“Proprietor & CEO”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore
Ranked #10 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A luxury hotel with impeccable service standards and having a Spa that's truly superb and amazing .
The quality and choice on its F&B is awesome with an ambience not visible in any hotels in this city of its class . Seeing is believing and experiencing it it something worth the effort to all biz and leisure travellers .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Povaiah
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Povaiah,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your review! As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was excited to be visiting THE only Ritz in India.
Honestly, the property is fab...but my view......they do not look ready yet. I am seeing gaps in very many areas. Genuinely disappointed.

Property - 5/5 - Lovely ambience and fab property.
Location - 4/5 - Bang on. On residency road. Simply fantastic.
Access - 3/5 - Tough to find the right sized land on residency road. I am sure the hotel has done their best to fit a classy looking building in the available space. However, once you enter the hotel inside it is a bit clumsy and confusing where the reception is.
Room amenities - 3/5 - Ipad for room controls in the room was in a hang mode. Never worked.
Communication - 2/5 - I was told breakfast was served till 1130 hrs. Having landed in the morning I reached the hotel, freshened up and went for breakfast at 1120 hrs. I was told they wind up at 1100 hrs and half the stuff was already wrapped up. People were busy getting things ready for lunch.....so was almost on my own with one person handling my requests in between his own chores. There were 1 or 2 things which i ordered initially but looking at the reception, did not bother to ask again....and the same did not even come on it's own. No information flow within people changing shifts at front desk. After all this experience, while checking out early morning, i was very politely asked to rate the stay on Trip Advisor.
Guest information - 1/5 - Having made a prior reservation, the folks at the Club Lounge had no clue of my Marriott Gold status. Atleast, a pretty but 'not so confident' lady at the time of check-in seemed to be unaware.
Spa Services - 1/5 - Fantastic shoulder and head massage but with choked drainage in the shower room, absence of helper in the changing room area when required, steam room ceiling leaking with hot water just wipe away all what is good at the hotel. This is a Hazard. Unacceptable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank chochweet
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear chochweet,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. My apologies for the situation that occurred during breakfast, spa and in the Club Lounge! This is certainly not a norm at our hotel and is not reflective of the service that we strive to provide to our guests.
We assure you that we will investigate and continue to invest in and improve the quality of our performance to the level you would expect from a luxury hotel.

We regret that your stay at the hotel did not make a good impression on you, but I hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues with you to ensure improved services and to prevent something like this from happening again. I can be reached at +91 80 4914 8002.

I thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As the brand name would imply, expectations are usually high for any of the Ritz locations. As a new, less than one year old property, The Ritz Bangalore is setting the standard for what Ritz Carlton's of the future should be. From the Club Level check in on the 15th floor to the highly improved furnishings(where no detail seems to be overlooked), to the impeccable service throughout the property, this Ritz hasn't missed a beat. Many thanks go out to Guest Relations Manager, Kavita Muthanna, and her entire staff as they made me feel warm and welcome during my entire 3 night stay. While I have heard great things about other properties in Bangalore, I'm certain that the new, Ritz Carlton Bangalore, with it's great rooms and fantastic service, will be taking more than its fair share of guests from those properties. Thanks to all at the Ritz for making my stay a memorable one.

1  Thank Scbrown2860
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Scbrown2860,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. As you rightly said, being the Ritz-Carlton, expectations from us are really high and I am delighted to know that you are pleased with the experience.

Feedback like your is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen, I will recognize Kavita and her team for providing excellent guest service.

I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall, the Ritz is a great hotel. I'm on the road 180 days a year so I tend to spot issues quicker than most people. Having said that, staff is terrific. The facility is beautiful but the GC needs to finish the punch list of items that most regular Ritz guests will notice. This is a gold plated brand and the expectations are super high. The GM, Shane, is a great guy. He's doing his best in a market that can't be easy to manage in.

Food was good. Nothing amazing. Quality was good. I felt like I could eat anything they served or provided. Spa was terrific. I used it twice and had great experiences.

Rooms are beautiful. Super clean, large and comfortable.

I have to go many times a year and this will be the place I stay at going forward. (If my Travel Department lets me!)

Room Tip: High Floors away from elevators
2  Thank ktellison

Dear ktellison,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel and the service for which the brand stands for. Our wellness floor is a world class facility and is one of the best in India. I am glad you enjoyed it. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveler like yourself mean a lot to me and my team.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my second trip to Bangalore for work. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton this second trip (1st time I stayed at the Taj Vivanta... Another 5 star hotel). The level of service at the Ritz has been impeccable... Far exceeding my expectations. Whenever I needed to request something there was always someone willing to bend over backwards to get it done for me, and this was all for no gratuity as well. I have not been able to fault it. To put it in perspective, even the staff who I had not met knew my name before I was introduced and were willing to assist with whatever I needed. One of the staff even went and sourced a particular Bangalore Scotch for me which I was wanting to buy as a present to take home for someone.

I stayed in a club level room and I highly recommend this room, 1. For the service and the club room lounge facilities, ie. drinks and food throughout the day with evening drinks from the bar; and 2. For the little extra comfort and niceties you get from this room.

The facilities at the hotel are as expected of a 5 star hotel....
1. Multiple restaurants with fine dining or casual and all food of a very good standard. I recommend eating at Riwaz as this is speciality Indian and very very good.
2. The gym and spa facilities are first rate. All new state of the art gym equipment including a personal trainer if you so chose (no charge for this). I had a 90 minute massage also and it was one of the best I've had.... And then I used the sauna, steam room, and hot pool for as long as I wanted after (NB: you can access these anytime you are staying at the hotel).
3. Room standard is of a high quality with a Nespresso and an iPad in room for your use, the bed was fantastically comfortable, and the bathroom was also very pleasant with a large shower and bath tub and all the toiletries/beauty products you come to expect of a 5 star hotel.

Overall a very very happy stay! One of the most memorable I've had for the service delivered. And for some comparison, I have stayed at the St Regis, Fairmont, Sofitel chains in the last 2 months and whilst all were very good and facilities were also above expectation, the service I have received at the Ritz has been a fair margin above. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 30 quid And go for the Deluxe Club Room over the Standard room. Ask for a room overl...
1  Thank AS-P996
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear AS-P996,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. Service of our ladies and gentlemen is what the brand stands for and I am glad that you are pleased with the experience. Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen and I thank you for your comments once again!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels i have stayed in. Great service, nice decoration and useful facility. I tried also the spa and sauna and it was amazing. The staff was willing to help with any request. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is on vacation or business trip.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank h h
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear hh,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hospitality. The Ritz-Carlton Spa on the Wellness Floor is one of its type in India and I am glad you liked it. A lot of detailing has gone into the design and architecture of the hotel and I appreciate you taking note of it.

I once again thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great place to stay close to city. Doesn't have the palatial look of Leela or repo of Taj but for a new hotel it combines decor & class of Leela and back it up with service and staff who can compete with Taj,
At first you see a big tower in middle like any other but inside it definitely provides a good feel when you step in.
Great place for business or personal stay. Highly recommend it

2  Thank Sanjay B

Dear Sanjay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. As you mentioned, we are right in the heart of the city with plenty of options for business and leisure travelers. I am delighted to know that you liked our service which the brand is known for. Feedback like yours is very encouraging for our ladies and gentlemen and I sincerely thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.