“a nice hotel to stay”
Review of The Lalit Ashok

The Lalit Ashok
Ranked #38 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in lalit ashok in december 2013 for an official visit. It was a wonderful experience as far as room and quality of food was concerned. The staff was friendly. I think the best part is their restaurent and club sutra. At the restaurent,i really enjoyed breakfast and dinner. At the club sutra it was a great music at friday night with good ambience. I think one thing that require improvement is the look at first when you enter at reception, it seems to be a relatively small area (I mean does not give the grandeur of 5 star luxury).The pool side is average..Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: choose the pool side room..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the pool has been duly noted.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand and I hope you will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Bhaskaran. T

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed here last april may. although i was little apprehensive about this hotel i was surprised to see it at first. huge green oasis kinda resort in midst of city. the rooms are a bit smaller with small bathroom but upkeep and cleaning was top notch.their coffee shop has some exotic starters like malai kebab which was awesome . special mention to the cheese cake which was heavenly. the poolside room has a great view.the pool looks attractive. special mention at their Sunday brunch which is a great place to chill in hill station like weather.More over the service was really good and during the busy period also i got my orders correct.the concierge and lobby manager helped a lot regarding my city tour and they were quite guest friendly.
On my departure day a very nice decoration done by the cleaner using towels and flowers which i really appreciated. My only small issue was that there was no free internet, but its ok.
i just loved my stay and never thought it would be so pleasant as i used to stay always in Leela and Taj. I am truly impressed by this hotel which i think is underestimated. I have fond memories of high level of guest satisfaction. All the best. see you soon

Room Tip: choose a pool view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us .

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon . Your generous words of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had stayed at The Lalit Ashok bangalore when i had visited bangalore for a friends wedding. i had a wonderful exprience the staff,property and service was too good. Appricate the quality of food provided.

Room Tip: 2045 had a amazing view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lalith Ashok has always been one of my most favourite properties to stay at. During my stay with The Laith Ashok for 2 nights, my stay was very relaxed and hassel free. The entire staff of this property is very friendly and supportive to all the customer needs. The laundry Service very fast, The room service great, management also great. rooms very neat and tidy.

Room Tip: Room Facing the pool side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Lalith ashok have always carved a niche for themselves, and a place to be remembered when you think of Bangalore's hospitality system, But they are doing everything now, so as to be a mediocre hotel. Stayed with my better half for 3 nights in this place, expecting luxury, best service, lipsmacking food and all....But Alas , none of them were even close to what we thought would be.

Pros:1. Good location, Plenty of space inside the hotel in terms of lawn, pool, parking etc
2. Decent sized rooms, but lack some ultra modern amenities which star hotels provide.
3. restaurant Bellucci at the Hotel had amazing food especially the fish is a must try

Cons: 1.Poor service at the breakfast buffet and during lunch, though they seem to have adequate staff, everything we ordered came much later than normal time required.
2. We tried their in house pastry/bakery shop, And were far from pleased. Not one, but tried six different varieties of stuff, hoping atleast one of them might turn out to be better. The chef really needs to re consider the preparations. the taste of pastries/tarts/gateux were very average... not recommended at all.It is Lalith Ashok!!!! you people need to work on the quality and taste of food...even the breakfast was average.
3. When you think of luxury hotels, spending high prices, the least expected is good quality house keeping . One of the days, we asked for the room to be tidied up and when we returned after 3 hours, it was not even touched, The housekeeping person in 2nd floor, just gave a sheepish grin saying he was busy!!! We were like fine and went out for some work, when we came back in evening, the housekeeping done was not even of budget hotel quality. I am sure my untrained maid can do a better job at it...

I can go on about cons.. but really wondering Is THE LALITH ASHOK expecting only to be half occupied always, as they seem to provide under services in all matters...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time off to give your valuable feedback. Your feedback about Housekeeping & breakfast service, quality of food has been duly noted and discussed with the entire team for immediate corrective action.

Much as we strive to deliver an exceptional quality of service to all our guests, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is a one off incidence and may i urge you to not let this be an indelible perception.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance, look forward to regaining faith and confidence in the brand and i hope will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

During this summer vacation I along with my family had the chance of going to Banglore. During our trip there we stayed at The lalit Ahsok for three nights. Our stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. All thanks to Mr. Tanuj/ Sunil and his team.
Being centrally located, travel around the city was convenient. The location of the hotel is scenic and away from hustle - bustle. The food served was exceptional with wide choice of delicacy. Altogether a present and joyful experience at Lalit Ashok. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am glad to read that we were able to serve you with the highest perfection and professionalism in all aspects of hospitality and delighted to know that your stay has made you an ambassador of The Lalit Ashok Bangalore.

The entire team of The Lalit Ashok Bangalore joins me in thanking you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back soon to your home at Bangalore.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've always loved The Lalit Ashok. I spent a few days a year there, every year for maybe 5 years. I loved the food, loved the ambience, loved everything about the hotel. That changed this weekend. The hotel pays no attention to detail, the staff is quite friendly, but i'm afraid it doesn't extend beyond that.

We booked ourselves into the Lalit for a salsa festival. 3 people in a room. Asked for a 3rd bed, and the bed that came looked like it belonged in a 1990s hospital ward. Even though there were 3 people in the room, the housekeeping staff didn't put in 3 coffee cups even once this weekend.

We ate quite a few meals (actually all our meals) in the coffee shop, which is over staffed, but under serviced. It took ages for anything ordered, even tea, to arrive. My last meal there, I ordered tea (from a tea bag), which came AFTER my sandwich. They are not coordinated, and don't seem to care. We ordered a club sandwich, tea and pizza and were told that the pizza would take 20 minutes, which was fine with us. Unfortunately, after 30 minutes, we were served a raw based margarita pizza. The chef did come out apologise and offer to make us a new one, but we were fed up by then. It was a sunday evening, there were exactly 4 tables occupied in the coffee shop, there really was no excuse.

The service in the restaurant was just slow, and not at par with a hotel that boasts the kind of clientele the Lalit does.

On the plus side - the Lalit Club sandwich (obviously with chicken) is LEGENDARY. Stuffed with chicken, lettuce, avocado and a softly fried egg, I ate it 3 times this weekend - 3 times in 3 days! woohoo!

I really do like this hotel, and hope that this is a one off experience. If not, I hope they pull their socks up soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicolemody
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time off to give your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the customer service, housekeeping service and Food & Beverage Service has been duly noted and discussed with the entire team for immediate corrective action. These feedbacks are very pertinent and to the point.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.