“Luxurious”

London, United Kingdom
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Absolutely fantastic.
One is treated like Royalty. Out of a three night stay, on only one occasion did I feel I not feel that.
Perhaps the top City hotel in India.
Has two of India's top chefs.
We attended a Grand function & it was outstanding-food, service, organization.
Fitness centre is also superb-Tammy is so professional.
My only gripes were the Freezing cold AC & the pocket scorching taxi service.

Room Tip: Club floor if it's on offer
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Hooray H,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with the Trip Advisor community. I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality and personalized service. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our ladies and gentlemen. I will recognize Tammy for providing excellent guest service. I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind regards

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ritz Carlton is the place to organise your events when you want to make your event class apart. It is an excellent place to stay and be when you are in a complete mood to experience true luxury. Very helpful and courteous staff. Before you even realise that you need help they are there. Right from booking the place to checking out every step is so smooth. Rohit Khanna from the sales was a great help in everything from booking the events to organizing them completely. He just makes it like a cake walk. Highly recomended!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear events_travel,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on our event facilities with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted to learn that your event was seamless and you enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback like your is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen, I will recognize Rohit for providing excellent guest service.

Once again, I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Ritz-carlton for a all day summit, hotel has a grand entrance , hotel is located in the heart of Bangalore. The car park however is dingy and there is no elevator access to the underground parking. The hotel has high set ceiling with grand chandelier. Staff are courteous , conference rooms are well equipped . Lunch was Jst about OK , nothing good just bland food with some simple desert.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Zapperjapper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I have taken a note of your comment on the parking space and I would like to inform you that we are working on elevator access from the parking. However, I am glad you liked the hotel, our service and the banquet space. I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I are fortunate to have traveled extensively over the years having stayed at properties as diverse as the Four Seasons Bali, Le Sirenuese in Positano, St. Regis Bora Bora, all of the Explora lodges in South America and countless Ritz Carltons in the US and overseas. However, this is my first ever review of a property which I felt compelled to write after my recent stay in June. I, along with two other work colleagues, spent a week in club level rooms. As a RC Rewards member, I was entitled to a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite - the room was overwhelming spacious and luxurious. There are several well-appointed common areas within the hotel, all of which invite the traveler to sit down with groups of friends/colleagues to relax in the luxurious surroundings. We ate at all of the restaurants and enjoyed room service as well. The food and dining experience were so satisfying that we felt no urge to ever venture outside the hotel. But what really made the hotel stand out were the staff. From the moment you step out of your car, you are met with courteous, attentive staff with welcoming smiles. From top to bottom, the staff were so kind and welcoming that after just a couple of nights, we found ourselves referring to the hotel as "home" to our local Indian colleagues. Special kudos to the GM, Shane Krige, who took the time from his obviously busy schedule to introduce himself and speak with us on a couple of occasions. As the first ever Ritz in India, he's done an impressive job of recreating the experience of a luxury 5 diamond resort within a business hotel. On our next trip to Bangalore, my colleagues and I are now considering bringing our wives and children because we know they would be well taken care of by Shane and his staff. Bravo! (Joseph D, NYC)

2 Thank Joseph-in-NYC
Dear Joseph-in-NYC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, our amenities and our service for which the brand stands for. As you mentioned our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional and I am privileged to be a part of this team. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveler like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the club lounge level on the 15th floor. The hotel is brand new with great rooms and excellent bathrooms. The entrance is kind of confusing as we expected a lobby as we entered the hotel but was instead taken to an elevator. The Lobby is actually on the 3rd floor. We were taken to the 15th floor, made to relax in the club lounge with coffee and cold drinks while we checked in. The best part about this hotel are the staff. Very courteous, attentive, friendly and they did their best to take care of all our needs. We were very impressed by the Lounge Supervisor who found out that my daughter needed a 110v converter for her game console and promptly got it purchased and placed in the room as none was available in the hotel. Everyone knew us by our name. We had a choice of eating breakfast at the 3rd floor restaurant or in the 15th floor club lounge. The breakfast buffet on the 3rd floor Market restaurant was excellent. Breakfast consisted of everything under the sun and was fresh made to order, including Dim Sum. couldn't ask for more. The location of the hotel is fantastic, it is on Residency road near St Marks road and we could walk to various places to dine like 'Church Street special', Smoke house deli, UB City (got a ride from the hotel for that one). We walked to shopping areas, Brigade Road etc. Location is a distinct advantage over Leela Palace. specially when you have family and kids with you. Also service at Ritz was head and shoulders above Leela Palace as the service there nowadays seems to be complacent and going downhill. Ritz also has a great gym and the gym instructor went out of his way to create a exercise chart for me. The only negatives I could think of was the pool, which is a long lap pool on the 5th floor and is kind of useless. All in all, a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Residency road
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear TravelCarzy33,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your review! As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our hotel and the ladies and gentlemen. I am thrilled to learn that we could assist your daughter with the converter and make her happy. I feel very fortunate to work with a team of extraordinary ladies and gentlemen in hospitality.

Our location, as you rightly said, is very central and most of the shopping and dining is in and around this area which is a huge convenience for our guests.

We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just returned from a week long trip to Bangalore and stayed the entire time here. Everyone of the staff is courteous, attentive, and looking to make you comfortable. The team in the club lounge did everything possible to ensure our comfort and enjoyment. They were very attentive, remembered a food allergy I had, and made sure that I did not have any issues. I would gladly return any time I am in Bangalore. My only feedback or request would be to heat the pool, it was unbelievably cold considering the outside temperature and expand the beer list. Thank you again.

1 Thank jdeutsch
Dear jdeutsch,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted by your review, Club Lounge is my favourite area in the hotel and the ladies and gentlemen there are truly exceptional. They go the extra mile to ensure our guests are comfortable and provide bespoke service. I have taken a note on your feedback on the pool and the beer list.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave the experience here is outstanding. The staff is outstanding and totally focused on making sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. They are extremely helpful and totally focused on service. It is a fantastic hotel. One of the best I have stayed in over the past few years while traveling in Asia.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mike D
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel and our service for which the brand stands for. As you mentioned our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional and they go the extra mile to ensure that our guests are comfortable and provide personalized service. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.