“pathetic and incompetent service”

Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort
Ranked #193 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went to this property as a part of a corporate training session, on entry we were served breakfast. This was terrible experience, there was never enough food served on the buffet, every body had one item or other as all were not available at one go. After the training, I went to check in, the room was not done up, somebody had checkout but they did not find it opportune to prepare the room for a new guest.

Room sizes were fairly large and the property is decent, but the maintenance and service is pathetic.

We ordered room service at 11 pm while watching the football match, asking the stuff to be sent asap. It was delivered at 1.30 am after 5 followups, Item in question was bottles of soda and lemon.

Next day, when we had to checkout, the billing was also erroneous, they billed for one stuff, twice, billing was done by hand by the manager, as somehow no system generated final bill was provided.

Overall, an avoidable property.

Room Tip: Try and get 2000 series rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Prestige_Group_India, General Manager at Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Thank you! so much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

same time I am distressed to note that, we are unable to make your whole experience as a

memorable moment and offer my sincere apology for the concerns. At the Angsana Oasis &

Spa We take a great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which

assist us to strive for excellence.

Please do give us another opportunity and I am assuring you, that you will have a wonderful

experience on your next visit. Do let me know when you plan for your next visit, as I will be

delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed on a business conference. Rooms are well comfortable and well laid out. Food is quite OK. Staff doesn't seem to be well trained to handle large groups. Not too far from Bangalore Airport - about thirty minutes by road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We decided to go on a day outing somewhere near by . Friends ( 6 of us ) and a 6 month old kid with us. we chose this place for the day outing as it was the closest and the reviews were also OK. I didnt read the reviews for staying though :D

So the package was 1575( including Taxes ) which included Breakfast , Lunch , evening tea and " Snacks" ( Please read the full review to understand teh quotes :) ) . and activities like swimming pool , Squash, table tennins. they dont have a badminton court which is such a shame. we were ok with the package.

Reached here at around 9 . Without getting lost. google maps give a pretty clear route . the first look at the property and we were really happy that we chose this place. It was huge, Lush green , well maintained. and the bunglows in the area of this resort are amazing. By the way who stays here :).

So anyways we started with the breakfast which was quiet Ok as we were in the day package. But definately not worth teh price if you are paying separately for the breakfast. It had a lot of stuff . Omellette , Dosas, Sevai bath , Poori alu . I missed having more of freshly baked goodies which i always looked forward to.
After a very heavy breakfast we were given the round of the property by a very smiling lady which was really good so that we know where are things. We first got stuck on the trampeline. This was i guess the best part of the resort for me as i have never seen trampeline for adults anywhere and we spend almost an hour and half on this.

Then we decided to go to the game arena, The paint ball accessories were not good . the jackets were torn and dirty , The guns were not working , the helmets were smelling bad.. and for that game of paint ball they charge 380 bucks which is not even included in the package. The least they can do is to get a new paintball accessories package. i wouldnt recommend this to anyone. We enjoyed playing cricket though.

The swimming pool and teh Bathrooms were lovely. I actually fell in love with the bathroom, It was huge with showers , Jacuzzi and steam. and it was very clean too.

Husband went for a massage in the Spa and he was very satisfied with the experience.

The hitches we faced :
1. So , when we were having lunch . the guy came and asked us what would we like to have for drinks ( He knew that we were on a day package as we met him in the morning too for breakfast ) , and he told us teh drinks buttermil, Masala lemondae and something else too. Thinking that it was included in the lunch buffet we ordered buttermilk, Masala lemonde and cold drink . And after having lunch we came out to the swimming pool .
This guy came running with teh bill and saying it was for drinks and teh bill was 1775 . only for lemondaes and butter milk, We all were very angry because he didnt first of all tell us that it was not included. If he would have told before we would have thought and ordered.
We felt like it was a rip off. fully . paid that time but i wanted to get this in the Managers notice and i called him and told him that. He just went off saying that he will see what he can do.

2. In the evening , when we were all tired of two hours of swimming pool and were crazily hungry. we came to have tea and " Snacks" which was again included in our package. Only when we reached there we found out that there are no snacks . Its tea and some stupid Cookies ?. I mean you should write it in your package what all you are including.

We called the manager again and he said yeah thats what is included. And then he wanted to compensate for thie drinks in teh afternoon so he gave us complimentary sandwhiches from the Snacks menu. which was a saviour that time.

Other than the above two hitches we had a great time. Food shouldnt be your first item in the list when you go there. Its not that nice. Its very ordinary

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sonal3684
Prestige_Group_India, General Manager at Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you! so much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

However I am happy to know that you enjoyed at The Angsana Oasis & Spa Resort and at the

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for just one night (luckily) and the experience was horrible. Not a single things here is good. Choosing this as a weekend stay simple disappointed us. The staff do not care for you! Layout of the resort and walkways are simply awful. Worst of all is their food, OMG... no words.

We had booked this through Make My Trip (makemytrip.com) and when we contacted MMT for refund, they started escaping from us!! All in all, this is a worst choice for a peaceful holiday.

Room Tip: Do not choose this place for your holiday!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Closepet

Thank you! so much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am distressed to note that, we are unable to make your whole experience as a

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Very good resort, awesome massage / spa but food was not so great, hospitality and service were very poor. Took lot of time while checking out, fun activities like paint Bol was not properly managed. Indoor games were quite good and well managed

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you! so much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

same time I am concern to know that you were not happy with our check out process and other

facilities . I am assuring you, we will strengthen the processes and make sure we will

immediately address all the facilities mentioned by yourself.

Offer my sincere apology for the concerns. At the Angsana Oasis &

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Never opt for this resort for the following reasons!!
1:we had a decent experience out here but to our shock wen we reached our car after our checkout we saw that that embelem of our BMW was stolen. To make it wrost wen we approached the management the had the nerve to tell us that wat was the proof that the emblem was even there in the car!! This person mr SUBRAMANIYAM was not even ready to talk to us properly came up with random reasons to get away with it . Even wen we called back regarding this that guy had the nerve to put the phone down and not talk such useless ppl cheap staff ever BEWARE OF UR SECURITY AND CAR WEN U PARK coz the staff there don't even respond properly and they BLAME back to u only !! Such loosers

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Sanjalvikas

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We chose Angsana spa for our wedding anniversary. After reading so much about it our expectations were high. However much to our dismay, the hospitality was below par.
1. Spa therapist could not communicate properly.
2. He did not explain what/why/how the massage would help.
3. The amenities were poorly maintained. Faucets had scales, broken sofas and more.
4. Spas/resorts around the world typically offer a welcome drink. Here it wasn't the case.
5. Buffet food was alright. Indian dishes were better than the continental counterparts.

Overall, this is an over hyped and over priced resort. I would not recommend it for it's spa services to anyone. There are better spa facilities inside the city limits.

The property is good. As mentioned in other reviews, this place can be world class only if they improved the hospitality and service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pivaturi

Thank you! so much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

same time I am distressed to note all of your concern that, we are unable to make your whole

experience as a memorable moment and offer my sincere apology for the concerns. At the

Angsana Oasis & Spa We take a great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our

guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.