“Value for money in the heart of City”

Royal Orchid Central
Ranked #61 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel Royal Orchid Central is located close to MG Road and Commercial Street .The hotel has good reception,lobby and rooms.The buffet meals are sumptuous.The roof top restaurant is chic.However,hotel has no facade lawn ,pool or view from rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Sood43
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Bangalore !
It is our constant endeavor to create a wonderful experience of warm hospitality and impeccable service for all our valued guests. Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very happy to note our YES YES YES ! , has created great moments for you whilst you stayed with us.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay in the Royal Orchid. This was my second time in Bangalore. The first time I stayed in a relatively modest place. When I came back home, I had to stay in bed for 4 days with stomache aches ... I can't say it was because of the hotel. But this time I didn't want to take any chances.

The food is very good and definitely didn't cause the side effects mentioned above. I had breakfast and dinner in this hotel for the 4 days I stayed there. Breakfast had everything you would want from a western food point of view and also indian food. Dinner had mostly indian food, but not too spicy. Deserts were pretty good. the service was ok, but not stellar. In a couple of ocassions I asked for indian bread and it didn't come at all.

The room was clean and sufficiently spacious.

The only issue I found is the smell of the floors area. The smell wasn't very good. I think it smelled like mold. Besides that all the rest was good.
Security in this hotel is pretty tight, the X-ray your bags everytime you come in.

The staff was helpful, but nothing out of the ordinary.

They also have an english pub and happy hour. Very nice place and atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sananes
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This was my first time! The approach to the hotel is complicated and since the entrance is from rear it does not boast of good frontage view. It has a well spread out lobby and very convenient.
Impressed with the number of rooms neatly arranged in almost 10 floors without giving an appearance of tall rise building. The room was very well furnished. Got a water tub in the toilet, a convenience if one likes to soak in hot water and relax.
Food & room service is good, though the taste could improve further.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank rags26

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Bangalore !

Our culinary team headed by the Executive Chef have taken the feedback and have worked on creating a great culinary experience for all.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Royal Orchid is situated very well in the heart of city on old airpiort road. I stayed there for two weeks on a business trip. The hospitality of the staff was great. I like their efforts on small details which makes your stay pleasurable and easy.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The only thing I missed was a good menu for in room dining. It is said but doesnt mean that they do not have decent food. As for travelers it should not be a problem because you hardly eat in room :)

I recommend for medium budget stay.

Room Tip: Take higher floors for quiet environment.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Bangalore !

Our Culinary team headed by the Executive Chef have re done the menus so as to carry food which is not only a gastronomic experience but also cover comfort areas for all our guest when it comes to food away from home.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip and the staff made me feel at home. By the end of the trip all the staff would call me by name and they did everything to make my experience enjoyable. I ate in the hotel for breakfast and dinner every day and never got bored. They would make me an omelet any way I wanted and the coffee was good. There is an Italian restaurant on the top with great views of the city and delicious food if you are sick of Indian. The gym is on the 8th floor and also has great views, I was typically the only one in there and the treadmills were very nice.
The rooms were nice and comfy but my second room had a view of a brick wall! So definitely get on the opposite side for the view of Bangalore. It's located in the heart of the city and the hotel cars will take you wherever you want to go. Hard Rock Cafe is a short drive if you are craving a hamburger!

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have the view. I loved 709
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Royal orchid Central is located at the heart of the city, equidistant now from MG Road and Trinity Circle Metro Stations. Close to Ulsoor lake and right near office locations. The rooms are spacious, but service needs to be improved. the hotel offers a variety from south indian dosas to north indian bhaturas. the restobar is a good place to unwind. the bathrooms can be a little disappointing as they are smaller. nice spacious lobby with the signature Orchid flowers.

Room Tip: do not take the rooms facing north (backside). it's obstructed by a building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us during your recent visit to the hotel. We are pleased to see that you rate us as a decent hotel.

As with any feedback, we do review the contents with positive intent to take remedial actions as quickly as possible should a guest point out areas in which they felt we were not quite up to the mark.

I would like to point out that, as with any hotel in the world, we pay strict attention to details with regards to the look and feel of the property. We are after all in the "Yes" business and are most happy when you the customer are too!

I will definitely review the feedback you have given and work on corrective improvements as needed.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future and thank you again for your constructive comments that we will take forward appropriately.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Stayed here in the month of october 2011.The hotel is located in business centre and the view from rooms in one side of the hotel rooms terrible.The room service is poor and even the condition of rooms is below average.

Room Tip: try to book the room opp. to business centre, as one side is completely blocked by buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Satishkummar
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Bangalore

Thank you for your recent stay at The Royal Orchid Central Bangalore and your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay .
Our Engineering team headed by the Chief Engineer and the Housekeeping team headed by the Executive Housekeeper are working towards creating GREAT and memorable moments. At the Royal Orchid Central we value our guests and endeavor to better their experience every time.

Unfortunately in this instance we have not been able to meet your expectations, leave alone exceeding them. However, please be certain that we are taking all the necessary steps based on your feedback and I hope that you give us another opportunity to make you feel more comfortable with us in your next visit. I would personally look forward to welcoming you back.