“Best kept secret in Bangalore!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shreyas Yoga Retreat

Shreyas Yoga Retreat
Bangalore
“Best kept secret in Bangalore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We LOVE Shreyas! We have been coming here for over 3 years. We live in Bangalore and it is a regular escape for us from the city.

It is a great place, lovely food, super service, very attentive staff. The rooms and grounds are tastefully decorated. The food is all veg. Don't let this put you off if you're a meat-eater (we are), it is so varied and beautifully presented, you don't miss out.

The pool, steam room, jacuzzi are all super. There are yoga lessons. It is also nice to walk around the grounds and gardens and just chill out.

Best of all, from Bangalore, no plane flight is required, you can easily drive there. Oh and there is a spa with massage too!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Thebigbangalore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Hongkong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

An amazing journey ... enjoyed every minute of my stay at Shreyas.. the Yoga sessions were very good... The ambience was very relaxing and beautiful giving me a sense of calmness and serenity... Food was very good and service was par excellance!! Iwould return there for sure...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank SuraiyaEbrahim
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We've heard lovely review from friends in Coorg, India and from family in the States about Shreyas. We would love to stay there during our next Passage to India!

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajbseattle
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

Having recently returned from my second visit to Shreyas, I am full of praise once again for the team and the small resort. From the moment I entered through the gate after a long, overnight journey and was welcomed warmly, I felt myself relax and start to unwind. The staff are very caring and nothing is too much trouble.

I stayed in a pool cottage – charming and well-equipped - but the garden cottages are equally nice and more typical, being partly open air. It was very pleasant to spend quiet time there during the heat of the day, after a massage or dinner, if I didn’t want to join other guests and watch a movie. Otherwise I passed time relaxing in the sun by the pool or with a book in the shade, on one of the large sofas. I’m ashamed to say I never made it to the gym!

I was on a tailored package, so enjoyed both daily yoga/chanting sessions and private yoga and meditation classes. I improved tremendously during my stay, thanks to the patience of expertise of my instructors. I also learned a great deal about the culture and traditions of yoga. I left, keen to continue my studies and put more of this into practice. That said, the group classes are truly geared up for all levels and both beginners and the experienced guests clearly enjoyed them equally. It was great that from time to time, the staff join in the classes as well, adding to the sense that, for the duration of your stay, you are part of the Shreyas community.

One of the highlights of Shreyas has to be the delicious home cooked food – it’s so good to know that most things are grown or made on the farm. During my stay, we enjoyed a good variety of Indian and European style vegetarian dishes and Chef was keen to get regular feedback from the guests. It was fun to have a cooking lesson and learn first hand how easy it was to make some of the lovely dishes. Dinner under the stars, with candlelit tables strewn with rose petals is a fabulous experience and one of the many memorable moments.

Both my visits to Shreyas have been perfect in every respect – I improved my yoga, made new friends and returned both mentally and physically refreshed. I would recommend Shreyas to anyone who really wants to get away from their busy life and be totally pampered for a while. I am looking forward already to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Asiatravelhopper
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

The most serene and beautiful experience! I attended a yoga retreat and it was incredible.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank EmmaClo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

I first stayed at Shreyas in April of 09 and I loved it so much that I went back this year. There are many wonderful things about Shreyas. For example, you can walk or run through paths that take you through coconut trees, ponds,organic vegetable gardens or you can swim, get an amazing body scrub, relax by the pool, and learn local crafts such as henna or rangoli. All of these activites are great however the best thing about Shreyas is that you feel that you are a part of a family while you are there. The staff are warm, friendly, knowledgeble and always available to help. And the yoga it was WONDERFUL!!!! The staff are able to give individual help to guide you in your practice and challenge you. Their knowledge of yoga is extensive and I have never felt so good. Oh and lets not forget about the food... healthy and amazing. Both times I went I participated in a community activity where we served lunch to the children in a local school and orphanage and that was one of my most memorable moments. Its a great way to get to know another country.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank LaurieS4
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

The fondest memory of my time at Shreyas was the care and attention of the staff in a time of need. My mother took a fall (from a broken flip flop) and severely sprained her ankle. Instantly, a series of staff members appeared at the scene. Within minutes, the doctor on call arrived and escorted my mother and I to the closest hospital. The care at this hospital was good, but the staff insisted on a second opinion, which is why they drove us to Bangalore's most trusted hospital an hour away. Upon returning back to the premises, staff would frequently drop by the room to check on my mom and in some cases massage and ice her ailing ankle (for no additional charge, obviously). The food, premises, yoga, people, was all 5 star, but their sense of love and hospitality is what really stuck out in my mind.

The retreat itself was one of the most soothing experiences I've ever had. We lived in what looked like an enormous 5 star tent. The premises are absolutely gorgeous and serenely calming. The maintenance of the resort's beauty is awe inspiring, such as, fresh flowers ornately decorated on tables at every meal, candle bags lining the dining area every night.

The food; delectable. All freshly cooked from their acres of personal farmland. All vegetarian but I was never left hungry or unsatisfied. I did yoga every day, and felt healthier and more revitalized than in years.

A++