“Middle of the city convenience and comfort.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Bangalore MG Road

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #76 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Aluva, India
“Middle of the city convenience and comfort.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Usually prefer staying with the Taj wherever i go, but got a deal with Hyatt from yatra.com, and hence there i was. Had read not so good reviews on this website, i was not sure what to expect. But one thing i knew was that you couldn't get a better location than this. Shopping or business, you will never be far if you stay at MG Road, and Hyatt is the newest entrant into the list of hotels already here or the parallel residency road.
Walking into the hotel, we were greeted with smiling faces right from the security check, check in was a breeze, though we had to wait a while for them to get our rooms,confirmed from the website(my bad, i didn't ve a print out, and then i had to mail it to the hotel). We were given a city facing room on the seventh floor. Rooms were the surprise. It was pretty small , and made to look even smaller with a weird floor plan not seen in hotels. But it was comfortable, befside remote kind of machine which showed world time, where you could set alarms, control the lights and the air conditioner. Bsthroom was pretty crowded but not bad. A complimentary menu of about 8 snacks of which we could pick one a day was also there. We ordered one,but it actually took an hour to arrive.
Housekeeping was impeccable, comin even twice or thrice a day and cleaning up.
but another service problem we had was when we arrived quiet late in the night and the valet was not there. Actually they were around,yet they asked me to go umto their basement car park on my own. Wouldn't be been bothered,but they don't even have a lift from the car park and i had to run in the rain to get to back to the lobby. Terribly bad service, its after all a five star property,and they don't ve a good parking area,and they do ve vakers,and yet i had to go through that.
the corridors were stuffy and smelled weird. Wrong decision, hyatt, to not air condition the hallways.
otherwise,a perfect stay. Perfect location. Good comfy rooms, mostly smiling and helpful staff. And they gave us an early check in and late check out. Hyatt didn't live up to the standard i was expectin, i just don't know if i was expecting too much.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you have truly enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel and appreciate the detailed feedback you have share with us. It is indeed true that our location is ideal for all travelers to Bangalore. While the central location is indeed strength the team at the hotel is committed to providing you and all our guests with authentic hospitality.

The smiling and helpful staff are the true ambassadors of Hyatt Hotels and I will ensure your feedback and recognition will be shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Bangalore during your next visit to the city.

Madhav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

A very disappointing stay considering all the Hyatt properties I have visited where most enjoyable, providing great service with a sense of understatement.

I chose this hotel because as I wanted to be close to one of my customers for our next day's meeting, as Bangalore traffic can be... infuriating. Location is right behind the 1 MG Road shopping mall, so that's quite convenient and provide options for shopping (if you are into these sorts of things).

The hotel appearance looks good but you quickly realise that the standard of finishing are simply not there. It could look very design but end up looking a bit cheap. The lobby is merely two sofa chairs and the reception. You are escorted to your room.

As the receptionist tried to enter my room, he realised the key was not working, so rushed back to reception for a new one while I was waiting in the corridor. The room is very small and the bathroom, described in my reservation as Boxed shower felt exactly like this... a box.

There are not many easily accessible power points, so had to charge my laptop alternatively.
The finishing in the room are far from perfect. The bed is ok and the shower pressure working.
Staff was amiable and trying best but training could resolve a few issues.
I was asked at what time I was going to leave the hotel at 09am (I had notified I would need a car the previous evening). It took 3 phone calls to arrange the car when one was all that needed.

The alarm rung 3 times 12 minutes before the said time. Fortunately I was awake but I would have been displeased if the alarm had rung randomly in the middle of the night.

The insulation is far from perfect, I could hear (and so could my colleagues) the vacuum cleaning going on next door while I was on a conference call.

The Internet system is idiotic. While we all travel with multiple devices, the said system does not allow you to be concurrently logged in. So if I log in on my mobile phone, my computer looses the internet connection and vice versa.

The restaurant is open air and with morning and evening being currently chilly, be prepared for the temperature. Waiters are wearing white tee-shirt. I have nothing against the said tee-shirts except that when curry, or tea or coffee is spilled on them, it is best advised to change the said tee-shirt rather than walking around with what looks like a portable room service menu.

My massala tea arrived after I had finished my breakfast with the lame excuse that it had taken so long because the kitchen only opens at 630!

So overall simply not impressed with this property and shall not return as there are many nicer properties to choose from in Bangalore.

Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review and feedback.

