“Overall good package”

Ranked #142 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Vadodara, India
“Overall good package”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The property is located very close to M.G Road area. I stayed in room 501. The room was vry spacious. Overall the room was clean and well organised with work table and a sitting area. However, the view of the city from the room was not very impressive. Tiger Trail, the in house resraurant offered good food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was good to know that you liked our services and the hotel .

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I would very much appreciate if you give us another opportunity to ensure that we can create a near perfect ambiance at the Ramada, Bangalore on your next visit.

Vinod M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Thai first
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Was put up at this Ramada during one of my official trips to Bangalore. Our Indian office managed to get a fabolous rate. Infact on hearing the rate, it actually made me wonder whether its the actual Ramada chain or not.

No complaints about the place at all. The room was slightly on the smaller side, but for a business traveller, why would you need such a huge room. The front desk was extremely courteous. Morning breakfast was simple and nice.

Room Tip: Like in every other hotel, ask the Reception to allot you a good room. Be nice to them, they will be...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest

I appreciate your kind words and compliments on the hotel especially the service aspect and the product on a whole. We always strive to keep our service & surroundings at its very best for our guests to be always delighted. The comments on buffet BF and tea service will be picked with the concerned and will ensure the same isn't repeated again.

Mumbai
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Its was a just an overnight stay but a gentleman named Afzal made sure that its the most comfortable stay for me. he was extremely courteous and also accommodated all my requests on priority.Till the time of my departure he made sure everything is taken care off .He made an effort to come out to main entrance and explain the tuk tuk driver the address as i was not well versed with the areas.
The breakfast need lil bit of improvement as buffet items were served cold.When asked for separate Tea there was no milk served even had to ask for sugar.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 7 August 2013

Navi Mumbai (New Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I am a regular business traveler to Bangalore and had booked Ramada, Bangalore on MMT.com for a days stay. Ramada - true to its tradition surpassed my expectations. The Fron office was extremely courteous and check me in within five minutes of my arrival. On settling down in my room - I got a call from the Manager inquiring whether I was comfortable? - The rooms are very spacious with all star amenities. The minibar is well stuffed and quite rationally priced, so is the in-room dining menu. The staff is neatly dressed - well educated and very courteous.The hotel provides you an Iron and Ironing board, a pair of disposable bathroom slippers and a host of other daily grooming needs.The complimentary bf has a vast choice of veg and non veg menu. The check-out was as quick as the check-in -with the front desk bidding good bye and having inquired whether I found the stay pleasant? Overall, I found this hotel "value for money"!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Used this hotel several times, and every time airport pick up driver asks for a tip. Reception is always slow and doesn’t have real hospitality. Forgot to arrange airport drop one time, forgot to make wake-up call for twice. When you check in midnight, you don’t have hot water for a shower. They don’t prepare for dental brush, so you need to call for house keeping every time and must wait for more than 20 min. They are licensed by Wyndham hotel group but strongly recommend not to claim “Ramada” brand. That’s not suitable for foreign guests on business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Guest

Please accept our sincere apologies to have not lived up with your expectations during your stay with our hotel.

We have been getting great and positive feedback from our guests and hence please treat this as one off stay wherein we haven't delivered.

Please do let us know when will you be back the next time so that we can for sure catch up and give you a better service.

Reqards

Vinod M

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days for a business trip and found it very comfortable and nice. Hotel location is good and on the road. Rooms are good and beds comfortable. though some people can find the rooms quite odd in shape. the staff was nice and I don't have any negative comment to make. you can easily find Autos in front of the hotel (Thats what I did). The breakfast was really nice and you have all the options.
I recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Ms Priyanka

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have actually stayed in Ramada Bangalore for few hours after our late night (or early morning) arrival to Bangalore. I have booked that through Alpharooms as they had the best price for this hotel. It was only one night, so I wasn't too picky, I just needed clean bed until I moved to different hotel.

I have to say, that I loved Reception staff in this hotel. Very nice, polite, helpful and welcoming. That really makes a difference. Also when I contacted them before my arrival by e-mail, I have received answers very quickly.

Our room #310 was... hm... quite average. As I said earlier, I didn't pay much for it, so no complaints. Bed was comfortable, clean and fresh, but style in general was a little bit weird - like somebody furnished this room out of 10 other rooms. Room was also quite noisy; you had an impression that somebody (from the corridor) will enter your room at any time. This was a bit disturbing. There was a kettle and selection of teas/coffees available (but 1 spoon) and bottled water.
Bathroom was the weakest part of this stay. That is why the total review score is so low. It was definitely not cleaned properly and it looked used and dated. Bathroom tiles and ceilings had been stained, moulded and cracked. It looks like bathroom was a part of completely different hotel and even cleaning team. I didn't like it at all. It was only once I had to use it, but even after long trip I decided not to use the shower (didn't look too clean, so sorry).

After waking up I went for a breakfast (included in my price). Mainly selection of very tasty Indian options (I loved that), fresh fruit and juices. It was quite busy and staff was very attentive. I've noticed also that there was significant number of 'very important managers', just following their staff and checking if they are doing their job correctly. That looked weird and kind of funny. And of course totally unnecessary. Watching "Breakfast managers" was quite entertaining part of the morning meal.

I mentioned earlier that Reception staff was very kind and professional. Check-out was quick and accurate. We asked for help with taxi to get to different hotel (pre-booked before). We agreed for the price and hotel car was ready in few minutes... During our short ride the driver tried to get us to some 'souvenir shops' which we refused - guys, you DON'T do that on a 10 min ride. Of course we refused. When we arrived to our hotel we were told the price again, which was almost double of originally agreed. I said to the driver to check with reception and again refuse to pay more. Of course price should have been as agreed before. Because of that the guy missed his tip (which I was still ready to give) and he was definitely a part of the low score here (as a hotel employee)...

Overall, this is good option for budget stay in Bangalore. Just 2 minutes away there is interesting colourful Shree Danduu Mariamman Temple, definitely worth visiting. Hotel is secured (security staff absolutely brilliant, I really liked them too) and close to MG Road attractions (shops etc.). It is good location, but quite average hotel. There is a lot what should (and could be easily) done to improve their standard. It is quite busy business hotel.

If you need any type of transportation, I would recommend for example Savaari services as they do not require Indian phone and you can get good car for an hour, 0,5 day or full day for a very reasonable price (comparing to the hotel prices).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vinod M, General Manager at Ramada Bangalore, responded to this review, 22 July 2013