“Not worth it !!!!”

Ranked #117 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Sydney, Australia
“Not worth it !!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel from Sydney. We had high hopes after looking at the photos.

We were in for a nasty surprise. The room looked dull and the bath room was stinking of urine. It was not cleaned. I complained to the reception to give us a different room but was rudely told that no rooms are available. Instead he sent a housekeeping guy who put some cleaning liquid and went away without even telling us - zero manners. The stink did not go. We were left with no choice as we had travelled for 16 hours and did not have the energy to fight. Also the bathroom walls were not clean. Fittings were old and junk.

I told the reception that I will vacate in the morning as I was not happy with the room. He said ok but he needs to check with the manager who was not available. Not sure how what kind of a hotel manager these guys have. A manager who cannot solve customers problems. Next morning a lady from reception came and apologized and moved us to a nice room. But that also me telling her the whole story. The rude and incompetent night receptionist did not tell the manager anything.

The 24 hours menu had a lot of items but only sandwiches were available as we reached at 11AM. After eating two meals in the plane wanted to enjoy some Indian food but this hotel again proved that it is not a standard hotel. They also billed me for laundry when I had asked only for ironing - the manager said I signed a form - which I never did. The toilet tissues had to be asked - twice.

All in all - a nasty start to a vacation after paying more than 4k per day. Not worth it. Stayed there Aug 24 - Aug 27.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank techno-pm
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at the Hotel Goldfinch.

May I, at the outset, proffer my most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience caused to you as a result of our indiscretion and lack of customer orientation and judgment. I am also appalled at the series of sequential service lapses.

May I request you to pardon us on this occasion and provide my team and me with another opportunity to ensure that you have a pleasant and impeccable experience at the Goldfinch. I would like to assure you that I have viewed your survey most seriously and immediate corrective measures are being taken to address the same. May I also request you to treat this as an aberration not reflective of our normal service standards and customer care.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Please feel free to contact me, should you need any assistance, whatsoever.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Goldfinch Hotels.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Excellent service as usual, Great Food,Comfortable Room, Lavish breakfast, One of the best business class hotels in Bangalore. Also have few of the finest restaurant.
centrally located and convenient for traveling. Keep it up... Value for money..
Strongly recommended...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments of the Hotel.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Goldfinch way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Goldfinch hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Bhubaneswar, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is in a small street and the front office / entrance lobby is the best place of the hotel. The top floor kebab restaurant is good but little expensive. The spa is very expensive. But overall it is a good package .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amit B
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, 5 September 2013

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at Goldfinch, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the rooms, food at, and our staff !

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.

I am delighted to note that you found our service impeccable. The entire team is happy to read such a motivating review from you, which I am certain, will help us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Mangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Located close to the CBD and the bus depot. The rooms are clean and spacious with large comfy bed which is perfect after a hard days work. Spent about 3 hours in the hotel so really cant comment on the service. Was pretty easy to locate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Mangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Ambience ,Comfort and Quality of food at Kabab Studio at its Best.Hospitality was excellent.Rooms are Very Good with chillness of good AC.Rooms with Soft Beds.Sleep Quality was Good and Quite.Overall it was an fantastic experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fantastic hotel to stay . Mouth watering barbecue served on terrace , I might say a strong reason for u to book a room here in this hotel would be coz of the barbecue served there. They offer a valet parking service and till date like I have visited 30-40 times and no hassles yet , fingers crossed, also perfect location may it be for airport central Bangalore city railway station bus stand whatever you cannot find a perfect location like this with all of the amenities well within reach.

• Stayed October 2012

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I reached the hotel around 8 pm so didnt stay indoor long enough. looks to be a decent hotel, no great shakes though. room was kinda small, walk-in closet was fun part. no hand or face towels in the room, only two bath towels.

cold milk kept at breakfast had gone bad and tasted slightly sour which was replaced when brought to their attention.

front desk staff was very helpful and reached out fast to the needs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Sagar H
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Goldfinch Hotels.