“Lavish but....”

Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar
Ranked #8 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Located right at the center of the city. But nothing is around. You definitely need a car to browse around. Sockets were lacking when it came to connecting my laptop and ipad and phone. TV doesnt have access to a lot of channels. Room view was not great. But to be fair, food was quite decent. Room interiors are very nice. Breakfast, on the other hand, was not quite spread out to my taste. But I was in hurry and the guys out there did help me getting my breakfast packed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Pranay V, General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest

At the onset, thank you for choosing Fairfield by Marriott for accomodation on your recent visit to Bengaluru.

Fairfield by Marriott Rajajinagar Bengaluru is centrally located with easy access to City Centre, World Trade Centre, Racecourse, Peenya Industrial Area, Mysore- Bidadi industrial corridor. Whilst the mall next door is nearing completion and should be operational in few weeks from now, Orion Mall is 3 kms from the hotel. Hotel has a dedicated fleet of cars which can be availed at guest's convenience.

I am pleased to learn the room interiors and breakfast service levels met your expectations. Whilst the breakfast offerings includes good selection of Indian and Western options and the list of TV channels includes popular International, National and regional channels, I will really like to understand from you about anything specific that you thought should be included to make the stay more productive and enjoyable. May I request you to write to me on pranay.verdia@marriott.com for us to initiate the required steps to improve our customer experience.

Thank you once again for sharing the valuable feedback, as it is only through thoughtful guests like you that we can step back and take corrective measures to deliver highest quality standard which is expected of us all all times.

When travelling next to Bengaluru, please let me know and I will personally take care of the necessary arrangements.

Regards,
Pranay Verdia

Reviewed 12 March 2014

- Arrival experience similar to a corporate Hotel
- Rooms are spacious with amenities as required for a business traveller
- First night unable to sleep as my room was near a machinery of the Hotel which was whisking whole night, so I was bestowed with a sleepless night, on the other hand it was too late even to ask for a room change.
- Next day when I informed my inconvenience to the Receptionist, they agreed to change my room to another floor.
- When arrived back to Hotel after 5 pm, the room change was still not done due to ? However in next half n hour a new room was assigned.
- That night everything went fine.
- Third night the nightmare started with a drilling in the building until 10 pm and next day sharp the drilling was back in action at 7.30 am.
- After having a bad room experience, I was consoled with a good breakfast and the courtesy of the staff which at present is quite a plus point for the Hotel.

Meanwhile I hope the problem is resolved and on my next stay in this Hotel sleeping experience will be better than this time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SMSLifeStyle
Vinayak P, Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

At the onset, thank you for choosing Fairfield by Marriott for accommodation on your recent visit to Bengaluru.

Please accept my sincere and heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort caused whilst you were our guest at Fairfield by Marriott. I completely understand how important sleep is to anyone, we definitely faltered in meeting basic expectations. This noise is due to work going on in next building and we persistently take all the measures to ensure our guest are not disturb during night time; however on this occasion we failed to do so, rest assured, this has been taken up seriously with concern authorities and in future none of our guest will get disturbed in the night, because of drilling noise.

I will request you not to let this incident mar your otherwise favourable impression of Marriott. I surely cannot compensate for the valuable time lost and inconvenience caused, however will like to assure you that we have taken corrective measures to ensure this does not happen again.

Your patronage to the Marriott as a group and specially for Fairfield by Marriott is extremely important to us, I sincerely request you to provide us with one more opportunity and I can commit a productive stay at Fairfield by Marriott.

When travelling next to Bengaluru, please write to me so that I can personally handle all arrangements and ensure a comfortable stay.

