“Top Hotel With A Warm Welcome”
Review of The Lalit Ashok

The Lalit Ashok
Ranked #38 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nice to be met with a fresh coconut drink upon check-in after a long leg from Brisbane. The staff here are probably in the top 3 of all the hotels I have ever stayed in... superb!
Rooms are comfortable with timber floors. Good aircon system, comfy bed and a nice bathroom ( no bath ) with tons of hot water with great pressure. The hotel sits well back from the main road and there's good security on the gate and at the hotel foyer. There breakfast spread is also 10/10 and very reasonable recommend the omelettes here they are cooked to perfection. The Sutra Bar is ample and can be busy at weekends. As someone mentioned Wi-Fi is not free but the coverage and speeds are good for India. Bangalore is busy and traffic is busy but you won't here it staying here!. Definitely recommend this Hotel and will use it again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Take a room on the east side of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Your generous word of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Bhaskaran. T

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

i stayed there with my friend for 3 days from aug 22-25., 2014. the sorry part is that the room size is too small for the price that you pay. we were asked to pay Rs 12 for a local call which we had not done.After insisting, they did not take the payment.Secondly, the room with king size bed hardly has any space, given that you shell out 7500 /- for one night.Thirdly we were asked to deposit Rs 3000 as security for which my reply was 'why' because we had not availed any extra service. i had no such experience in any other hotel in india. so, overall well maintained property but small rooms, not so happy experience...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time off to give your valuable feedback. Your feedback about pre-authorization and room experience has been duly noted and discussed with the entire team for immediate corrective action.

Much as we strive to deliver an exceptional quality of service to all our guests, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is a one off incidence and may i urge you to not let this be an indelible perception.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance, look forward to regaining faith and confidence in the brand and i hope will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Yes, I with my family enjoyed the stay, Morning Walking path and Jim in particular. The Staff at Reception was very Courteous and helpful.The Location is very Prime and central , the calm and quite but you can visit malls like Mantri Mall and other markets which are at a very short distance.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Pool / Front are better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the first time as I was part of a conference at the hotel. Lush and Green gardens and well maintained. Beautiful rooms and also good breakfast. Staff at all areas seemed to be quite genuine and helpful. Wifi is not free which was the only setback. Banquet halls are huge and have lot of options. Good hotel for staying in Bangalore even on personal visits as lot of options available.
Thnx
SK

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My experience has been good. Hotel is inside a garden, safe and relaxing. Location is close to downtown and with fairly easy access to the main places. Nice staff, efficiente and frindly. Rooms spacious enough: no frills but ok. Satellite TV enables you to look at some international channels, as well. Good dining options, especially at Bukhara Indian restaurant: really very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hospitality filled hotel from 04 August 2014 to 06 August 2014.

First of all this hotel is located at very prime location on one hand thr is big golf club and on other hand chief minister's house.

Welcome By Staff:- Very cultural touch in welcome by staff of this hotel, very very friendly and always available for anything.

Pool View Rooms:- Our rooms number is 225 just parallel to pool, very beautiful scenic view of trees and pool. (Check Our Photo)

Spa:- Must go for authentic spa experience on left side of pool, many variety of massages available. Must try shirodhara or full body massage with ayurvedic oils.

24/7 Restaurant:- Mouth watering delicacies with so much variety of foods simply amazing. Must try yellow watermelon, yes yellow watermelon specialy imported by hotel for its customers. (Check Photo)

Endless good experience with lots of memories, this hotel is complete package of hospitality but still maintain cultural touch of bangalore.

Must stay property in bangalore.

Room Tip: This hotel is for those people who love quiet enviroment Pool view room must for stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajiv K

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had chosen Lalit Ashok, Bangalore for the wedding reception of my daughter where about 250 guests were invited. In addition I had booked 23 rooms for my guests. I must place on record the excellent hospitality and care taken by the entire staff of Lalit Ashok to look after my guests. I would like to mention in particular Mr Roshan Fernandez, Mr Ankush Punjabi and Mr Bharath with whom I had interacted. Not to forget the Chef, Mr Gopal who prepared excellent food which every one loved.
The rooms were very comfortable and the hospitality was excellent.
The buffet dinner which was served to about 40 guests on 3 May 14 was marvelous and thoroughly enjoyed by all my guests.
The warmth shown by the staff in looking after the guests is worth mentioning.

Room Tip: An excellent experience in an excellent hotel...the buffet dinner in the coffee shop is not to be mi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family