After a few initial hiccups, such as a delay in check-in and a room change, we finally got our room facing the pool area. The room was spacious with a old school feel about it. The toilet is a bit claustrophobic with dim lightning.
The most awesome part of our stay was the breakfast - it is one the best buffet breakfast I have eaten - the food quality as well as taste - beyond excellence. A special mention for the pastry chef - I could not believe that egg-less pastries and bread could taste so divine. The chef actually went one step ahead to bake a quick egg-less chocolate cake for my mother and it was complimentary. The staff is attentive, friendly and warm. It is them who made our stay very special.
The lawn , pool and spa is also worth the mention. It is a city hotel with all the peace and quiet one can ask for after long working day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in an oasis of 10 acres of sprawling landscape and manicured lawns, The LaLiT Ashok is one of the finest five star hotel amongst all Bangalore luxury hotels. Built in 1971 The LaLiT Ashok has welcomed guests over more than 35 years and has been an experience of luxury in contemporary and relaxed homely comfort. This 5 star hotel in bangalore is strategically located in the highly secured diplomatic enclave, while sharing its wall with the Chief Minister’s house and offers a lovely view of the sprawling Bangalore Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lalit Ashok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Ashok Hotel Bangalore
- Lalit Ashok Bangalore
- Lalit Ashok Hotel Bangalore
- Ashok Hotel Bangalore