“Great Service, Helpful staff”

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #96 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at this recently-acquired Hyatt property during the last week of July, 2013. The entire Check-In to Check-Out experience was good. Space does seem to be a constraint, but that's more to do with the location . . . which right in the heart of the city. The room I occupied was a bit noisy, as you could make every movement from the corridor, though it did not make a lot of difference after you crash off after a long day at work. It also does not have a Bakery, but the Chef made the evening by catering to my request in 10-minutes flat. All other Staff at the hotel were equally friendly and helpful. Would certainly go back to this place whenever am in Bangalore again - would request for a different room though.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms to avoid noises from the Corridors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review and feedback.

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the food and beverage services at the hotel especially the pastry chef!

The central location of the hotel is indeed one of its major USPs and we are happy to know that this was an added advantage for you

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was formerly an ISTA property now it is Hyatt. Stayed there from 5th to 9th August. Really great stay, staff is extremely friendly and specially during breakfast they take a lot of care. The spread might not be the most elaborate but the hotel staff makes it up with their warmth.

Also a pretty efficient front desk and try to remember your name - how they manage it is quite amazing. We also had an office conference for 2 days again good facility. I would say considering its location it is indeed value for money for business stay.

Room Tip: Try to stay at the top floor rooms with a view to the metro lines. Looks lovely in the morning.

Dear Guest

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is designed for the business traveller and our conference facilities aim to meet all business needs that one might have.

The mission for the team is to provie authentic hospitality and they take pride in a high level of empathy and egnagement they have.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I really liked my stay at this Hyatt property, however, i've stayed at the Hyatt in Mumbai and surprisingly for a space constraint city, the Mumbai one offered more comfortable rooms.
The service quality is excellent though and the staff really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Also the perfect place to find a great breakfast at 6.30am!

Room Tip: Rely on the Front desk, they took really good care of meeting most of my requests.

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Bangalore on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We landed at wee hours at 4.30 am at bangalore after my few hours transit stay at the TERRIBLE "KAMAT YATRI NIVAS HOTEL" at Gandhi nagar bangalore we came to Hyatt as our Check in time was at 10Am, Much to relief we were welcomed by the smiling face of Ms. Pallavi at the Front office desk, we were taken on tour of the Property and we are quite satisfied with the maintanance and cleaniness even though the rooms are bit tiny but comfortable,thanks Hyatt for making our stay comfortable special thanks to Pallavi for taking care of our guest from USA.

Room Tip: All rooms seems to be good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to hear that you and your guests have enjoyed their stay with us at the Hyatt Bangalore and had the opportunity to experience our authentic hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here from 19th Aug to 24th Aug. Was here on a official trip. I was really disappointed when I entered the hotel and found lobby was too small and it looked nothing like a 5 star property. My disappointment doubled when I saw the room. It was too small. The only thought which came to my mind was why I booked this hotel. I came to know from hotel's staff that this property was recently taken by Hyatt.
The service was excellent and breakfast had almost all options available. They gave me an awesome room with a nice view. I was on top floor( 11th ) and had swimming pool view. The room service have too little option if you are a North Indian food fan. Overall not wjat I expected but I'll still rate this high because of the awesome service and friendly staffs.

Room Tip: Chhose rooms on 11th floor i.e. the top floor and if possible get the room 1105,1106 or 1107

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. Hyatt Bangalore is specifically designed for today’s business traveler and every attempt is made to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our endeavor is to not only meet but exceed guest expectations.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the views of the Garden city from the rooms. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Although slightly taken aback by the size of the room, soon came to realise that it had everything we needed and more! Mini bar reasonably priced. Twice a day we were asked if we would like the room serviced. The staff were very approachable and friendly. Our meal in the Pink Popadom was fab, we asked for a taster menu that was not on the actual menu and they were more than happy to oblige. Good luck to the chef who is entering a culinary competition soon!!! We had a lovely stay and felt it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gill T
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

Our mission is to provide authentic hospitatlity and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will convery your regards and best wishes to Chef Hitesh.

Looking forward to the oportunity to weclome you back to Bangalore in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel thinking that the Hyatt brand in India would maintain a certain standard, I have stayed in several Hyatt's in India all of which have been excellent. This one was a severe let down, the fit and finish of the rooms is terrible, surfaces are wonky and there are gaps/cracks all over the place. The hotel seems very tired, apparently this was a re-brand hotel from Ista to Hyatt, Hyatt has however not done anything to the hotel - service is not up to Hyatt standards either. The rooms are tiny, and I mean tiny, I had two meals here - in the a la carte all day dining restaurant I had a great lunch, but the evening buffet was very disappointing. The food was slightly cold, and I had ordered some bread that arrived after i had finished eating.

I was told this hotel will be due to start a refurbishment from spring 2014, I think i will e staying elsewhere until then.

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. Hyatt has 7 different brands in its portfolio of which Hyatt hotels are business hotels with the advantage of being located in close proximity to key business areas in the city. We became part of the Hyatt hotels in April 2013.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Hyatt Bangalore M G Road on your next visit to the city.

Madhav Sehgal