“Adequate for an overnight stay”

Royal Orchid Central
Ranked #84 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bishop's Waltham, United Kingdom
“Adequate for an overnight stay”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Bangalore after flight from London delayed 12 hours, so we were exhausted after travelling for 30 hours. We could have slept anywhere, and we weren't going to complain about our 10th floor room not having a view from the window, or the slightly grotty shower, or anything else. The buffet breakfast next morning was very good. In short, this hotel is an adequate 4-star hotel, aimed mainly at business users, but for a tired jet-lagged couple on their way to Mysore, it served its purpose.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mr.Simon,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central, Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked the stay,food and service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

avpops@royalorchidhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location is excellent and the rooms just fine. Nothing special but clean and adequate and comfortable. It is within easy walking distance of MG Road and lots of good shopping. The breakfast was very good. I had, or tried to have, a quick lunch, but the service was rather slow.

Internet cost extra and is expensive.

Room Tip: I had a view over part of the city -- from the 7th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr.Charles,

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very cooperative staff very good value for money the location gives very easy access to the MG Road and other sight seeing places . The food is very good too. Being a old property they have maintained the rooms with wood and keys for the doors . We stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it & recommended.

Room Tip: Good Locations
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maheshwari2014
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this review, 27 February 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. The service people were very friendly and very helpful. enjoyed their food which was delicious in their coffee shop and roof top restaurant. The view was amazing. Loved dinning there. Prices are very affordable and value for money. perfect place to stay for business trip as the ambiance of the hotel gave me the relaxed frame of mind after a long day's work.

Will stay again shortly

I have recommended this place to my other colleagues and friends.

Good job keep it up Royal Orchid Central !!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place is the Perfect weekend get away. close to the city of Bangalore and Mysorei. The food is good, breakfast spread is excellent and service is prompt. For Spa they have tie up near to hotel in Alsoor. Value for money. Request for wifi and provided free. Helpful staff. come back again..........smile.........

Room Tip: Good for family
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Guwahati, India
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very Bad hotel with very bad service in the rooms as well as in the 24 hrs coffee shop....as half of the staff was sleepng and the rooms are too old and ants can be easily found in the room, Room service is too slow....NOT RECCOMENDED.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Please accept my sincere apology for our services during your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feed back with my colleagues and would like to ensure you that we have taken the necessary corrective measures. I would like to assure you that you will find a definite improvement in our services in your next visit

On behalf of my entire team I thank you once again for your kind patronage. We at Hotel Royal Orchid Central- Bangalore shall look forward to your next visit.

With Regards,

Asst Vice President-Operation
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past three years .
very central location makes this propery an excellent choice for a business traveller. Metro train station, MG Road is at walking distance. Rooms are good and breakfast spread is decent.
But, I find too frequent change of staff here ! new faces all the time !!

Room Tip: Ask for a city facing room on a higher floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Mr.Muneesh,