A strange headline but here is why. The hotel is located on the main road and is opposite Bangalore club. I checked into a non smoking front facing room. And I was there during the weekend. Here is my experience. 1) The overall ambience and appearance of the hotel is modern, clean and while not too exotic it does manage to live up to its upsale image it stands for
2) My room was spacious with enough room to move about and a great view of across the street. The down side to it was NOISE in all capitals UPTILL MIDNIGHT -1 AM. You see the Bangalore club across the street is a venue for a lot of parties and boy do they like their music LOUD and there is NO escaping it. The hotel staff were kind enough to offer me a different room, but do you seriously think a guest has the energy to change the room at midnight after a long and hard day? So that is where the discomfort comes in to my review.
3) The minibar is really expensive especially the drinks, but that I guess is the way with most hotels.4) There is a toaster and microwave in the room which are interesting items but have little use to most of us. I guess we could carry microwave dinners on my next stay...lol 5) The room itself needs a little upkeep, the wooden formica is chipped in a number of places in the room, the painting over the sofa was hanging imbalanced. This is not expected from a premier property isn't it? 6) The staff is great and helpful 7) The room service is efficient and did make a smoothie of my request which was nice of them 8) I ordered a mezze platter which in itself was nice but the plating was not stylish, different dips in steel katoris. seriously? And the lavash bread was light brown almost not crisp enough as though someone was in a hurry to get it out of the oven before it was baked properly. 9) They offer good wifi connectivity and their IT dept is helpful and efficient as I did face connection problems. 10) The breakfast buffet was acceptable. 11) Air conditioning in the lobby and the restaurant (for breakfast) is poor quality and not cool enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chancery Pavilion is a 225 room, 5-star hotel set on an elevation amidst the heart of Bangalore's central business district on Residency Road. With its close proximity to key places of interest, The Chancery Pavilion is the perfect destination for business travelers, tourists, medical visits and even quick getaways. With state-of-the-art banquet facilities spread over 20,000 sq. ft. this hotel is the ideal place to facilitate corporate workshops, wedding receptions or even informal gatherings. Signature restaurants offer the finest food and beverage experience serving Indian and global delicacies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Chancery Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chancery Pavillion