“Excellent Food Service and Rooms”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore
Ranked #8 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food Service and Rooms”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This property lives up to hype, staff are friendly but not overly so. Food quality and variety was great and the rooms were very comfortable. The layout is a bit strange but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to get around the hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Bkkbase,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, our amenities and our service for which the brand stands for. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveller like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore for five nights and had a fantastic experience. The staff is always helpful, whether it be with recommendations outside of the hotel, providing transportation around Bangalore, or help in the gym. You also get free pressing for five items upon arrival which was particularly helpful for me since my suits were wrinkled in the flight to Bangalore. The Riwaz served incredible Indian cuisine, so incredible that my colleagues and I returned on numerous occasions during our short stay. While I didn't use the pool, it's beautiful. The rooms themselves were spacious with clean, comfortable beds. To the extent you have the time for a massage, I had the best massage I've had while staying at the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore. I would strongly recommend this hotel, whether for business or pleasure. We'll certainly be back.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room that has access to the club lounge on the 15th floor. The lounge i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear lsoder3,

Thank you for sharing the lovely account of your stay at the hotel with the TripAdvisor community. The facilities that we provide are keeping the convenience of the business travelers in mind as we strive to be your “home away from home”. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the north-west frontier cuisine at Riwaz. Chef Ramandeep is exceptional and serves exceptional food and we have been getting rave reviews for this restaurant. I will share your compliments with the spa and F&B teams.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It has been a thorough royalty at Ritz Carlton. Right from the grand entry, lobby and the room -- the attention to detail is definitely worth mentioning. It is conveniently located in the centre of the city and is accessible to various important meeting places. Though, the property being new, most of the Cab Services have a tough time figuring it out.

With a personalized service, characteristic of RC Properties, the Hotel offers a great experience. The restaurant The Market is worth a mention, and offers a wide variety of cuisine choices, be it dinner buffet or at the breakfast. The Chinese Restaurant spaced over 3 floors is good place to hangout with your friends - I loved the Dim Shums there.

Though, it is a bit overpriced in comparison to other properties in the neighborhood, Ritz Carlton is worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, and if you happen to be a Club Member, you will be able to seek the higher on...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Abhijith_Jayanthi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your review! A great deal of attention has gone into the design and architecture of the hotel and service of our ladies and gentlemen is what the brand stands for. I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. The Market and the Lantern have become very popular with our guests in a very short time. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

Kind regards
Chennai
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was on a business trip for 7 days and the service is extraordinary. Started of right when I got off the car and until I left the hotel. Everyday they would greet me by name and they had wonderful staff to help. Breakfast was great and they have nice restaurant options as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Pak 101,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back very soon to The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore.

Kind regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, extraordinary rooms, a great rate...here's the skinny. Brand new hotel that really tries and succeeds in some areas. Pros: Greeting at drop-off, size and conveniences in room, GREAT linens, friendly wait staff, well-equipped gym and more. Cons: no recognition of Marriott status, inconsistent food quality, intermittent loss of water, little greenery to enjoy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Theron T,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you liked our hotel and the service provided by our ladies and gentlemen. however, i am disappointed to learn about your experience in terms of food and loss of water supply and would like to sincerely apologize for that. This is certainly not indicative of the level of service that we strive to achieve and I will discuss the matter with my team.

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind regards
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The first Ritz Carlton hotel in India in our very own Bangalore. Not to be missed opportunity ,to savor the legendary Ritz service quality and hospitality !

The interiors are lavish yet classy. An understated charm and elegance greets you as you enter. The rooms have wood panelled floors ,lending a continental ambiance.

Absolutely sound proof rooms, so there is no disturbance at all, although the hotel is right in the middle of the city.

A lot of attention has been given to small details in the rooms ,like having switches fro the drapes which help to pull them on without having to move out and struggling with massive curtains,like most hotels. I found this very interesting!

The spa is a must try and so are the sit outs by the swimming pool ,which are unique

Now for the food. The food at the bar could do with more variety and taste. The main restaurant ,The Market had a great spread, especially for breakfast. Try the eggs Benedict, very very authentic stuff. We complimented the chef there and I must do so again ,because it is always tricky to the right consistency for this dish.

Desserts are great, Indian dishes could improve. I would suggest to try only continental stuff .

Don't miss the afternoon high tea. Try the smoky Ceylon tea, among others. Buttery scones, little pies ,assorted cakes and muffins ,all from Enid Blyton books! This is one of the specialties of this place

The view from the top floors are good as we can see the whole of Bangalore. However, the lower floors do not have much of a view ,due to the location of the hotel itself.

Service is good ,the staff needs to be more trained in small courtesies and responses, as, after all they represent a gigantic brand. Can't afford to slip there. Its been only six months since they opened.

Do visit this place, for a great Ritz experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the top floor. Other rooms do not have a good view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Leena,

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful account of your experience with us on Trip Advisor. As you rightly mentioned that the hotel is centrally located, the streets are always buzzing with activity through the day. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, our amenities and our service, which the brand is known for.

Our culinary team is led by Executive Chef Anupam Banerjee. He will be thrilled to know about your kind comments and recommendations about our food and beverage offerings. As The Market is our All-day-dining venue that specializes in global cuisine, I would like to welcome you to visit our Indian specialty fine dining restaurant ‘Riwaz’ which has received great reviews from our guests. I have also made a note of your feedback on the staff training and will share the same with the operations team.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a Guest, a special person and a VVIP staying at Ritz Carlton. I was doing the reservations and the people there were very helpful, supportive and provided what best they could. More so, they delivered what they had promised and overall it was a wonderful experience to have such a guest staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Gopal,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. It is the service commitment of our ladies and gentlemen that the brand stands for and I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. I will also convey your message to the reservations team and once again take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore.

Best