“Good Service, decent rooms”

The Chancery Pavilion
Ranked #74 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Centrally located, it was a pleasure to have had good service from all staff. Pickup service was arranged from the airport and it was a pleasure to have them wait 1hr even though the flight was delayed. Nice ambiance and good food in house dining. Ask for room with pool view.

Room Tip: Spa was a little expensive, with the additional luxury tax etc which came up to more than 25% of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words and staying with us .We are happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very good location but room interiors are still frozen in time. Average menu choice for in room dining and no effort at all from their staff to explain other options either. Front office though was a good support. Overall very forgettable / non impressive experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Residency road has good view with greenery.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback .We have taken a note of your comments about limited choice for in room dining and staff .Kindly note we are continuously working on our menu options to offer more variety as per your expectation. We are deeply concerned about the comforts of our guests and we will continue to strive for the best experience for our guests

We always Endeavour to meet and indeed exceed our guests expectations. I do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery Pavilion, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Good cost effective hotel however people are not very well trained and also wifi is like dial up speed of 1990s...only reason I will not stay in this hotel again is because of poor internet connectivity.
Food is good - people in restaurant are better compared to house keeping and room service...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback with us.Kindly note we have taken a note of your wifi complain and please be informed we are upgrading our entire hotel wifi connection to make it most efficient.

Divender kaur

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Checked in twice at this property at a gap of just one day between Feb 02 - Feb 06, 2014. Appreciate that owing to my 2 nights occupancies during both stays, got some discounted pricing which they were not ready to give if I was staying for one night (policy I guess). Liked their 24X7 coffee shop, had my dinner at midnight (late arrival). Appreciate that my stay was upgraded to next category room. Front office staff was not as promt as it should be at any good Five star property, guess, they are over worked or hotel is short of staff. Be cautious with laundry services, they outsource it, inform them in advance or else you will have to leave your stuff or collect it at your next visit, this happened with me, despite standing instructions, they did not deliver it in time but as I had to come back, was able to collect my stuff during next visit, though they did not deliver it, they billed me for the service (ha ha ha). Despite beforehand information, checkout was not promt, bills and supportings were not ready, had to run to arrange them myself. Be careful, staff may ask you to share table with strangers at breakfast, first time in my entire travel history faced such a proposal, I denied taking breakfast itself. Rooms were fine during both stays.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade, guess club rooms are spacious and better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback with us.We have taken a note of your feedback about front office staffing and your checkout experience and have done the needful required. We have noted your feedback about laundry service and have taken up with the company to avoid any recurrence of this sort in future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

You can judge a hotel by a long stay visit better than a short stay. There you tend to appreciate what the hotel can and can't offer... and the value you attach to these facilities. This place is like a cocoon... I felt I was being cared for, looked after. Sometimes even a bit too much... as the conciergerie would ring my room to check if I was ok if the 'do not disturb' sign had been left on for too long. Although that can be a bit annoying, in the end I felt reassured. The hotel probably has some of the best food I have had in India so far... and this my 3rd visit, having stayed in about a dozen other places of all classes/categories. Breakfast is simply awesome... providing a good range, including the chef who will walk over and ask you if you'd want anything special. I asked for waffles... just to see how far they would humour me and they did! The location is also quite good and very close to Brigade Road. The way back from MG Road/ Brigade Road can be a bit confusing though... but that's just a minor thing. I also recommend trying some of the places to eat nearby... the great food at the hotel comes with a price.... so if on a budget, there are half a dozen more options a stone throw away from the place. One of the things that did disturb me a bit were the parties... there seems to be a lot of them, all the time. I wasn't overly bothered... but some other guests can be uncomfortable with bunches of teenagers attending pool parties, or large wedding parties or other conferences. But I guess that makes the character of the place. It seems to be very versatile. Good price too...definitely would go again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

We are pleased to know that our food and service exceeded your expectations and that you had an unforgettable experience. I have conveyed your appreciation to all chefs and the team is ecstatic to receive your appreciation.

We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to chancery pavilion

Best Regards

Marketing and Communication Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is centrally located in city about 90 mins drive from airport. Do not get confused with The CHANCERY, that hotel is near Chinnaswamy Stadium. Taxi took me to this one first. I think same group hotel. Better to carry address with you. Check- in took some time. Room was decent. Matress good so sleep quality was OK. The restaurant one level below check in reception was fantastic. Served some really good food. The problem with the hotel was airconditioner. It was stinking in room. I had to keep room door open for couple of hours so that climate inside can get better.. I guess the HVAC ducts are full of dust and poorly maintained.. I had sore throat by morning when I got up... those with breating allegies.. avoid this hotel completely..looks like it is sustaining itself on past glory.. Value for money deals and some good food... everything else including Interiors needs a major facelift..

Room Tip: try the resturant near the pool... it serves good food..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback .We have taken a note of your comments about the airconditioning in the room and have taken corrective action about the same .Kindly note our hotel is due for renovation and we are finalizing the same in near future.Unfortunately our infrastructure has aged over these years of our operations but our attitude and sense of hospitality has not yet.We are deeply concerned about the comforts of our guests and we will continue to strive for the best experience for our guests

In addition to this we assure you that we will ensure that we maintain the highest standards of guest rooms at all times so that an occurrence as this is avoided in the future.

Marketing & Communication Manger

Reviewed 12 April 2014

In terms of location, the hotel is situated centrally. The check in took ages (30 mins at the very minimum). The staff at reception informed me that since the booking was made through makemytrip.com, the hotel has not received a confirmation from the website and what i provide them is insufficient to check me in. Once you manage to check in, you would discover that the decor in the rooms is not bad but definitely needs a makeover. They still have the old big TV sets. That explains why the size of the room is large. The breakfast has a good spread. The hotel is equipped with a pool, staff at the restaurant are courteous. This is an ideal hotel for a traveler who is not going to spend too much time at the hotel and still does not want to compromise on a good stay without feeling a big pinch.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback .We have taken a note of your comments about delay in checkin and have taken corrective action about the same .Kindly note our hotel is due for renovation and we are finalizing the same in near future.Unfortunately our infrastructure has aged over these years of our operations but our attitude and sense of hospitality has not yet.We are deeply concerned about the comforts of our guests and we will continue to strive for the best experience for our guests

Marketing & communication Manager