Ramada Bangalore
Taj West End(Bengaluru)
US$206
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
US$280
Priceline
US$238
US$152
  • Pool
All reviewstiger trailshivaji nagarvalue for moneyindian expresscommercial streetbuffet breakfastmini barcheck in was smoothofficial triprestaurant staffthe heart of the citycomfortable stayrooms are spaciousdosacubbon parkcentral locationfront office
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed in hotel for official purpose. hotel was booked by my company.

Hotel place complimentaty party every friday night for all employees of my company staying in the hotel. It was a very nice experience in staying there.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2009

ended up in this hotel due to a emergency and had a decent exp. very centrally located and meets basic needs well.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This is what you would describe as an over-priced budget hotel! The food is above average. They do offer great value for money for their buffets and the food is tasty well. It's a win-win situation with the food.

The rooms are average, nothing to keep undying memories about.

The location of the hotel is prime. It is is 10 minutes aways from M.G.Road which is one of the most prime locations of Bangalore. So, if you are on visit to Bangalore and want to stay near a shopping hub and not spend pot loads of cash on your stay, then Harsha is the place.

The value of money, in my opinion, is quite good. The amenities the hotel provides are average but the staff is quite polite and friendly which compensates or rather negates this drawback.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2009

Service provided was excellent, food quality was also awesome

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2009

On arrival, at old bangalore airport, we met our driver which we had arranged from the hotel to pick us up. He was very helpful as bangalore airport was overwhelming. As it was late at night we were checked into hotel within minutes of arriving and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Beware of the burgers on the hotel menu (vegetarian or non-vegetarian), they're not so nice. The hotel next door had an amazing lunch menu and served fantastic mushroom soup and BLT sandwiches.

I found breakfast a struggle at the start as almost everything was spicy, however after a few days, i discovered the scrambled eggs. Yummie :-)

My stay was for 3 weeks. Within the first week, i found it strange that no matter where i left my clothes(even in drawers), they were re-arranged when i got back (even my underwear).

Laundry facilities in the hotel were a little dodgy also. My white shirt came back dyed an blue/green colour and 2 of my bra's were torn.

The hotel was in a quiet area with no shops nearby. The closest shops/cafe's were in the comets shopping mall. There was foodhall on top level. Probably not the best idea to walk to this as the road is dangerous. Rickshaws were plenty and taxi's are cheap and will wait on you!

The room was serviced daily and fresh towels provided each day. Bottled water was supplied in the room daily. Do not use the tap water!!! My toiletries were moved, and changed around every day also. Maybe its just me, but i felt like my things were 'gone through' every day i left the room. Towards the end, i asked my room not to be serviced every day.

For the 3 weeks we stayed at this hotel, we used a driver from the hotel to go everywhere (except work). We were told that the drivers were on commission for bringing us into certain shops (regardless if we bought anything), so we asked them not to bring us to any of these shops. before telling the driver not to bring us to these shops, they were constantly on the phone arranging a 'deal' with the shops. These shops are over priced and if you go to commercial street, just off MG road, the same items are available for a quarter of the price!! My total spend on taxi's for the entire stay was €60 and that included a driver to mysore and 4 full days 'exploring'.

One small issue was that broadband was chargeable and you needed to buy 1 hour broadband at a time.... quite annoying if you are in the middle of something and it runs out.

Hotel was good and without the luggage issue i would say perfect for my business trip.
P.s. Worth comparing the Fortune hotel which is next door. It is a step up and looked amazing. Although i didnt stay there, we ate there every day.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business