“Lush and Green”

Ranked #54 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Lush and Green”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the first time as I was part of a conference at the hotel. Lush and Green gardens and well maintained. Beautiful rooms and also good breakfast. Staff at all areas seemed to be quite genuine and helpful. Wifi is not free which was the only setback. Banquet halls are huge and have lot of options. Good hotel for staying in Bangalore even on personal visits as lot of options available.
Thnx
SK

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, 16 September 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Your generous word of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Bhaskaran. T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My experience has been good. Hotel is inside a garden, safe and relaxing. Location is close to downtown and with fairly easy access to the main places. Nice staff, efficiente and frindly. Rooms spacious enough: no frills but ok. Satellite TV enables you to look at some international channels, as well. Good dining options, especially at Bukhara Indian restaurant: really very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hospitality filled hotel from 04 August 2014 to 06 August 2014.

First of all this hotel is located at very prime location on one hand thr is big golf club and on other hand chief minister's house.

Welcome By Staff:- Very cultural touch in welcome by staff of this hotel, very very friendly and always available for anything.

Pool View Rooms:- Our rooms number is 225 just parallel to pool, very beautiful scenic view of trees and pool. (Check Our Photo)

Spa:- Must go for authentic spa experience on left side of pool, many variety of massages available. Must try shirodhara or full body massage with ayurvedic oils.

24/7 Restaurant:- Mouth watering delicacies with so much variety of foods simply amazing. Must try yellow watermelon, yes yellow watermelon specialy imported by hotel for its customers. (Check Photo)

Endless good experience with lots of memories, this hotel is complete package of hospitality but still maintain cultural touch of bangalore.

Must stay property in bangalore.

Room Tip: This hotel is for those people who love quiet enviroment Pool view room must for stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rajiv K

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had chosen Lalit Ashok, Bangalore for the wedding reception of my daughter where about 250 guests were invited. In addition I had booked 23 rooms for my guests. I must place on record the excellent hospitality and care taken by the entire staff of Lalit Ashok to look after my guests. I would like to mention in particular Mr Roshan Fernandez, Mr Ankush Punjabi and Mr Bharath with whom I had interacted. Not to forget the Chef, Mr Gopal who prepared excellent food which every one loved.
The rooms were very comfortable and the hospitality was excellent.
The buffet dinner which was served to about 40 guests on 3 May 14 was marvelous and thoroughly enjoyed by all my guests.
The warmth shown by the staff in looking after the guests is worth mentioning.

Room Tip: An excellent experience in an excellent hotel...the buffet dinner in the coffee shop is not to be mi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at The Lalit Ashok Hotel for one day in July while i was traveling on official work booked through my office. As you enter the hotel it has a beautiful and elegant look - lush and green out and a mix of traditional and modern interiors. You are welcomed with a warm smile and surprise - a fresh coconut water which is pierced in front of you so that you are sure it is fresh. Lovely to have something as fresh as a coconut water instead of an aria ted drink. I am walked straight to room with out much waiting time and formalities which was unexpected again. Rooms are ok in size - good enough with requirements matching a business traveler. Wifi is a concern and is a bit slow. The hotel has a pub which is noisy on weekends. Upon raising this concern at night with the Front desk Manager - was offered another room to sleep - which was very kind of him - however once you are settled in room - not convenient. Was told that the management is aware of this issue and are working upon it. Next day you kind of tend to oversleep once you are late to bed due to noise... you wake up to find a lovely spread of breakfast to start your day with. The Chef at breakfast (North Indian Chef - dont remember his name) is all around to make it perfect. I wanted something out of buffet which was organized without a second thought. This was impressive as I have been to other hotels which would first talk about an additional charge if it is not in buffet. I proceeded further and requested for a late check out as i could not complete my work - there was a bit of hesitation - however finally managed to get one but only until 3 pm. Upon check out i realized that I had probably left a small bag behind in my room. Even before I could speak to someone about it the person handling the luggage immediately approached and handed over to me. Very Impressive again. All and all a good hotel - however recommend to avoid it on weekends unless they have worked on their sound proofing.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pub
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us .

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon . Your generous words of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

bhaskarant@thelalit.com
Ajmer, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in lalit ashok in december 2013 for an official visit. It was a wonderful experience as far as room and quality of food was concerned. The staff was friendly. I think the best part is their restaurent and club sutra. At the restaurent,i really enjoyed breakfast and dinner. At the club sutra it was a great music at friday night with good ambience. I think one thing that require improvement is the look at first when you enter at reception, it seems to be a relatively small area (I mean does not give the grandeur of 5 star luxury).The pool side is average..Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: choose the pool side room..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the pool has been duly noted.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand and I hope you will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Warm Regards
Boston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed here last april may. although i was little apprehensive about this hotel i was surprised to see it at first. huge green oasis kinda resort in midst of city. the rooms are a bit smaller with small bathroom but upkeep and cleaning was top notch.their coffee shop has some exotic starters like malai kebab which was awesome . special mention to the cheese cake which was heavenly. the poolside room has a great view.the pool looks attractive. special mention at their Sunday brunch which is a great place to chill in hill station like weather.More over the service was really good and during the busy period also i got my orders correct.the concierge and lobby manager helped a lot regarding my city tour and they were quite guest friendly.
On my departure day a very nice decoration done by the cleaner using towels and flowers which i really appreciated. My only small issue was that there was no free internet, but its ok.
i just loved my stay and never thought it would be so pleasant as i used to stay always in Leela and Taj. I am truly impressed by this hotel which i think is underestimated. I have fond memories of high level of guest satisfaction. All the best. see you soon

Room Tip: choose a pool view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business