“Outstanding Comfort and Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore

The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore
Ranked #11 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Comfort and Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave the experience here is outstanding. The staff is outstanding and totally focused on making sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. They are extremely helpful and totally focused on service. It is a fantastic hotel. One of the best I have stayed in over the past few years while traveling in Asia.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mike D
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel and our service for which the brand stands for. As you mentioned our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional and they go the extra mile to ensure that our guests are comfortable and provide personalized service. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I visited the hotel this week for a highly exclusive event. While the hotel interiors were as good as any other new 5 star property, I felt that it was a very badly planned property. Beginning with the entrance, it is a highly inconvenient one, which leads to a huge pile on the main arterial road, leading to traffic jams. Next the driveway to the lobby entrance is extremely narrow (just 2 lanes) with cars parked on both sides. This is definitely not expected from a newly constructed 5-star hotel which should have plenty of underground parking. This kind of build up is very visually unappealing. Next, the number of staff is evidently limited, as we had to wait 10 min to get a valet to attend to us. The lobby entrance was unimpressive and not upto the usual ritz carlton standards world over. The concierge staff was helpful and attentive leading us to our comfortable and newly done up rooms. The food however, is extremely average. The paneer was not tasty at all and the dal was served cold to us. When I asked the waiter to serve us a bring us a portion of spring rolls, it was never brought to us even after repeated reminders. The fresh lime water smelt like chlorine. The desserts were absolutely pathetic. I was unable to even eat the red velvet cake. Overall, the dining experience was very very unappetizing. This being said, we enjoyed the luxurious bathrooms and rooms a lot. While leaving the hotel premises, the valet region was complete was complete chaos. We had to wait 40 minutes to get our car. The valets were absolutely clueless and were unable to help us at all. We were finally forced to speak to a superior to get our car. Another badly designed aspect is the fact that the nightclub entrance is almost at the same place as the hotel lobby. This led to an additional crowd outside the entrance full of people waiting to enter the club. So while we were waiting for our car were we suffocating the cigarette smell. Also, once we got our car, it took us another 10 minutes to drive from the hotel lobby to the hotel gate, because we were obstructed by people getting off their cars at the nightclub entrance. Overall, it was not a pleasant experience and I definitely recommend the other 5 star hotels in Bangalore which are equally luxurious and much better planned and have better food.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor for a view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Plush-Escapes
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Plush-Escapes,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments about our hotel design and also bringing to my attention some of the challenges and also positive thoughts and comments you had while in our hotel. As the leader of the hotel, please know your comments are being taken seriously and we will evaluate all your points, with corrective action, where ever possible with the intention of delivering the service commitment we pride ourselves on as a hotel and company.

While it is difficult to change the hotel design or traffic patterns at this point, we will most certainly focus on and review the valet operations especially during our very busy Friday and Saturday evenings. For our food and beverage, I will appreciate an opportunity to speak to you for more detailed feedback so that we can improve with your suggestions. I can be reached at +91 80 4914 8002.

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The best part of this hotel is staff. Within 2 days every employee I interacted with new my name. They were all incredibly friendly and accommodating to any need that I had. The hotel is immaculate (as it is quite new). The place is a bit pricy, but I guess that's what it cost to get chocolates placed in your room and fresh flowers in every hallway.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear BraundoFlexwell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. Service of our ladies and gentlemen is what the brand stands for and I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Ritz Carlton Bangalore for 3 nights and 4 days recently. The experience from the bell desk, check in, house keeping, restaurant services and food was exceptional .
The location in the centre of town was extremely convenient., the food at the restaurants was amazing and the staff extremely courteous and efficient.
Thank you team Ritz Carlton Bangalore for an amazing stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Shippi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, food, the amenities and our service for which the brand stands for. As you mentioned our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional and I am privileged to be a part of this team. I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This property lives up to hype, staff are friendly but not overly so. Food quality and variety was great and the rooms were very comfortable. The layout is a bit strange but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to get around the hotel. I would definitely return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Bkkbase,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, our amenities and our service for which the brand stands for. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveller like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore for five nights and had a fantastic experience. The staff is always helpful, whether it be with recommendations outside of the hotel, providing transportation around Bangalore, or help in the gym. You also get free pressing for five items upon arrival which was particularly helpful for me since my suits were wrinkled in the flight to Bangalore. The Riwaz served incredible Indian cuisine, so incredible that my colleagues and I returned on numerous occasions during our short stay. While I didn't use the pool, it's beautiful. The rooms themselves were spacious with clean, comfortable beds. To the extent you have the time for a massage, I had the best massage I've had while staying at the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore. I would strongly recommend this hotel, whether for business or pleasure. We'll certainly be back.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room that has access to the club lounge on the 15th floor. The lounge i...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear lsoder3,

Thank you for sharing the lovely account of your stay at the hotel with the TripAdvisor community. The facilities that we provide are keeping the convenience of the business travelers in mind as we strive to be your “home away from home”. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the north-west frontier cuisine at Riwaz. Chef Ramandeep is exceptional and serves exceptional food and we have been getting rave reviews for this restaurant. I will share your compliments with the spa and F&B teams.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

It has been a thorough royalty at Ritz Carlton. Right from the grand entry, lobby and the room -- the attention to detail is definitely worth mentioning. It is conveniently located in the centre of the city and is accessible to various important meeting places. Though, the property being new, most of the Cab Services have a tough time figuring it out.

With a personalized service, characteristic of RC Properties, the Hotel offers a great experience. The restaurant The Market is worth a mention, and offers a wide variety of cuisine choices, be it dinner buffet or at the breakfast. The Chinese Restaurant spaced over 3 floors is good place to hangout with your friends - I loved the Dim Shums there.

Though, it is a bit overpriced in comparison to other properties in the neighborhood, Ritz Carlton is worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, and if you happen to be a Club Member, you will be able to seek the higher on...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Abhijith_Jayanthi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your review! A great deal of attention has gone into the design and architecture of the hotel and service of our ladies and gentlemen is what the brand stands for. I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. The Market and the Lantern have become very popular with our guests in a very short time. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.