start with great help from Neha from their reservations even with some changes in our travel plans she convinced us to stay at Ritz . Stunning new hotel feels like a contemporary art resort with great art works and serene ambience. Best staff we have seen in a while ,amazing spa and pool .Aspirey amenities and fretted linen such an indulgence . Çlub level experience is amazing with a great views across the city.

Room Tip: Go clublevel 15
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Preeti P
Dear Preeti,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor! The Club Level is one of my favorite experiences at the hotel too and I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our ladies and gentlemen. We will provide recognition to Neha for her commitment to service. We have a collection of 1,280 art pieces from Indian and international artists which are hugely appreciate by our guests. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a little 'Stacation' on our wedding anniversary in 29-Jan-2014. I had planned this as a surprise for my wife and the room reservations team at this hotel made every bit possible by planning every bit of the day in detail with me. My special thanks go out to Neha at the reservations team who called me up regularly in the previous week to plan out the day and made several suggestions.
1. As soon as I walked in to the hotel, I was greeted on our wedding anniversary by the staff. It appeared as if everyone in the hotel knew that it was our special day.
2. The room reservations team planned a special cake cutting ceremony by the pool in the evening and gifted us a collage
3. The most memorable part was they let me inside their kitchen and I cooked for my wife (of course guided by the chef ). They gifted me a personal apron with my name written on it.

Such a personalized service is rarely available these days. Talk about mass customization/personalization!
Rest of the property, rooms, overall architecture of the building does make you feel special. Thumbs up to the courteous service and hospitality and I sincerely hope that you folks continue making your guests’ days special.
We left the place with a big ‘money-well-worth-spent’ smile on our face.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PradneshD
Dear Pradnesh,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful, detailed account of your stay with us. We appreciate your time in posting it on Trip Advisor. It gives us great pleasure to create memories for our guests no matter what the occasion may be.

Our ladies and gentlemen strive at all times to provide service excellence and your feedback is very encouraging for us. We will recognize Neha for a job well done.

It was our pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward to creating more memories for you in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at this stunning hotel on 17th Feb 2014 (for 1 night).

The hotel offers complimentary Wifi across the hotel which is great. It also has state of the art facilities such as In-Room iPad, Great bath amenities and Tivoli radio.

The Hotel has well trained and very helpful staff.

This really was an awesome experience.

Well Done.

1 Thank machado96
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests. It is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our hotel and the ladies and gentlemen. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This week was my second stay at this property since it opened last November. It seems it just keeps getting better! I was able to use the spa, the pool, the many bars, and several of the restaurants. All were superb with world class service. I also opted for the club lounge and its a whole other level of satisfaction! Its clear that the management of this property know what they are doing as everyone I interacted with was friendly, prepared, and excellent.

This is the finest hotel I've seen in India, by a wide margin. Also one of the nicest anywhere.

I very much look forward to my return.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a lovely review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs and you enjoyed our facilities and amenities. I feel very fortunate to work with the finest ladies and gentlemen in hospitality. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in Ritz Bangalore on 2nd Feb 14 for a night. As this was a week end trip, I called the hotel directly for booking and the reservation staff was very professional and co operating in their approach. As JW Marriott has also opened their hotel in Bangalore recently, I was figuring out where to stay and the response by Ritz was much superior. In fact, they called me to find out when I would be reaching the hotel and that I needed a car pick up from the airport etc.,The check in was done very briskly and was shown a room at the end of the corridor! The room size was neither big nor small considering the new class of hotels. But their bathroom was very elaborate with 2 washbasins, a bath tub, and a shower area!

I called 3 of my friends and we ordered room service. We found very limited choices in vegetarian varieties, but the waiter told us that he would check with the chef to make some alternate dishes not available in the menu. Really, the chef provided our choices! The food quality was quite above the normal level, not to say as the best! Then, we went to the coffee shop very late in the night and we had our dinner there. The staff there also helped us while we ordered the food as we did not opt for the buffet, which we saw was a very huge spread and we were not that hungry to go for that. The food quality was good. Next day, I had breakfast and the good part of the bf was that it contained several Indian options along with other usual fare. I had some meetings in the hotel itself and checked out at 2 pm with out checking the hotel's other facilities like their swimming pool, spa etc,

I will go again for this.

Room Tip: may be the corner rooms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that our ladies and gentlemen from reservations, front office and F&B were able to provide you personalized service to make your stay comfortable. I noted your comment about limited vegetarian choices in room service. We will look into this and include more vegetarian options. Your feedback assists us in our continuing efforts to be the #1 provider of luxury service and experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and experience our other facilities.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had to plan a client site visit to Bangalore and had to make sure my client events went off without any glitches. I chose the Ritz because of their renowned services. Surely, the Ritz team in Bangalore did not disappoint as they were an extension of my local team who were very professional. I was always assisted before each client event with at least one manager.

The property was beautiful and an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our company has several offices in the city and when we return to the hotel at the end of the day, both our client and my team welcomed the treat to be staying there. Originally, the client had requested to stay at another local, opulent hotel in town which I will not mention here but their comments was that they are definitely not complaining as they enjoyed their stay at The Ritz Carlton on this site visit.

With all the additional assistance that I received from the hotel, I will definitely recommend this hotel for both business and leisure. I will let my US colleagues know that they will be in good hands at the Ritz Carlton in Bangalore. I look forward to return to visit the rooftop bar that has not yet opened and the cafe and shops that are still in progress. One last comment is that their breakfast buffet is fantastic with great dim sum served as well. I have lived in Hong Kong so, I have tasted great dim sum..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Jackie,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful account of your stay with us, we appreciate your time in posting it on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a comfortable stay and our ladies and gentlemen were able to assist you in client visits. I appreciate your comments on the breakfast buffet and yes, we serve the best dim sum in town. I will keep you posted on the opening of our rooftop bar.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends in the near future.