Ramanashree California Resort Bangalore
  • Room Service
Rio The Hotel(Bengaluru)
Jain Farms(Bengaluru)
  • Pool
All reviewsdecent staysuite roomexcellent servicemain roadbasic amenitiescourteous staffdhabaconferencegmrenovationteamcourtesyarrangementsvicinitychef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Best place to hang out .. Perfect resort fullfills all our needs.. Best ambiance and value more than wat we pay... Cool Place with authentic food at Dhaba.. Totally they made my stay a memorable one...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jagadish4u
Natwar T, General Manager at Ramanashree California Resort Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ramanashree California Resort as a preferred Resort during your visits to Bangalore and for sharing such a delightful review on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your positive review of our Resort and its facilities. At Ramanashree California Resort it is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our Resort. We are happy to read that we have met your expectations.

Your support to our resort is very valuable. and we look forward to having continued opportunities to be of service to you.

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quite close to the airport. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good food, all well priced, is the short description of this hotel. The restaurant is nice and serves good tandoor dishes. Live Crabs to choose from is the recent addition to this restaurant. The GM, Mr Thakore is a person who all guests must try and meet. A veteran, a true hotelier!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank agnair

Dear Mr Nair,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and also for your generous rating of Ramanashree California Resort ‘as the best’

We are grateful for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our product, service and facilities.

It is our continuous endeavour to deliver excellent service which meets high standards of comfort and hospitality and feedback such as yours is our greatest award and motivates us to continue striving even higher for excellence.

I have conveyed your compliments with the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at Ramanashree California Resort and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Newley renovated
Really enjoyable!!!!
Recomanded especially for those who wants to have peace & relaxesation, clean envirnment with nice location rooms are clean, service is very good, staffs are friendly, all the facility are there you name it
Warm welcome. They go extra miles to win your business

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Kishor G

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Ramanashree California Resort during your visit to Bangalore and also for taking time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I sincerely appreciate your compliments on our Clean and hygiene rooms, sports facilities, Health Club, Pool and the landscaped gardens. We are also grateful for your kind words on our service, which is a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services always.

Ramanashree California Resort

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This a longish review so I am going to give the bottom line right away, “Its not worth staying here, I can’t insist more, it’s a waste of your well earned money. If you want to know the reasons read more…”

I unfortunately stayed at the Ramanashree California Resorts for around a week on trip to take care of some personal affairs in Bangalore. This was the nearest available accommodation. I would have moved out after the first day if I had easy mobility around Bangalore.

Anyway coming to my reasons for the horrendous rating for this hotel – I have travelled to quite a few countries in Asia, Australia, N.America and have stayed in many hotels in different price ranges. So I kind of have an idea what to expect if I pay certain dollars in south east Asia, Australia or in N.America. In my mind a hotel should at least get these three basics right - cleanliness, customer service, and few basic facilities. When a hotel like Ramanashree cannot get these right bust still charge around $125 a night there is something seriously wrong with that hotel. It is very apparent that either the hotel ownership is not bothered about spending money to maintain or there is pilfering of the maintenance budget. I cannot come to

Cleanliness – If there is a rating below 0, I would gladly give this hotel that. All the hotel corridors have a damp smell. All the hotel rooms have a damp smell. There is no ventilation fans/or they don’t work in any of the bathrooms to remove the dampness. Your room will also have the damp smell after some time. Talking of bathrooms refer to the pictures I have uploaded for the cleaniliness or lack of it. The biggest shock for me was when I watched them cleaning the bathrooms. They used the wet used towels from shower and wiped the floor and even some of the drinking glasses. From then I stopped using the towels and went out and bought towels. So if you have to stay in this hotel, you better bring in your own towels.

Customer Service – The staff are cordial and there is even an occasional person in the staff who is genuinely nice. Some of the people in the reception were quite friendly and nice. As I stayed there for a week (unfortunately) I also saw lots of rotten eggs. The restaurant manager was outright rude and walked off when I was talking to him about arranging a buffet lunch on a weekday for some friends and colleagues.

Facilities – The facilities in this hotel were probably put in the 1990s and the hotel management is not aware that the world has moved on to 2014. The infrastructure is old and dirty. There are few rooms which are really small, 1 feet space on all sides of the bed. After I complained they moved me to a bigger room. Apparently both are same price. The TVs in the rooms are probably slightly bigger than an iPad screen, you cannot watch from the bed. There are refrigerators in some rooms which don’t work. Even if you ask them about it they’ll say some one will come to repair but it never happens. The TVs will occasionally stop working. The moment you step out of the room the refrigerator and all electrical stuff will be turned off so there is no point in putting anything in the refrigerator. The TV and the cable box will reboot every time you turn on, and you’ll have to browse from the beginning of the channel lineup.
The biggest irritant was they never replenish toilet rolls. One day I had to call and ask 4 times to the reception before they brought in some toilet paper. They don’t replace the bath soap and shampoo regularly. Unless you ask for it they don’t replenish it. There is no hair dryer, or iron box. The in house laundry is quite expensive. It may not be expensive in dollar terms but for India it is. If you ask the reception to call a taxi for you they’ll ask you to rent a car from them instead. They did not even provide me with the local taxi’s phone number. You are better off calling a taxi on your own.
The in house restaurant is a joke and again the kitchen was so dirty I was horrified. I clicked a photo of the kitchen door uploaded here. The prices charged by this restaurant is so exorbitant, they think they are some kind of four/five star hotel. Room service is a bigger farce. I ordered a coffee which came promptly but in a coffee pot with a broken, stuck lid. I had to call the room service again for them to come and open the pot. Throughout the one week the coffee pot and used coffee cups were in the room which was not taken away.

Be prepared for a rough ride if you absolutely have to stay here like me. I passed on my strong feedback to the hotel staff on the day I checked out and asked them what type of travelers book this hotel. The manager said many corporates book here which answered a lot of my questions. The hotel is probably providing steep discounts to corporates to book here and since most companies do not do any research about the hotel they are getting repeat business. The employees don’t pay to stay here, so there is no feedback or backlash from customers. If you are reading the review because your company has booked you or you are thinking of staying here, I hope this review of mine has provided you enough information on what to expect when you come to this hotel.

By the way if you are wondering about the title of this review, the hotel’s corny tag line is “Rediscovering hospitality” it should be more like “Rediscovering horrendous”

Room Tip: No rooms are good. All are equally bad.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank AravindBabu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your comment.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your feedback with regards to quality of services provided at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have taken up the issue with the concerned heads of department and assure you will find a marked improvement in the quality of our services during your future visits to the resort

Look forward to welcoming you back to Ramanashree California Resort again on your next visit to Bangalore

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

A place which i was very excited to visit... Enjoyed my stay here.. They have a amazing ambience.. Food from veg to non veg is very good and the service as well..They have a friendly staff.. Nice clean and sophisticated palce.. A place that which i recommend for visit..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RAJ2892

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Ramanashree California Resort, again on your next visit to Bangalore

Warm Regards,