“Hospitality Par Excellence”

The Lalit Ashok
Ranked #37 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Hospitality Par Excellence”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had chosen Lalit Ashok, Bangalore for the wedding reception of my daughter where about 250 guests were invited. In addition I had booked 23 rooms for my guests. I must place on record the excellent hospitality and care taken by the entire staff of Lalit Ashok to look after my guests. I would like to mention in particular Mr Roshan Fernandez, Mr Ankush Punjabi and Mr Bharath with whom I had interacted. Not to forget the Chef, Mr Gopal who prepared excellent food which every one loved.
The rooms were very comfortable and the hospitality was excellent.
The buffet dinner which was served to about 40 guests on 3 May 14 was marvelous and thoroughly enjoyed by all my guests.
The warmth shown by the staff in looking after the guests is worth mentioning.

Room Tip: An excellent experience in an excellent hotel...the buffet dinner in the coffee shop is not to be mi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, 16 September 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Your generous word of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Bhaskaran. T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at The Lalit Ashok Hotel for one day in July while i was traveling on official work booked through my office. As you enter the hotel it has a beautiful and elegant look - lush and green out and a mix of traditional and modern interiors. You are welcomed with a warm smile and surprise - a fresh coconut water which is pierced in front of you so that you are sure it is fresh. Lovely to have something as fresh as a coconut water instead of an aria ted drink. I am walked straight to room with out much waiting time and formalities which was unexpected again. Rooms are ok in size - good enough with requirements matching a business traveler. Wifi is a concern and is a bit slow. The hotel has a pub which is noisy on weekends. Upon raising this concern at night with the Front desk Manager - was offered another room to sleep - which was very kind of him - however once you are settled in room - not convenient. Was told that the management is aware of this issue and are working upon it. Next day you kind of tend to oversleep once you are late to bed due to noise... you wake up to find a lovely spread of breakfast to start your day with. The Chef at breakfast (North Indian Chef - dont remember his name) is all around to make it perfect. I wanted something out of buffet which was organized without a second thought. This was impressive as I have been to other hotels which would first talk about an additional charge if it is not in buffet. I proceeded further and requested for a late check out as i could not complete my work - there was a bit of hesitation - however finally managed to get one but only until 3 pm. Upon check out i realized that I had probably left a small bag behind in my room. Even before I could speak to someone about it the person handling the luggage immediately approached and handed over to me. Very Impressive again. All and all a good hotel - however recommend to avoid it on weekends unless they have worked on their sound proofing.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pub
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us .

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon . Your generous words of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Ajmer, India
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in lalit ashok in december 2013 for an official visit. It was a wonderful experience as far as room and quality of food was concerned. The staff was friendly. I think the best part is their restaurent and club sutra. At the restaurent,i really enjoyed breakfast and dinner. At the club sutra it was a great music at friday night with good ambience. I think one thing that require improvement is the look at first when you enter at reception, it seems to be a relatively small area (I mean does not give the grandeur of 5 star luxury).The pool side is average..Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: choose the pool side room..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the pool has been duly noted.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand and I hope you will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Warm Regards
Boston, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed here last april may. although i was little apprehensive about this hotel i was surprised to see it at first. huge green oasis kinda resort in midst of city. the rooms are a bit smaller with small bathroom but upkeep and cleaning was top notch.their coffee shop has some exotic starters like malai kebab which was awesome . special mention to the cheese cake which was heavenly. the poolside room has a great view.the pool looks attractive. special mention at their Sunday brunch which is a great place to chill in hill station like weather.More over the service was really good and during the busy period also i got my orders correct.the concierge and lobby manager helped a lot regarding my city tour and they were quite guest friendly.
On my departure day a very nice decoration done by the cleaner using towels and flowers which i really appreciated. My only small issue was that there was no free internet, but its ok.
i just loved my stay and never thought it would be so pleasant as i used to stay always in Leela and Taj. I am truly impressed by this hotel which i think is underestimated. I have fond memories of high level of guest satisfaction. All the best. see you soon

Room Tip: choose a pool view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had stayed at The Lalit Ashok bangalore when i had visited bangalore for a friends wedding. i had a wonderful exprience the staff,property and service was too good. Appricate the quality of food provided.

Room Tip: 2045 had a amazing view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lalith Ashok has always been one of my most favourite properties to stay at. During my stay with The Laith Ashok for 2 nights, my stay was very relaxed and hassel free. The entire staff of this property is very friendly and supportive to all the customer needs. The laundry Service very fast, The room service great, management also great. rooms very neat and tidy.

Room Tip: Room Facing the pool side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Lalith ashok have always carved a niche for themselves, and a place to be remembered when you think of Bangalore's hospitality system, But they are doing everything now, so as to be a mediocre hotel. Stayed with my better half for 3 nights in this place, expecting luxury, best service, lipsmacking food and all....But Alas , none of them were even close to what we thought would be.

Pros:1. Good location, Plenty of space inside the hotel in terms of lawn, pool, parking etc
2. Decent sized rooms, but lack some ultra modern amenities which star hotels provide.
3. restaurant Bellucci at the Hotel had amazing food especially the fish is a must try

Cons: 1.Poor service at the breakfast buffet and during lunch, though they seem to have adequate staff, everything we ordered came much later than normal time required.
2. We tried their in house pastry/bakery shop, And were far from pleased. Not one, but tried six different varieties of stuff, hoping atleast one of them might turn out to be better. The chef really needs to re consider the preparations. the taste of pastries/tarts/gateux were very average... not recommended at all.It is Lalith Ashok!!!! you people need to work on the quality and taste of food...even the breakfast was average.
3. When you think of luxury hotels, spending high prices, the least expected is good quality house keeping . One of the days, we asked for the room to be tidied up and when we returned after 3 hours, it was not even touched, The housekeeping person in 2nd floor, just gave a sheepish grin saying he was busy!!! We were like fine and went out for some work, when we came back in evening, the housekeeping done was not even of budget hotel quality. I am sure my untrained maid can do a better job at it...

I can go on about cons.. but really wondering Is THE LALITH ASHOK expecting only to be half occupied always, as they seem to provide under services in all matters...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time off to give your valuable feedback. Your feedback about Housekeeping & breakfast service, quality of food has been duly noted and discussed with the entire team for immediate corrective action.

Much as we strive to deliver an exceptional quality of service to all our guests, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is a one off incidence and may i urge you to not let this be an indelible perception.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance, look forward to regaining faith and confidence in the brand and i hope will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.

Warm Regards