“Excellent - Great Staff!”

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #87 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Andover, United Kingdom
“Excellent - Great Staff!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I'm in the midst of a month staying at the Hyatt on the MG Road in Bangalore. Nothing but praise for this really great hotel. And it's the staff that make it. The facilities are standard for a 5 star - good pool and comfortable loungers from where you can watch more birds of prey than I have seen in a lifetime (Crested Serpent Eagles, Honey Buzzards, Black Kites, Brahminy Kites and lots more - they all nest opposite the hotel).

But it is the staff here that make this hotel go from good to excellent. The epitome of professionalism. They are attentive, and genuinely want to make your stay truly memorable. I'm here on business but I like it so much I'm coming back with my wife at the end of the month for a night. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped without pointless gadgets, the food is amazing (the Head Chef left cheesecake and truffles with a passion fruit coulis in my room when I got back in last night). Now that's worth making a trip for!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 5 April 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

I am delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast, amenities and the authentic service provided by the associates. I will surely share your motivating feedback with the team.

For more updates and offers you can log on to our Facebook page - Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife at Hyatt Bangalore!

Madhav Sehgal,
General Manager, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kfar Tavor, Israel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

great for business stays, good service, great diner. breakfast could be a bit beter...
fitness center is a bit poor with some brokendown elements and TV's were out of order.
overall a good night's sleep with a quick and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to read your kind comments regarding our service and associates. I will surely share your feedback with the team.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused at the fitness center, please know that the matter you have brought up has been addressed

I hope you will allow us the privilege to host you again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Was here for a night on a business trip and was sorely disappointed on many counts. Rooms are the smallest compared to other hotels on MG Road. Service for breakfast is disappointing. When I walked in for breakfast, I was asked if I needed something hot - dosas, parathas etc. I replied that a Masala Dosa would be good. While the Masala Dosa did not arrive for 15 minutes, I had 3 waiters coming and asking me the same question - Do I want something hot - dosas, parathas etc. Ditto for tea. On checking out I hand over the room card to the guy on the desk. He gladly accepts it and wishes me goodbye only to rush back to me on the porch when I am waiting for my car to arrive. He apologizes and tells me that he wasn't aware that I am checking out. So my suggestion to fellow travelers is to avoid this hotel and look for other options on MG Road.

1 Thank parikh_suchit
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore.

At the onset thank you for taking time out to share your feedback with us.

We take a lot of pride in our products and services and our endeavor is to consistently provide authentic hospitality I am disappointed that we have not achieved this during your previous stay. Your feedback has been shared with the leadership team in the hotel and I request you to not let this visit mar your impression of Hyatt Bangalore and its services.

In the event that you have a travel for yourself or any friends and family coming to Bangalore please do contact me directly for the reservations. Our team is keen to showcase the authentic hospitality it is known for and we are confident of not only meeting but exceeding expectations.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The service here is fantastic and the staff do all that they can to ensure that you have a nice stay. The rooms are comfortable and the pool is nice. The gym is a bit small and the restaurant is a bit mediocre and overpriced, but the breakfast buffet is quite nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 7 March 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read your comment about our associates, service and the swimming pool.

Also, thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to the menu pricing, I will share the same with the team.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Did a one day short stop at this hotel. Was impressed by the cleanliness and amenities. They had cookies and brownies in the room for free. Nothing to complain and Breakfast is to die for even for Vegans. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, 28 February 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

I am delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast, amenities and our service. I will surely share your motivating feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Bangalore!

Madhav Sehgal,
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is incredibly clean, provides all the amenities and the service is outstanding. I have stayed here 3 times and will continue to. The location is very central to a lot of restaurants and shopping. And for me it is a 15 minute drive to the Bagmane Tech park. The hotel is very reliable in providing drivers for any location you wish.

The rooms are nothing overly special but they are clean and nice. The staff is so very friendly. They remember you from one stay to the next and are accommodating for anything you need.

As a woman traveling alone I never feel uncomfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you very much for taking time out to share your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that your experience at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road was very pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the associates, this will surely motivate them to continue providing authentic hospitality to our guests.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

bangalore
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Located in the heart of the city on MG Road. Very convenient to move around in the evening time. Reasonable tariff. 1-1and half hour drive from airport. Suitable for business as well as leisure stay. Good amenities.

Room Tip: No preference.