“Good Hotel”

Hotel Empire International
Ranked #405 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Positive Point of the Hotel are its location (near M G Road & Brigades) & the Food.
Being a Budget hotel the rooms are Neat & Comfortable...
I Love the Food....
The Service is Average
Hope to Visit again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Empire International

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel before our flight the next day. The staff were ok and the room and toilet/shower was smaller than expected considering the size of the hotel building. On checking in late morning we were not clearly advised it was a 24hour check out,so when the next day came they tried to charge us for another full day. After speaking to the man in charge he agreed to modify the poster handed to customers when they check in to make it clearer but we still had to pay a charge. Overall the place was ok as it was all that we needed for our last night. The room service food wasnt too bad either. Just all not good enough to go back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days. I booked through one of the online travel sites for 2 days. At 10pm in the night I reached in the hotel. I waited till 12.00 for check-in. After a long drive it was a horrible waiting. The receptionist at the hotel in the night shift was a horrible person. He behaves to us like we are beggars. After 2 days I extended the stay for two more days. At the time of check-out they asked for a payment of Rs. 5450/- for the extended two days stay. I had given the credit card but the receptionist (the same person at night) replayed that the card swapping machine is not working. Then I paid cash. When I asked for the bill he said that he can’t give the bill because I had booked the first 2 days through online site. Then I asked for a receipt for the money, he is not even ready to give the receipt also. May be he is not accounting the money. But for me it is very difficult to account my stay without the bill. There is a restaurant below the hotel. This restaurant will be busy till 1 pm in the night. So we can’t sleep till 2 pm in the night because the sound from the restaurant. The free breakfast is limited, you will get only 1 dosa or 2 iddali and tea. The only good thing of this hotel is its location. The location is very good it is near the MG road and Brigade road. Sivaji Nagar and commercial street are at 5 minutes walking distance. There are lot of restaurants, pubs, shops etc in the walking distance. The rooms are very basic, bath rooms are very small, service is terrible. There are inter connecting doors between the rooms, because of this we can hear the sounds from the near by rooms. You will not get hot water in the morning between 6 to 8. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for long stays. Indian lunch at the hotel is good and low cost. Parking will be a problem, only 2 or 3 cars can accommodate in the under ground parking.

Room Tip: choose rooms at the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SURIE_S
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hotel Empire International has one thing going for it ...it's location .. It's within arms throw of excellent dining places..pubs..forum mall is a short walk away...this is the only plus point for this place and their rates are not exorbitant..
Rooms are very basic, cramped, bathrooms are tiny but clean, service is terrible or virtually non existent if I might add..food is terrible..would be satisfactory for ppl on short stays but families I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

i always stayed in this hotel because of its super convenient location.As am always on a business trip,so its easier for me to get to anywhere in the city from there. Rooms are good though i always requested for a specific room.Only negative thing of them is- the bathroom,which are real tiny.It would be better if its a bigger one.. One can have the food from the hotel itself in a very subsidized rate even can opt for the huge option they gonna have on that very street where the hotel is situated.

Room Tip: opt for higher floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the main strip of MG Road (at Church Street). The bus cannot enter because the road is one way. So we had to haul our luggage. The porters were quick to assist. However, one of the boys left the luggage in the curb so he can collect more. This is a no no! As I quickly came back to make sure it was within our care.

The receiving area is very tight. Finally everyone is settled in the rooms and we met for lunch upstairs. It was not conducive to westerners. It looks really dirty. The young Nepalese porters were always quick to assist and very polite. The hallways smelled so old! The furniture showed wear and tear that needed replenishing. Bathroom was so tight that you have to squeeze to get in. There was no hot water.

Finally, bedtime. I went to bed at around 10:30 and went right to sleep. Around 1 am, the people next door were sooooo loud talking and playing guitar that I woke up. I noticed there was a door on top of my head that had crack and that explains all the noise not filtered. I called front desk and requested or them to call. I heard the phone ring. My hope of silence did not happen. They ignored the call and continued to be loud. I did not sleep well.

The next day, we had an early start and they said our breakfast will be served in the rooms, continental breakfast. No reason to question their system so room service it is. I made a list of coffee or tea, people who wanted or not, cream or sugar on the side or not and handed the list to the front desk staff. I said, here is a list so there should be no mistake. So the first mistake happened when they gave me coffee and I did not order one. Some of our people in the group got cereal with milk poured and some got omelet. Needless to say, the cereal was not eaten as it was soggy and why make some with omelet we did not understand.

I do not recommend this place. It was not a pleasant stay for me or my group.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Location was central. Not recommended for westerners. Room and bedding was not clean and bathroom was smelly and no hot water. The pictures are deceiving! Was supposed to be with breakfast but it was just a couple of pieces of toast - eventually they did bring a boiled egg also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple