“Best in Bangalore”

Ranked #9 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chicago, IL
“Best in Bangalore”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall, the Ritz is a great hotel. I'm on the road 180 days a year so I tend to spot issues quicker than most people. Having said that, staff is terrific. The facility is beautiful but the GC needs to finish the punch list of items that most regular Ritz guests will notice. This is a gold plated brand and the expectations are super high. The GM, Shane, is a great guy. He's doing his best in a market that can't be easy to manage in.

Food was good. Nothing amazing. Quality was good. I felt like I could eat anything they served or provided. Spa was terrific. I used it twice and had great experiences.

Rooms are beautiful. Super clean, large and comfortable.

I have to go many times a year and this will be the place I stay at going forward. (If my Travel Department lets me!)

Room Tip: High Floors away from elevators
2 Thank ktellison
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear ktellison,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel and the service for which the brand stands for. Our wellness floor is a world class facility and is one of the best in India. I am glad you enjoyed it. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveler like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my second trip to Bangalore for work. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton this second trip (1st time I stayed at the Taj Vivanta... Another 5 star hotel). The level of service at the Ritz has been impeccable... Far exceeding my expectations. Whenever I needed to request something there was always someone willing to bend over backwards to get it done for me, and this was all for no gratuity as well. I have not been able to fault it. To put it in perspective, even the staff who I had not met knew my name before I was introduced and were willing to assist with whatever I needed. One of the staff even went and sourced a particular Bangalore Scotch for me which I was wanting to buy as a present to take home for someone.

I stayed in a club level room and I highly recommend this room, 1. For the service and the club room lounge facilities, ie. drinks and food throughout the day with evening drinks from the bar; and 2. For the little extra comfort and niceties you get from this room.

The facilities at the hotel are as expected of a 5 star hotel....
1. Multiple restaurants with fine dining or casual and all food of a very good standard. I recommend eating at Riwaz as this is speciality Indian and very very good.
2. The gym and spa facilities are first rate. All new state of the art gym equipment including a personal trainer if you so chose (no charge for this). I had a 90 minute massage also and it was one of the best I've had.... And then I used the sauna, steam room, and hot pool for as long as I wanted after (NB: you can access these anytime you are staying at the hotel).
3. Room standard is of a high quality with a Nespresso and an iPad in room for your use, the bed was fantastically comfortable, and the bathroom was also very pleasant with a large shower and bath tub and all the toiletries/beauty products you come to expect of a 5 star hotel.

Overall a very very happy stay! One of the most memorable I've had for the service delivered. And for some comparison, I have stayed at the St Regis, Fairmont, Sofitel chains in the last 2 months and whilst all were very good and facilities were also above expectation, the service I have received at the Ritz has been a fair margin above. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 30 quid And go for the Deluxe Club Room over the Standard room. Ask for a room overl...
1 Thank AS-P996
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear AS-P996,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. Service of our ladies and gentlemen is what the brand stands for and I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

Kind regards
California, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels i have stayed in. Great service, nice decoration and useful facility. I tried also the spa and sauna and it was amazing. The staff was willing to help with any request. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is on vacation or business trip.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank h h
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear hh,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hospitality. The Ritz-Carlton Spa on the Wellness Floor is one of its type in India and I am glad you liked it. A lot of detailing has gone into the design and architecture of the hotel and I appreciate you taking note of it.

I once again thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great place to stay close to city. Doesn't have the palatial look of Leela or repo of Taj but for a new hotel it combines decor & class of Leela and back it up with service and staff who can compete with Taj,
At first you see a big tower in middle like any other but inside it definitely provides a good feel when you step in.
Great place for business or personal stay. Highly recommend it

2 Thank Sanjay B
Dear Sanjay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. As you mentioned, we are right in the heart of the city with plenty of options for business and leisure travelers. I am delighted to know that you liked our service which the brand is known for. Feedback like yours is very encouraging for our ladies and gentlemen and I sincerely thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Benguluru for a night. It's a new hotel owned by Nitesh Group and franchised to Ritz. The layout of the hotel is a bit strange. The check in lobby is on third floor. There was only one person at lobby desk. Though the checkin was quick, the lady took my card to block the stay amount. The strange part was she wanted me to sign the pre authorisation slip which I refused. There was no one to escort to the room. The room was reasonable size and done well. There was no bottle opener in the room. When I asked for one, it took 20 mins to send it to the room with a reminder call from my side. Looks like the hotel is short manned. There was a continuous low humming sound in the bathroom which was irritating. While the infrastructure and property is good and the staff are pleasant and smiling, the service delivery and quality of service needs improvement.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Sidharath_Kapur
Dear Mr. Kapur,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to know that we did not quite meet your expectations. I have made a note of your comments on your arrival experience and the in-room amenities and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please know that I truly appreciate your comments as they will help us to create better guest experience in the future.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in your future travel to Bangalore.

Kind regards

Morganton, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The staff here seems really genuine and will go out of the way to make you feel welcome and provide a first class experience. Food was excellent, location good, rooms very nice but can't say enough good things about the staff. Just amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Deborah,

I thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. Our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional and I am privileged to be a part of this team. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveler like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is really the best hotel I have ever been to.
The service was top notched.

All the staff was so polite, and they greet us every time they see us.
The room service was amazing as they prepared tiny surprises for us in the rooms with towel made puppies.

I also had a sore throat so I called for a honey lemon tea, they even recommended to add a herb to my tea, which was absolutely not needed, but they were so kind to offer! And i end up feeling better.

The food was good too, especially the egg benedict at breakfast, please try!
However, I would wish for more variety and changes in the breakfast daily or at least few times a week.

All in all, I wouldn't complain as I can't really find a flaw with this place.
It's just amazing.

Thank you for the awesome experience.

Room Tip: Even twin bed rooms have bigger beds than the usual ones. So do not worry about taking twin rooms.
Dear CYL,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is very gratifying for me to read such kind comments of appreciation for our ladies and gentlemen who always strive to provide the finest personalized service and genuine care to our guests. I am privileged to be a part of this team. I have made a note of your feedback about the breakfast and will share it with Chef Anupam Banerjee.

I thank you once again for your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.