“A very enjoyable stay! ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore

The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore
Ranked #11 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Kyoto
“A very enjoyable stay! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

C'est Vrai! The Ritz Carlton always does it best. First time coming to India and after having been to two other Ritz Carltons this summer already, I was not sure how good the Bangalore one would fare in comparison. But it was fantastic! Service was prompt and the staff were friendly. The food was amazing, especially the salad bar in the Market, where we had brunch once. Rooms quite clean but I would reccomend a top floor room.

Only downsides were that
1. Very few places outside the hotel accepted credit card and a staff member was unable to help us and find out if dinner place would accept or not, not too bad but not very convenient.
2. Not one staff seemed to be able to speak French or even German which my husband and I are far more comfortable with, but instead had to resort to our limited English.

Otherwise it was fantastic! If ever in Bangalore again, I hope to visit again

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear ParfaitVacances,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore was your hotel of choice for your first trip to India. As you would be aware this is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel in India, the expectations of our guests are really high and such great comments coming from a discerning traveller like yourself mean a lot to me and my team. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed the food and our personalized service.

I have made a note of your feedback and we will look into the linguistic abilities of our ladies and gentlemen and see how best we can resolve this in the future.

I sincerely thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Shane Krige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Would give their Hospitality top marks...
Would definitely recommend all to experience a stay at Ritz and I would love to visit again.

The checkin experience was seemless. Rooms were exquisite. As we had booked a club room, we enjoyed the class and lounge facilities which included lovely snacks, cocktails and lots of lunch.

Truely special stay. Thanks to all the staff who made it so

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vibha M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Bhavna,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience of the hotel. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments.

Thanking you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore.

Best,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Wow.. what a hotel!! The view from the room was fantastic.. the rooms great and almost robotic ... click a button and the curtains move...

The entrance is fantastic.. though the reception is on the third floor ( really don't know why).

The people are courteous.. to a fault.

If course this is the highest end of the mariott chain ... worth it if you are willing to spend the money... definately better than the leela in bangalore

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rajneeshsoni
Dear Rajneesh,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our property with the Trip Advisory community. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the amenities and our service. We strive to be your “home away from home” when travelling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Great room in a club suite. The hotel is new. The hotel not very busy as far as I could see and whenever I went to the lounge only a couple of others there. Lounge great. Nice food. Nice drinks. Great service. Ate at the Indian restaurant, Chinese restaurant and bar. Indian restaurant high quality. Chinese ok but more gimmicky. Bar just bar food. Only issue is that most of the restaurants don't open until 7 or 7.30pm. On my last night left at 8pm for a flight but could not have a decent dinner as nothing open in time and didn't want room service. I am surprised no 24 7 decent food place. Staff good. Transfers to hotel good. Drivers for taking you to meetings good. Expensive but one of the best in Bangalore. Some big competition coming soon from other chains so hopefully prices might come down and some minor matter improve. All in all though highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank OzTD
Dear OzTD,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore and sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you are pleased with the overall experience and our service. I apologize for the situation that occurred on your last day of stay when you were not guided to The Market, our all day dining which is open from 6.30 – 12.30 am and The Lantern, which is open from 12 noon -11.30 pm.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a first time guest I was prepared to be swept off my feet but I came away partly disappointed. The first instance was when I had to call more than once for someone to check on the coffee machine in the room which was not working properly.
The next time was when I tried to switch on the reading lamp which was screwed on to the head of the bed. It came off. Just like that. To be honest, my jaw dropped. Things like this were not supposed to happen in the rarefied world of the Ritz Carlton, which has taught the world some lessons in luxury.
The worst came the following day, at breakfast. Our order was mixed up. I lost my glass of watermelon juice to a young Singaporean. The food didn’t show up for over twenty minutes and finally after a visible display of irritation and anger which I normally reserve for Airtel, it landed on our table. To add insult to injury the young Asian kids who were seated at a table near us experienced the full blast of Ritz service while we sat there waiting to be served breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sumita C
Dear Sumita C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the situations that occurred during your stay! I would like assure that this is certainly not a norm at our hotel and not reflective of the service that we strive to provide to our guests.

We assure you that we will investigate and continue to invest in and improve the quality of our performance to the level you would expect from a luxury hotel. Please know that your comments are being taken seriously and we will evaluate your points, with corrective action, where ever possible. with the intention of delivering the service commitment we pride ourselves on as a hotel and company.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you once again.

Kind regards,

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from a week's stay at the Ritz. This is definitely THE place to stay in Bangalore at the moment. It is a peaceful sanctuary in the chaos and excitement that India can be.They will have stiff competition in the coming months with openings of the Four Seasons and Shangri-la, however, so should use this time to build their reputation and clientele. The service here is among the best I have ever encountered (falls short only of Aman). The smiles are genuine, conversations warm and they don't miss an opportunity to get to know their guests a little better. Its often the smallest gestures that make the biggest impressions and the Ritz staff knows this well. Anticipation is key and the staff seems to sense when to step in and when to fade out. I was made to feel especially at home in the Ritz Bar and by the end of the trip, they were almost like family which I suspect is only partially attributable to my drinking proclivities. The hotel will take some time to find it sense of place in Bangalore but should ultimately do just fine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Todd D
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Todd D,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your review! As you know we aim to provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our ladies and gentlemen. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed in Osaka, Ritz and boy, what an experience. On the other hand, the one in Bangalore did not come even close to it. We went for lunch. Were not even offered an ala carte. Straight away sent to buffet (realised later on that there was another restaurant). Call me a snob, but when I go to Ritz, I expect the same company around me, which was not the case on this occasion. I found the same type of visitors, that you would find in your usual whole in the wall down the street restaurant. The views offered by the restaurant were such that it felt, the hotel was squeezed into the place. It was only building terraces to look at, unlike Leela or Lalit Ashok or the Westin. I also have had better experience with Ritz at Green park in London. I don't even think they can do much about the views. Good luck, Ritz.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank AsliDesi
Dear AsliDesi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to know that we did not quite meet your expectations. Please know that your comments are being taken seriously and we will evaluate your points, with corrective action, where ever possible with the intention of delivering the service commitment we pride ourselves on as a hotel and company.

While it is difficult to change the hotel design and location at this point, we will most certainly focus on areas where we can improve upon. I will appreciate an opportunity to speak with you for more detailed feedback and suggestions. I can be reached at +91 80 4914 8002.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in your future travel to Bangalore.