It is our endeavor at Hyatt Bangalore to provide all our guests with authentic hospitality and I am disappointed to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced. Our endeavor is to not only meet but exceed guest expectations and hence we take all guest feedback seriously and being empathetic to our guest needs is extremely important to us.

I request you to please contact me directly when you have your next visit to Bangalore and would like to offer an upgrade, subject to availability to one of our beautiful suites, each of which are appointed with a wonderful terrace allowing you to experience the wonderful weather of our garden city.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Bangalore

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Though the hotel is located in the Heart of Bangalore, once you are inside its very tranquil. You feel completely cut off from rest of the world. The breakfast place at the hotel has an open air ambiance to it. It’s nice to have breakfast there. The rooms of the hotel are a bit small by Indian standards.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the tranquil setting of the hotel, especially Lido, our international restaurant set by the poolside where we serve breakfast every morning.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Last week I had a short visit to the Hyatt Hotel in Bangalore, this property supposingly a 5star property is lacking all 5star touches. Entrance lighting poor, Welcome poor, no Doorman, nobody opens your door. Restaurants extremely average, meal availability as well as service, beverage items out of stock?. Management needs to wake up, get out of their offices and see what is, or better what is not, going on in their Hotel. This Hotel should at best be no more than a 4star!

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review

It is our endeavor at Hyatt Bangalore to provide all our guests with authentic hospitality and our endeavor is to not only meet but exceed guest expectations. Thus I am disappointed that we were not able to do so during your visit.

I request you to please contact me directly for any reservations that might be required for yourself or friends and family travelling here and we will ensure that they experience the authentic hospitality that Hyatt hotels are synonymous for.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

stayed here for a night. checked in in the afternoon. it took 15 mins to check in. there were 3 staff at the reception and were confused as to which room to allocate. i was a quiet spectator. there was one other gentleman trying to check in and he was also looking at the staff with amusement about the room selection debate between the staff. got a room on the top floor. was expecting a decent size room but the room was rather small. the lady staff who guided me to the room said this is a business class hotel so the room is medium size. any ways the view was very nice from the room. there was no bath tub in the toilet which was a disappointment for me. had dinner at the coffee shop. food was nice. for a table by the pool. was a very nice to sit by the pool. checkout was swift and quick. minus the bath tub would stay here only as its a value for money.

Room Tip: ask for rooms overlooking the metro line.

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review

It is a pleasure to hear that you found the hotel true value and that you will choose to stay with us again. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy Lido our poolside restaurant. All your feedback has been noted and we will ensure it is shared with the team.

Thank you again for taking time out to share your feedback and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Re branded recently as a Hyatt, no where near to standard yet. OK Hyatt Mgt can't change the building or make rooms bigger or facilities better overnight, BUT the customer service is poor (staff training required) could be an easy fix for the GM / Franchise owner. This Hotel is FULLY staffed but with training and role clarification, who is serving which customer is a real issue in breakfast restaurant in particular.

The rooms are small as other have said but they work: great bed and desk and acceptable bathroom: few nice touches too.

The pool is great: long, right shape to swim in and water quality is very good.

The location is good on MG Road.

The Gym is small, but completely unusable unless you go down an hour before and turn the AC on: its in a hot house next to the pool.

This place is never going to be a top 10 Hyatt property but it could be significantly better with Leadership and training.

Would stay again for location, good bed and pool, the rest i know what to expect now, i hope to be proven wrong and see a better trained workforce on any possible future visit.

Room Tip: 11th floor good, assume all much the same but on busy road so would request higher floor
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool, the location and some key features in the room. I also appreciate the detailed feedback you have shared with us for other areas in the hotel and assure you that it has been share with the team.

The hotel is committed to providing authentic hospitality to all its guests and I am confident that on your next visit we will not only meet but exceed your expectations.

I request you to please contact me directly on my email listed below for your next visit to Bangalore.

madhav.sehgal@hyatt.com
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the Hyatt on a business trip, I would definitely use this hotel again. Rooms are comfortable and well laid out with a nice modern look. I made use of both the gym and the pool which were also up to a high standard. The best thing about this hotel however are the restaurants, both of which produced a host of fantastic dishes. The menus are both original and imaginative.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mark g
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your very review, I am happy to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again. Our rooms are indeed modern and designed for the business traveler. It is also a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed the fitness facilities and the restaurants of the hotel.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.