Regards,
Vinayak Patnekar
Operations Manager
vinayak.patnekar@marriott.com

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Location is great and its good for people from Northern Bangalore as mostly all nice hotels are either central or south Bangalore......Service is great and very hospitable. Food is not great but very good but the ambiance makes up for everything. Since its just started all the people are very enthusiastic. Highly recommended for business and weekend special dinners. I would like to also mention that Parineeta, Sales Executive made my wife's birthday a special one by ordering a surprise cake and also taking very good care...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Pranay V, General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for very encouraging feedback. At Marriott, it has been our constant endeavor to provide unique and exceptional experience to all our guests when they visit us for business or leisure and I am pleased to learn that we were able to provide you and your family a memorable experience on your recent visit to Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar. Your encouraging feedback and positive comments will further encourage the team to do better.

Fairfield by Marriott is designed to perfectly suit modern traveller needs and I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Regards, Pranay

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel is very new and is located more or less in downtown of Bangalore. There is a shopping area nearby which is not ready, but shall add some good option for going out. Also nearby (15 minutes by car) nice shopping and eating areas such as Orion Mall and Mahatma Gandhi Road. The hotel itself is very good, staff is friendly, sometimes "too" friendly (during breakfast 2 or 3 people come to ask you how is the meal and the stay), but I think it is always better to have "too" friendly than "less" friendly. The only reason I do not give a max rating is because there are not several food options. The breakfast is great, but options for lunch and dinner, mainly for non-Indian, is very short. The Chef can help you though, Mr. Hamesh offered to cook custom dishes on demand! In short, very good cost-benefit, but I got special rates due because of company, the rates offered normally are slightly high I think.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Vivin K, General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that we, as a team were able to make your stay comfortable Your appreciation about the team is extremely encouraging.

I am obliged that you termed our food quality and service to be the top of the line in the market and would come back and stay with us and also recommend Fairfield Marriott Hotel to your friends and family. . Please also come and try out our poolside restaurant located at the rooftop called White Smoke Barbeque next time. It opens for dinner only.

Truly appreciate that you took your valuable time out to remember the team member names and describe about them so perfectly. Your kind remark gives me an opportunity to thank my team as well.

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Vivin Kuriakose
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

It's an great hotel. I have being to Banglore for the second time and this hotel has all resources for an business traveller. Good rooms, great check UN experience and awesome food.
Would like to thank the chef and the food and beverage team for their great service. The banqueting team was rocking with always on floor for our training program and great service during lunch and theme break.
Thank u team.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Pranay V, General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar for accomodation on your recent visit to Bengaluru. We are pleased to learn that you liked the facilities and services on offer.

At Marriott, we always strive to create unique and exceptional experience for all our guests when they travel on business or leisure. Your feedback will further encourage the team to do better.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.
Regards, Pranay

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Been for dinner with family at Kava which is the restaurant at Fairfield after it was highly recommended by a friend. As told this place serves good food at a great price. I recommend people to visit this place for nice meal. Chef Mahesh was very courteous and the service is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Vinayak P, Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Fairfield by Marriott.

I am Vinayak Patnekar, the Operations Manager at the hotel. I am in receipt of your comments that you left on the trip advisor related to your experience at Kava.

I’m extremely delighted that your experience with the Kava was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. I have shared your comments with concern team members and Chef Mahesh.

I once again thank you for choosing Fairfield by Marriott and look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel. Please feel free to access me directly for your next visit.

VINAYAK PATNEKAR
Operations Manager
Fairfield by Marriott
vinayak.patnekar@marriott.com
+919900028874

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Exterior looks unimpressive but interior is new and very nice.

The lobby has a small snack shop with normal prices, that was refreshing from other hotels that overcharge.

Internet was included and worked well, they have both wired and wireless. For wireless they allow up to (4) devices.

Room design was modern and clean - as a new property I found it odd they only had one outlet at the desk. But overall, the room was perfect.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a mall next door that is not yet open - when it does open, this will make the hotel an even better stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StarTraveler88
Pranay V, General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru Rajajinagar for accomodation on your recent visit to Bengaluru. Fairfield by Marriott's product and service is designed to meet modern business traveller's needs and I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations.

Your positive comments about the service level and other facilties will further encourage us to do better. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Best Regards, Pranay Verdia